hello there,

I felt that I could write here and find peace in my question I bring today. It is about the nature of emptiness in mind. What is it typically like? I wonder if it's similar to listlessness? (such as nothing goes on in the mind) I'm wondering whether I should be concerned or if it's understandable, common ?

When I started meditation, as introvert it relieved anxiety which I had not worked through among people. It silenced somethings of me that I feel should come to surface though.. not to fault meditation.. could be ego which nicely settled where it won't be prodded or bruised because I'm not entirely heard and don't exactly know how to go about it, either. The I-don't-knows were once frustrating to me, as I genuinely wondered if I'll ever know enough what I need to in life, for myself too. 

I think indirect frustration is why I'm writing this post, but if I don't submit these questions I won't know :classic_mellow: .. .

Edited by almond
/any other answe helpful ty

Listlessness refers to a lack of energy or interest. Emptiness of mind is actually quite opposite, and is more passionate, engaged & intuitive as energy is actually unconditional love which is quite interested in & fascinated with creating. Emptiness (of mind) refers to the activity of thought, specifically of ego narration or ‘separate self’ referential thoughts. So emptiness (of mind) is actually fullness of love. Put another way… empty of appearance (thought activity), fullness of ‘substance’ (Self / love). Nothing does goes on in the mind… nothing is no thing, not a thing, or… infinite love, Ourself, appearing as, ‘mind’. 

When experiencing frustration, it is relieving to acknowledge there is some pessimism, such as concerns for the future such as the ego being prodded, bruised and or not heard. Then having acknowledged pessimism - allow boredom, which isn’t exactly exciting, but there are no concerns remaining, so boredom feels slightly better than pessimism. Then from boredom, feel contentment. Take a look around and question, what must change, what must be different, such that I can feel contentment in this moment now, just as it is. Allow each thought of what needs to be changed to be acknowledged, and to come and go. From the ‘place’ of contentment, hopefulness and resonating thoughts, interest for the future, will naturally arise and feel great. Then there will be less activity of thought (what I need) and more pronounced feeling, which is love, or, creator-creating-creation (what I want to experience). 

20 hours ago, Phil said:

When experiencing frustration, it is relieving to acknowledge there is some pessimism, such as concerns for the future such as the ego being prodded, bruised and or not heard. Then having acknowledged pessimism - allow boredom, which isn’t exactly exciting, but there are no concerns remaining, so boredom feels slightly better than pessimism. Then from boredom, feel contentment. Take a look around and question, what must change, what must be different, such that I can feel contentment in this moment now, just as it is. Allow each thought of what needs to be changed to be acknowledged, and to come and go. From the ‘place’ of contentment, hopefulness and resonating thoughts, interest for the future, will naturally arise and feel great. Then there will be less activity of thought (what I need) and more pronounced feeling, which is love, or, creator-creating-creation (what I want to experience). 

Great clarification with listlessness vs. emptiness, thanks!

I wanted to ask how to go from listlessness to emptiness, but I suppose the above quote box already is the answer?