What is Fear?

Orb

A common "thing" I've heard that falls away as Self Realization deepens is Fear itself. 

What is Fear? 

How is it different from the adrenaline response that comes from seeing a bear in the woods?

Can all Fear actually fall away?

♾️

3 hours ago, Orb said:

A common "thing" I've heard that falls away as Self Realization deepens is Fear itself. 

What is Fear? 

How is it different from the adrenaline response that comes from seeing a bear in the woods?

Of course can fall away. What you really are is can never born and never dies. What we are talking about is illusion self. So you are talking about your shadow. Look from this perspective.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, Phil said:

@Orb

What’s found as to what fear is, right now?

Resistance. 

1 hour ago, James123 said:

Of course can fall away. What you really are is can never born and never dies. What we are talking about is illusion self. So you are talking about your shadow. Look from this perspective.

100%, the fear is dying. 

♾️

2 hours ago, Phil said:

In direct experience, presently, what is resistance & what is the resistance to? 

Resistance is when a subject object thought arises where the subject wants to avoid an object. 

1 hour ago, James123 said:

What is your biggest fear?

Hm, can't say I have one.

♾️

@Phil @James123

Earlier I did trauma release exercises and prayed for this trauma in the gut to leave. I was on the phone with my gf sharing sensitive info when suddenly the body emptied out significantly. 

I went to my gfs house and she told me she was scared of me because she couldn't see anyone behind my eyes 😂.

I told her she should be looking to see if anyone is behind her eyes 😁🙏

Oh yeah.....and then she held my hands and prayed for me 😅

Edited by Orb

♾️

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

I agree. In accordance with thought there is a subject and it is ‘in’ the thought(s), and an emotion is an object as in some thing known. 

Are those aspects noticed? 

For sure! 

♾️

8 hours ago, Orb said:

What is Fear? 

An emotion. How some thoughts or interpretations feel. Just like jealousy & impatience. 

8 hours ago, Orb said:

Thought appears as / as if in the lens-sphere. 

The thought ‘body’ appears as the lens-sphere as well, but what the thought body points to appears as / as if in the world-sphere. 

Body, bear & adrenaline are of the world-sphere. 

Interpretations about body, bear & adrenaline are of the lens-sphere. 

This is why there can be suffering without any bears around and without any adrenaline happening, and there can be a body, a bear & adrenaline, yet no suffering. 

8 hours ago, Orb said:

Yes, and then it depends if the emotion was conceptualized and to what extent. Some concepts / interpretations are dispelled and so ‘they’ don’t come up. Some are not and come up until they are. 

20 minutes ago, Phil said:

Is it clear that you, awareness are prior to and therein aware of, thoughts & emotions?

(Even if it seems sometimes fear happens or arises, and clarity is covered up when this occurs.)

Yes 100%. 

♾️

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Orb

Can fear ever be of something? 

It seems like "fear" is a combination of discordant thoughts and trauma. Trauma stored in the body creates a consistent feeling of not being safe. 

So for the average person, the mix of discordant thoughts and trauma may be what is commonly referred to as fear. But idk.

"Fear of something" sounds like aversion.

♾️

Fear is the desire to avoid a threatening situation. Nothing inherently wrong with that.

Fear created through self-image or ego is the same desire, but the situation you avoid is held as an imaginary object in experience, and so it is not really a situation at all, just the imagination of yourself inside of one. You literally become someone who avoids imagination.

Edited by Enlightened Cat

Describe a thought.