Psychedelics, shrooms, ayahuasca, 5-Meo - dmt, weed, and other drugs…

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Psychedelics are to the self as paint thinner is to paint, dissolving deeper and deeper illusory layers of nonexistent experiences of psychedelics. 

Thanks, that’s quite the experience, the experience of nonexistent psychedelic experiences. I’ve never heard it put like that before. 

But are they really necessary, can the illusory layers be dissolved without ever having to use them?

Yes, would be my answer. So I was just curious as to why people choose to use them when they don’t have to. 

23 minutes ago, Jane said:

Thanks, that’s quite the experience, the experience of nonexistent psychedelic experiences. I’ve never heard it put like that before. 

Nonexistent experiences of psychedelics. Not… an experience of… nonexistent experiences of psychedelics. 

Put another way, psychedelics dissolve illusory self reference(s). No self reference, no experiential reference. Or, no subject, no object. No subjective reference, no objective reference, no objective reference, no subjective reference. No subjective, no objective, and therein… no psychedelics. Put in words, “it just seemed like something happened or was happening”. 

But are they really necessary, can the illusory layers be dissolved without ever having to use them?

Totally. What doesn’t exist can’t truly be said to be necessary for someone there isn’t. That there is them and someone which uses them is illusory. 

In a story time sense, the illusion of there being a separate self and an objective world, subjective and objective experience, was dissolved “in this experience” 😅 😂 simply via meditation and questioning / inspecting. 

Yes, would be my answer. So I was just curious as to why people choose to use them when they don’t have to. 

Also in a story time sense, conditioning is a snowflake situation. Same snow, yet illusion of separate self, which is dispelled, varies. Without illusory aspect, no variation ever actually occurred. As there isn’t a person choosing in the first place, that (self reference, notion or belief) is what is dissolved.

There’s an old saying ostensibly by Alan Watts that is something like, “Once you get the message - hang up the phone”. When One ‘get’s the message’, conditioning automatically begins to empty. In truth this is always the case, but was obscured by… (separate) self references. This emptying can be an intensely (seemingly) emotional experience. So rather than “hanging up the phone”, psychedelics can also be used to reinforce the illusion of a separate self, such as with spiritual ego.

18 hours ago, Phil said:

There’s an old saying ostensibly by Alan Watts that is something like, “Once you get the message - hang up the phone”. When One ‘get’s the message’, conditioning automatically begins to empty. In truth this is always the case, but was obscured by… (separate) self references. This emptying can be an intensely (seemingly) emotional experience. So rather than “hanging up the phone”, psychedelics can also be used to reinforce the illusion of a separate self, such as with spiritual ego.

Very good 👍 

That message could also apply to the practice of meditation. 

In the sense that once the penny has dropped, it is seen that no further self-inquiry is necessary.

Although, other than the practice of bolstering up the so called spiritual ego, mediation can be of great assistance by easing the tension and stress of everyday living as a contracted separate self, albeit illusory. 🤫