This is a quote from some blog online:

"It is said that soon after his enlightenment the Buddha passed a man on the road who was struck by the Buddha’s extraordinary radiance and peaceful presence. The man stopped and asked,

~~~

My friend, what are you?
Are you a celestial being or a god?

No

said the Buddha

Well, then, are you some kind of magician or wizard?

again the Buddha answered

No

Are you a man?

No

Well, my friend, then what are you?

the Buddha replied

I am awake ".

What did he mean ?

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Consciousness, awareness, happiness. Belief-free, liberation of identity, meaning, purpose, value, worth and anything else that seemed to happen. 

I agree with all these except maybe happiness..the dude is well known for teaching that life is suffering.  Or intrinsically unfulfilling because of the impermanence of all forms . Correct? 

@Someone here

Happiness is unconditionally free, already the case or actuality. Feeling can’t be in a future. Concepts about happiness & someone here such as an I are the conceptualizing & obscuring of happiness. Happiness is that unconditional & free. 

Buddha isn’t an individual’s name. Buddha = Enlightened One. Buddha, or Enlightened One, therein by definition can’t be a dude, a teacher, or knower of life or forms. 

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Someone here

Happiness is unconditionally free, already the case or actuality. Feeling can’t be in a future. Concepts about happiness & someone here such as an I are the conceptualizing & obscuring of happiness. Happiness is that unconditional & free. 

Buddha isn’t an individual’s name. Buddha = Enlightened One. Buddha, or Enlightened One, therein by definition can’t be a dude, a teacher, or knower of life or forms. 

Great 👍. Thanks 

What the Buddha is saying is if you have to ask you will never know. 

You have to trust your insides with spiritual enlightenment.  Nobody can give you the answer.  It's found within only.  You have to stop asking others what is only to be found within.  It's like the elephant in the room that we ignore.  We try to ask others what the elephant is when it's standing right inside us.  Trust yourself.  I'm saying inside but there's a wobble between the inside vs./and outside duality too.  But this is just a pointer in language.  Consulting others about enlightenment has a limit to it.  You have to take ownership of enlightenment for yourself.  Once you stop asking others, that's when you're woke.  You will know and there will be no need to ask.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Someone here

🙏🏼

Enlightenment isn’t anyone or anything changing. It’s simply what’s already the case without concepts. Cessation of concepts, unobscured lens, reality as is, bliss-fullness, perfection and not even. 

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What the Buddha is saying is if you have to ask you will never know. 

You have to trust your insides with spiritual enlightenment.  Nobody can give you the answer.  It's found within only.  You have to stop asking others what is only to be found within.  It's like the elephant in the room that we ignore.  We try to ask others what the elephant is when it's standing right inside us.  Trust yourself.  I'm saying inside but there's a wobble between the inside vs./and outside duality too.  But this is just a pointer in language.  Consulting others about enlightenment has a limit to it.  You have to take ownership of enlightenment for yourself.  Once you stop asking others, that's when you're woke.  You will know and there will be no need to ask.  

Thanks for clarification. 

Joseph's opinion might be valid.  I do not know what he meant..when thought wakes up to itself..it can say “I am awake”. But awake is putting end to thoughts..right ?

I get that This is total freedom,

for me awakening is when the limited recognizes itself as the  unlimited.. or what they say you are not a drop in the ocean ..you are the entire ocean 😍

We gotta keep this in mind: We're just people who talk a lot of shit but we all put our pants on one leg at a time.  The Internet conceals this.  This is the reality check.  You can make videos, create word salads, but at the end of the day you're just another person going through life.  Our fantasies and ideals are great, but they're just that on some level too.  Make sure to wobble the "taking serious vs./and laughing at" duality too.  

I think you are pretty woke actually.  You just need more confidence.  Not fake confidence, but genuine confidence.  That should come at some point for you.  It's going to happen for you I'm pretty sure because you're doing the work consistently.  And your posts are insightful and probing.  I like how you value your own impressions too.  That's key.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 12/24/2023 at 11:02 AM, Someone here said:

This is a quote from some blog online:

"It is said that soon after his enlightenment the Buddha passed a man on the road who was struck by the Buddha’s extraordinary radiance and peaceful presence. The man stopped and asked,

~~~

My friend, what are you?
Are you a celestial being or a god?

No

said the Buddha

Well, then, are you some kind of magician or wizard?

again the Buddha answered

No

Are you a man?

No

Well, my friend, then what are you?

the Buddha replied

I am awake ".

What did he mean ?

Why does it have to mean anything more than the 3 words spoken?  Experience vs interpretation. Adapting to evolving in life vs adopting an idea of how life should evolve socially.

Pick a path.  Balance in time shared by each or control time teaching people to live beyond the moment. Civil vs civic.  Really doesn't matter which reality one chooses, a reality is thinking beyond real time as displaced since conceived to replace one's previous ancestry regardless which generation gap one achieves after birth.

Doesn't change between male or female either as it took both to generate another child/ren of either at birth. Generation gaps are parent child changes to population left alive evolving forward now.  People aren't same ancestors each generation added.

Ideas keep each generation repeating what the last 4 have done historically.  The real dangers to abusing power of suggestion in traditional ideologies practiced since every geographical area in this atmosphere has different environments by longitude and latitude, attitude and platitude of thinking beyond actual time each has simply adapting in space living uniquely here.

Oneness to being part of eternity as alive when eternally changning form for the time each has adapting in space now. 

Edited by solereproduction