Stress eating/studying eating

The other thing that totally messes up your sense of knowing when you're hungry or not is being a little bit dehydrated. Often the thirst reads as hunger. The more caffeinated beverages you consume the more dehydrated you get because the caffeine uses fluids, and you think you already drank something. Just adding in more water by itself with nothing else can end an overeating cycle. 

Youtube Channel  

13 hours ago, Rose said:

@Phil no, if all of that was not the case I wouldn’t have the craving.

‘Craving’ might be a justification / rationalization, a way of thinking & addressing that was learned, and is now used as a way to overlook what’s really transpiring in terms of feeling & emotion, which is really running the show.

The I that has cravings is the “separate self” of thought (separate of, ‘cravings’). ‘Feeling’ is already unconditional, boundless and self-evident fullness, and for feeling there is an experience of, a phenomena of, hunger. A sensation, and the thought label, ‘hunger’.  There just isn’t a “separate self” that’s hungry (or craving). There might be a loop, of holding those beliefs and essentially ‘feeding’ the separate self, the craver or one who has cravings. 

It might be that those thoughts / beliefs about yourself feel off, and food is essentially used to feel better. Not to imply at all that there is anything ‘wrong’ with that way of thinking, but consider how you feel, without those thoughts. If you ‘do the work’ with those thoughts you might find a significant change to how you experience such that you might even have to occasionally remember to stop and eat somethin because, so to speak, you’re so engaged & interested (not stuck at all). 

The simplest way to ‘do the work’ is to allow the opposites to come to mind and it helps to be literal. 

If the thought ‘I’m stuck’ arises, question it. Stuck in what? Stuck where? Who or what is stuck? It’ll probably get funny rather quickly. 

You could also question… what am I attracting, when I am believing I’m stuck? More stuckness?

Instead allow the thoughts, “I am already free, pure absolute freedom” to come to mind, and see how you feel, how it resonates (rather than considering wether or not it’s true).

‘Lazy’ seems like it would be a pretty easy belief to bust, since, so to speak, you are working full time and going to school. It’s impossible to be hard on your self, if you don’t believe you have one. If you do believe you have one, love it like the sun warms the earth and every living thing on it. Not thoughts of loving which come & go, loving which is prior to the ‘on & off’ of thoughts. Love which is never off, which can never be ‘turned off’, which isn’t a doing at all, but just simply is, and is why some thoughts feel ‘off’ / conditional. Love enough to see that some thoughts just don’t feel good, and love those thoughts, and offer loving thoughts / thoughts that resonate more with love. 

Horrible is kind of easy to ‘bust’ too. It might make it even easier to write something along these lines on a piece of paper, so it’s seen rather than just thought or thought about. When the thought “I feel horrible” arises, notice that it is, a thought. It’s a thought about how you feel, but truly, what’s felt is the thought (not a you which the feeling of is, horrible). If that thought (I feel horrible) feels amazing, warms & lights you up, then it’s a match, and the ultimate truth of the feeling of you is - horrible. But if it doesn’t resonate, see if the dots connect as to how ‘craving’ and food are a sort of overlooking & counteracting of what’s ‘really’ going on with beliefs, discord & alignment. If it seems semantical, notice ‘semantical’ is like ‘craving’, and notice again you’re feeling the thoughts. 

Similarly, “I feel unhealthy”. This is a pretty discordant thought. The thought feels unhealthy to you, the thought isn’t actually about you. The thought is just a thought. The thought is about a “separate self” (not actually about feeling). Feeling is Well Being (not a thing). This would be similar to believing the thought “awareness is a thing”. The overlooking of the magic of awareness, that you are aware, would feel pretty ‘off’. Again, consider if ‘cravings’ is a rationalization of this overlooking of the truth, the awesomeness of you. Another approach to ‘bust up’ the belief would be to write ‘a want’, and ‘neediness’ on a piece of paper and then see which category ‘craving’ goes in. Might be a pinch perplexing at first, but stands to ‘flesh out’ the “thoughts about a separate self” thingy. 

Bored is probably easier to bust, as it’s a thought used to describe a self which can’t be found. Believing this thought leaves a “mystery” as to feeling & emotion. The “solution” to that “mystery” might be eating to feel better. Boredom as an emotion is felt, and as guidance for thoughts, takes the “mystery” of “craving” out of the mix. 

Uninterested is probably the easiest of the beliefs to bust, since that can’t be true because you’re here addressing this and inquiring into it. 

‘Able to be negative’ is a belief that will basically just fall away on it’s own so to speak, as it’s noticed positive & negative are thoughts, and there is how the thoughts feel, to you, which is not and could not possible be, positive & negative, since you are aware of the thoughts - positive & negative. Simple as if you’re aware of the sun, you’re not the sun, you’re what’s aware of the sun. Same for thoughts. 

The INFJ belief is likely a much ‘deeper’ belief as it’s really identity based, and will take time to fizzle out. 

13 hours ago, Rose said:

But I can’t see how I couldn’t have sensory pleasures though? 

The belief is that a you has sensory pleasures. Sensory pleasures is a thought which labels feeling. Feeling points to what you are, not what you have. Honoring, acknowledging, and recognizing emotions is the key to this. Sort of like a bridge connecting thought with feeling, as opposed to believing thoughts which label feeling. 

On 2/17/2023 at 7:30 PM, Phil said:

What if you aren’t stuck, lazy, horrible, unhealthy, bored, uninterested, (able to be) negative, an INFJ, and don’t have sensory pleasures?

Would there still be cravings and something needed to stop you? 

what if there is no need.. what if I'm not stuck or uninterested or any of this..

I'd just be a sunflower then.