Self improvement

Alexander

So many misconceptions. 

1) self Is not an illusion.  You exist . Here you are !

2)nonduality is an ideology. You should actually ditch that .

3) self-improvement is the work to improve your life in all domains .

Also..from reading your posts..you seem to be not ready for advanced spirtual woo-woo. Start with more practical stuff .

Do you have a job ? A girlfriend? Etc?

Edited by Someone here

@Alexander

5 minutes ago, Alexander said:

having experiences of Infinity

Would you mind sharing these ?

6 minutes ago, Alexander said:

improving that "illusory self"

Yourself is NOT illusory, goddammit l 😆 

6 minutes ago, Alexander said:

and improving my life mostly financially.

Great . You should leave all this lofty metaphysical Shtick and focus on having  stable source of income .

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Alexander

Would you mind sharing these ?

Yourself is NOT illusory, goddammit l 😆 

Great . You should leave all this lofty metaphysical Shtick and focus on having  stable source of income .

I already shared them here.

Yeah I am strictly focusing on making money I think that a man has nothing smarter to do then to chase money.I am atleast in mood for that.Even from spiritual angle I am always here and now I can't escape it so what else I am supposed to do.

1 hour ago, Alexander said:

From nonduality perspective there isn't a need for that,right?

From where comes motivation to improve ourselves and our lives if self is just an illusion?

Where does your interest in self realization come from? 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

17 hours ago, Alexander said:

From nonduality perspective there isn't a need for that,right?

“Nondual perspective” would be two. 

17 hours ago, Alexander said:

From where comes motivation to improve ourselves and our lives if self is just an illusion?

The second or separate finite self implied by thought… as / if such thoughts even arise & are believed… is an illusion. 

The “one which isn’t perfection and isn’t improbable”.

The “one which knows this and can help the nonexistent separate self with its improving of itself”. 

It’s like balloons claiming they can fly high enough to finally reach the helium tank. 

There aren’t separate selves already. 

Motive is only an activity of thinking: a “self” of thoughts, and the object of objective reality - a substance, a change, a relationship, an achievement, a peak experience, enlightenment, another awakening, etc - that will make the “self” happy, complete, fulfilled. 

‘Inspiration’ points to what’s already the case and naturally ‘arising’, yet seems to be obscured by “motivation”.