An inspection / expression worksheet

Blessed2

A worksheet for inspecting / dispelling beliefs.

Could be really helpful to have a worksheet like that for each time you spot a discordant belief... So you could go through it, acknowledge the discord, inspect, and let the light in.

It could just be a bunch of questions to write down your answer to. And to express. Bit like the 'first step'.

Maybe like a copy - paste thing for the expression journal or a thread of it's own. Or a pdf. Or all of the above.

I know there's the Byron Katie one but it doesn't seem to work for every belief.

Also, a self-inquiry worksheet?! For inspecting direct experience.

There must be an effortless way.

On 11/26/2022 at 5:42 PM, Phil said:

@Blessed2

Great idea. Maybe I’ll work on one. Can you share whatever comes to mind that doesn’t work with Byron Katie’s? That’d help  a lot. 

It seems to be mostly about other people.

I'm reading a book about The Work right now and all examples seem to be about how you're angry or something about someone else.

It's not like that for me. I'm angry and despaired about my life, my situations and myself.

And I tried to do the work on that and it just doesn't seem to fit.

There must be an effortless way.

@Blessed2

The ‘turnaround’ aspect comes to mind for thoughts about anything, and more so the emotional scale / the recognition emotion is how the thought feels as compared to what or who the thought is about. But I hear ya. There could definitely be a tool that is more specific. Still ‘givin it some thought’ & thanks again for the suggestion.