Treating all experience equally

Faith

I read something that Adya had said that went something like this- See if you can treat all experience equally. So that experiencing an emotion is no more significant then experiencing an itch on your foot. Experiencing a thought is also no more significant then hearing a bird. 

What do you think?

Edit: I think the reason this is so difficult is internal preferences. There is a preference to feel good to have good thoughts and when this isn't the case it's hard to stay neutral, but the way around this is acceptance. Acceptance of the ways things are, just as they are, if preferences can't be met.

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

@Faith I read a similar thing in a Jed McKenna book. He said that for "him" all experience was neutral and that there was no difference between birdsong and the scratch on a table top. That quote really resonated with me as it was such an extreme example of what I would normally have thought of as different.

I think that not seeing it as neutral comes down to our bias of viewing things as good, bad or irrelevant in relation to our survival.

You hit the nail on the head there when you talk about acceptance.  There's also the fact that we are constantly reinforcing  the idea of separation through our use of language. I've done it throughout this entire text. It's sooo sneaky 😆