Seeking advice on living situation

Kevin

So I’m looking for some advice because I’m in a tough spot and I don’t know what to do. I moved in with this guy beginning of august. I didn’t know him that well but I thought it would be chill. Turns out it’s not chill at all. He has 2 dogs. One is old and low maintenance so he’s fine but the other one is really young and is a working dog so it has crazy amounts of energy and is incredibly high maintenance. The problem is he is gone at work from 6am-6:30 or even 7 sometimes. During this time he has to lock up the little dog because it tears up the carpet and destroys things otherwise.

I posted about this before but the new development is that o started thinking about moving out because I don’t think I can do this for a year. And then I talked to some friends about it cuz I felt like I was being extreme and all my friends that I talked to reacted a lot worse than I did. One of my friends was saying it’s borderline animal abuse. This made me want to move out even more because I realized maybe I’m not being extreme. Maybe this is just a wack situation.

Partly I thought I was being extreme because I haven’t been feeling good emotionally since I moved in so I thought I was just being overly emotional, but the more I think about it the more I don’t think I should live here anymore.

The problem is I have never broken a lease before and I’m not even sure how that works. I am gonna hopefully get a copy of my lease today so I can look over the agreement. I’m just super confused and I don’t know what to do but I’m not happy here.