Standing in line for the restroom

Mandy

This sounds like a really mundane, little thing, but I keep thinking about, so I suspect there's something much bigger here, and if I consider the small manifestation it would be easier than with a larger one. 

Yesterday we went to see the eclipse and the outlook where we stopped to view it happened to have a lodge across the road that opened up their restrooms to the public and sold food and eclipse glasses. There were only two restrooms and a ton of people and a long time to wait before the big event. I went to use the one downstairs and the whole room was a conference room set up with card tables, people playing cards and comfy leather chairs and a big tv screen playing information about eclipses and one single bathroom at the back.

There was no line for the restroom so I went to open the door and a man sitting in a chair said there was someone in there and I said thanks, so I stood outside the door and waited. As soon as the person using it came out he jumped up ahead of me and went in. 

At the time I was surprised as I didn't consider that he was waiting to use the restroom. I really like clearly formed lines, and good communication and knowing what's going on at a glance. 😆 I would also LIKE to be more relaxed, relaxed enough that I could sit in a comfy seat waiting for a restroom to open up at a time like that when there's lots of demand for restrooms. I'm jealous of that confidence but I can't imagine not waiting for the one person who was standing in line, when I wasn't clearly waiting for the restroom. I'm not really sure I want to add to that or that it would turn out well to add to that. 

The thoughts also keeps coming up that I see men doing this sort of thing all the time but almost never see women doing it. 

Also that LOA does not honor lines in fairness yet is Fair. 

🤷‍♀️

Youtube Channel