Jump to content

Are we living in a simulation?


Recommended Posts

After watching this.. I am pretty convinced ūüė≥ - the universe seems to have a lot of similarities with a very advanced computer simulation‚Ķ a video game..

 


What are your thoughts on this? How do you integrate it with spirituality? Can you do that? 

 

Edited by Rose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rose said:

Can you do that? 

No. That would be impossible. It‚Äôs ‚Äėtrying to bend the spoon‚Äô.

Simulation is conceptual. For one living in conceptual, it sure would seem reality is a simulation. 

But it would only be the conceptualizing which is the veiling, or imprisoning of the mind. 

Reality wouldn’t know what a simulation of reality is. 

YouTube  Website  Sessions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2023 at 5:49 PM, Phil said:

No. That would be impossible. It‚Äôs ‚Äėtrying to bend the spoon‚Äô.

Simulation is conceptual. For one living in conceptual, it sure would seem reality is a simulation. 

But it would only be the conceptualizing which is the veiling, or imprisoning of the mind. 

Reality wouldn’t know what a simulation of reality is. 

I watched your video with the spheres (the first one you did) and it even more seems like a simulation..

 

A universe is simulating an experience, and for the sake of the experience to be a good experience, it forgets that it is doing that (i.e., to have the full experience)

 

How could it not be that we are not in a computer game the universe created for itself to be able to experience being different characters?

 

This is me conceptualizing it though 

Edited by Rose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rose said:

I watched your video with the spheres (the first one you did) and it even more seems like a simulation..

This presumes there’s an it, which is a simulation (noun, thing) of, some other thing. 

 

Simulation:

noun

Limitation of a situation or process.

The action of pretending; deception.

 

This also presumes limitation, a process, action, and pretending / deception. 

 

8 hours ago, Rose said:

A universe is simulating an experience, and for the sake of the experience to be a good experience, it forgets that it is doing that (i.e., to have the full experience)

This presumes there is a universe, experience (which could be good or bad), an it (which forgets), doing (to have some thing which is full), reason, a that, and purpose. 

 

8 hours ago, Rose said:

 

How could it not be that we are not in a computer game the universe created for itself to be able to experience being different characters?

This presumes there is a we, a computer game, a universe, a past, a second self (itself), experience, difference and characters. 

 

8 hours ago, Rose said:

 

This is me conceptualizing it though 

How is that not an assumption?

 

Simulation theory is… theory, philosophical, a thought experiment void of empirical evidence at best. There’s also the aspect of attributing presumed inner processes like dualistic motive / motivation (to have a good experience) essentially anthropomorphizing an idea / concept. 

YouTube  Website  Sessions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By clicking, I agree to the terms of use, rules, guidelines & to hold Actuality of Being LLC, admin, moderators & all forum members harmless.