Why the Quran is so magical and healing?

The Quran is amazing.  I listened to the below version of the Quran several times.  It's one of the greatest spiritual texts ever composed.  It's beautiful too.  It's wonderful to hear it in audio form.  It's a complete spiritual system in one work.  Reminds me of other works like the Tao Te Ching in that way which is also a complete spiritual system in one work.  Studying the Quran was very useful to me in the beginning of my spiritual path.  Everything is in that work.  It's very comprehensive.  It addresses the issues of life both from a human and Divine perspective if one has the eyes and ears to appreciate it.

https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Koran-Audiobook/B0037LZY46

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Orb said:

Is the Quran that cool? I have one over here but got turned off by it.

I find that I resonated with different teachings at different stages of my path.  It depends on you.  It also depends on place and time.  When I got into the Quran I was visiting Istanbul Turkey for 2 weeks and got a thorough insight about how Islam orders Muslim countries in the same way that other language games order other cultures.  Prior to the Quran, the Muslim world was very diversified.  The Quran unified many people in similar ways that Christianity operated in Europe and Judaism operated for many people.   Teachings are watering holes that individuals can gather around and create a social life around.  It's kind of like talking about sports with people -- it's an avenue to connect disparate entities toward a shared relation.

SOURCE
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Islamic_Arabia

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I find that I resonated with different teachings at different stages of my path.  It depends on you.  It also depends on place and time.  When I got into the Quran I was visiting Istanbul Turkey for 2 weeks and got a thorough insight about how Islam orders Muslim countries in the same way that other language games order other cultures.  Prior to the Quran, the Muslim world was very diversified.  The Quran unified many people in similar ways that Christianity operated in Europe and Judaism operated for many people.  

That is fascinating, I think I'll start reading the Quran I got.

♾️