Skin Issues

Hi everyone, 

I've been experiencing skin irritations and wounding in the past 2 weeks. I've seen a dermatologist, they think it's Seborrhoeic dermatitis (scalp) and some infection (face and hand). I've been prescribed corticosteroid ointments for local application. 

I have some irritation on my left cheek and towards the chin which has been quite persistent and noticed a small wound on my left hand which exponentially grew in the last couple of days, right above the knuckle on the pointer finger.

Now I'm not sure whether there is a specific reason for the irritation and wounding  to appear on the exact spots, however I have a hunch on the wounding on the hand and I feel like it has to do with "pointing out" things and the wound being above the knuckle, something related to what is "behind" the pointing. 

I've had a realization with my psychoanalyst quite recently that I have an issue with specifying exactly what and who made me feel a certain way and I take the somewhat easier way of generalizing how and what should be done, rather than admitting that I, specifically, felt a certain way, in a certain situation, with a certain somebody. 

Anyways. Any correlation coming to mind?

1 hour ago, Inno said:

Any correlation coming to mind?

Experiencing any thoughts about your individuality (and maybe therein sexuality) being threatened or in jeopardy?

Maybe specific to allowing feminine expression & saying what you want to say in that respect?

Maybe there is some ‘toughening up’, where a softer approach would be more healing?

@Phil Actually yes, quite a bit of insecurity arising regarding both individuality, as in finding my own way in life and being comfortable with who I am, and sexuality as well. My dating life is nonexistent for the past 6 months after a break-up. Last weekend I spent some time with a friend of mine, he was sharing his stories of the recent women he met, and I felt quite inadequate. 

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Maybe specific to allowing feminine expression & saying what you want to say in that respect?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean allowing expression regarding my relationship with women and saying what I want to say in that respect or I'm misunderstanding? 

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Maybe there is some ‘toughening up’, where a softer approach would be more healing?

Physical activity comes to mind. I'm pushing through workouts, trying to stretch harder and it does not feel gentle at all. In general with regards to emotions and understanding myself, there is some sort of pressure as well. Not sure if that's connected though. 

@Mandy My diet is predominantly consisted of meat, fruit (apples, bananas, citrus, kiwis these days), dairy sometimes (yogurt in Bulgaria is quite engrained in our diet; parmesan cheese, white cheese), potatoes, roasted vegetables, bread sometimes. I work in an office and in the afternoon I snack with rice cakes and some vegan protein bar usually. I eat sweet in moderation- chocolate and honey. I'm not at all strict with my diet and I haven't introduced any changes to it recently. But again, I've been struggling with skin issues a lot of years prior to the one mentioned in OP. 
I'm thinking about doing an in-depth blood work to check hormones and food intolerances as well, but that would be in the next few months. 

@InnoYou might want to try cutting out dairy and possibly also gluten and eggs and see what happens.  Are you stressed out right now, more than normal? Often in times of stress some foods have a more negative effects on people than when their lives are more relaxed, so it's not that everyone has a sensitivity to them, but that people can have one that comes and goes. Often we eat worse during times of stress when the opposite is called for. 

Youtube Channel