Vegetarian Diet is Pretty Nice and Feels Sustainable

Just wanted to share how nice this way of eating feels 😋. I notice when I eat food now It's digested a lot faster and my body feels emptier in a good way. Yet at the same time I'm in better shape than ever! 

I didn't change my way of eating for ethical reasons, but I don't see any reason to kill animals for food when we can just consume their byproducts (milk and eggs). Eggs and milk are still nutritious and full of high quality protein and fats, eggs are a really good source of choline which is important for higher cognition and memory.

Eggs and dairy are also digested much faster than meat. 

I have consumed veggies, eggs, dairy, grains, and whey protein shakes and GOL shakes.

♾️

You might digest faster because of the increased fibre intake. Generally, I wouldn't get hung up on a specific type of diet if I were you as that leads to a lot of physical issues. Milk will be detrimental to your health in the long run simply because of the pasteurisation process, unless you source it via some other means, i.e., straight from a cow. 

4 minutes ago, ThePoint said:

You might digest faster because of the increased fibre intake. Generally, I wouldn't get hung up on a specific type of diet if I were you as that leads to a lot of physical issues. Milk will be detrimental to your health in the long run simply because of the pasteurisation process, unless you source it via some other means, i.e., straight from a cow. 

Well that's the thing, this doesn't feel like a limited diet, the options are so vast it doesn't feel like a sacrifice like it did with keto/vegan. It's pretty much everything except meat/fish/chicken

♾️

And meat/fish/chicken is what you will usually need most if you (or your ancestors) come from Europe/North America. That's why we see so many health problems in people from spiritual backgrounds, where some guru tells them that they should not eat meat. But that's what earns my living and I greatly enjoy bringing people back to health. 

That being said, most health problems, especially the most prevalent these days (leaky gut, IBS, all kinds of digestive issues, joint pains etc. list goes on) could be easily prevented by listening to your body rather than 'a teacher'.

And I'm not saying that a vegetarian diet is not right for you at this point in life. Whenever you are to develop spiritually your body likely will crave a no-animal diet. But I doubt it would be sustainable for a lifetime (from my experience it will not).

In this case, knowing something from experience, what better wording would you use? What does doubt as an emotion imply in this case? Not being fully certain of an idea? Possibility of the idea being the other way around (which is already always assumed - creating doubt in a sense)?

7 hours ago, ThePoint said:

And meat/fish/chicken is what you will usually need most if you (or your ancestors) come from Europe/North America. That's why we see so many health problems in people from spiritual backgrounds, where some guru tells them that they should not eat meat. But that's what earns my living and I greatly enjoy bringing people back to health. 

That being said, most health problems, especially the most prevalent these days (leaky gut, IBS, all kinds of digestive issues, joint pains etc. list goes on) could be easily prevented by listening to your body rather than 'a teacher'.

And I'm not saying that a vegetarian diet is not right for you at this point in life. Whenever you are to develop spiritually your body likely will crave a no-animal diet. But I doubt it would be sustainable for a lifetime (from my experience it will not).

I didn't eat this way because a teacher told me to, or for ethical reasons, it just feels good. 

♾️

1 minute ago, ThePoint said:

Never said you did. Just something I see a lot in my field.

Oooh yea 100 percent I see that too in the diet world. A lot of people get super obsessed with diet to the point where it's unhealthy ironically. 

Apparently every food has toxins in it nowadays....😅

♾️

18 hours ago, ThePoint said:

In this case, knowing something from experience, what better wording would you use?

The wording seems fine, perfectly clear. 

What does doubt as an emotion imply in this case?

A discordant thought, belief, interpretation. 

Not being fully certain of an idea? Possibility of the idea being the other way around (which is already always assumed - creating doubt in a sense)?

On 1/14/2024 at 8:15 AM, ThePoint said:

Whenever you are to develop spiritually your body likely will crave a no-animal diet. But I doubt it would be sustainable for a lifetime (from my experience it will not).

The thought, belief or concept that there is someone spiritually developing or sustaining would naturally feel off if there is in fact not someone spiritually developing or sustaining.

42 minutes ago, Phil said:

The wording seems fine, perfectly clear. 

A discordant thought, belief, interpretation. 

The thought, belief or concept that there is someone spiritually developing or sustaining would naturally feel off if there is in fact not someone spiritually developing or sustaining.

All clear and understood.

And what is the value of this insight referring to a discussion of long-term diet choices?

18 hours ago, Phil said:

@ThePoint

What’s being said can’t be clear and understood if it’s about value. Value is a subjective based belief like I doubt. What’s being said is about alignment, doubt and diet. Craving and the body as well really. But mainly that doubt as an emotion is guidance (for thoughts / aligning of thoughts). 

I never said that 'clearness and understanding' has any connection to value in the sentence. That's some assumption you made, i.e., some belief you made up for yourself.

Returning to my question, I asked what value this insight adds to the discussion about a vegetarian diet. It either a) does not add any at all or b) is a reason to push a random non-dual hot potato no one asked for into a discussion or c) it adds some value I have yet to see, and that's why I asked my original question a few posts ago.