Are we living in a simulation?

After watching this.. I am pretty convinced 😳 - the universe seems to have a lot of similarities with a very advanced computer simulation… a video game..

What are your thoughts on this? How do you integrate it with spirituality? Can you do that? 

Edited by Rose

5 hours ago, Rose said:

Can you do that? 

No. That would be impossible. It’s ‘trying to bend the spoon’.

Simulation is conceptual. For one living in conceptual, it sure would seem reality is a simulation. 

But it would only be the conceptualizing which is the veiling, or imprisoning of the mind. 

Reality wouldn’t know what a simulation of reality is. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2023 at 5:49 PM, Phil said:

No. That would be impossible. It’s ‘trying to bend the spoon’.

Simulation is conceptual. For one living in conceptual, it sure would seem reality is a simulation. 

But it would only be the conceptualizing which is the veiling, or imprisoning of the mind. 

Reality wouldn’t know what a simulation of reality is. 

I watched your video with the spheres (the first one you did) and it even more seems like a simulation..

A universe is simulating an experience, and for the sake of the experience to be a good experience, it forgets that it is doing that (i.e., to have the full experience)

How could it not be that we are not in a computer game the universe created for itself to be able to experience being different characters?

This is me conceptualizing it though 

Edited by Rose

8 hours ago, Rose said:

I watched your video with the spheres (the first one you did) and it even more seems like a simulation..

This presumes there’s an it, which is a simulation (noun, thing) of, some other thing. 

Simulation:

noun

Limitation of a situation or process.

The action of pretending; deception.

This also presumes limitation, a process, action, and pretending / deception. 

8 hours ago, Rose said:

A universe is simulating an experience, and for the sake of the experience to be a good experience, it forgets that it is doing that (i.e., to have the full experience)

This presumes there is a universe, experience (which could be good or bad), an it (which forgets), doing (to have some thing which is full), reason, a that, and purpose. 

8 hours ago, Rose said:

How could it not be that we are not in a computer game the universe created for itself to be able to experience being different characters?

This presumes there is a we, a computer game, a universe, a past, a second self (itself), experience, difference and characters. 

8 hours ago, Rose said:

This is me conceptualizing it though 

How is that not an assumption?

Simulation theory is… theory, philosophical, a thought experiment void of empirical evidence at best. There’s also the aspect of attributing presumed inner processes like dualistic motive / motivation (to have a good experience) essentially anthropomorphizing an idea / concept.