How to Stay Calm around my Mom

I've been climbing out of rock bottom and in the process of getting a higher paying job and my mom stresses out about the situation more than I do. 

She has a tendency to make a big deal out of things immediately out of no where. Like shell be chill and joking with me and I'll tell her something about a bill I gotta pay and she's like "WHAAAAAT! ARE YOU TRYING TO GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!!?"

and then of course I said the worst thing ever "relax it's not a big deal" which made it worse lol. 

I just don't worry about stuff as much, I trust that a job is coming and I just had an interview yesterday that went well. 

But it pisses me off that my mom is so reactive and starts bitching at me about stuff. She's really intense, and on top of that she has a loud voice which makes it even more annoying. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

There's a trick public speakers use, they'll carry a paper clip or something like that and when they feel nervous or anxious they'll recognize they're holding it, 'focusing their energy on it' like a lightning rod, you can do this with focusing on your breath, breath out the energy, or pinch your fingers together and imagine the energy leaving out through them like lightning.

Know that this phase will pass.

Edited by Devin

@Devin it will pass.

@Phil I questioned this too shortly after posting, im gonna keep it to myself from now on. She likes to be involved in all aspects of my life kinda. She worries a lot about me. I don't care though, I'm done caring.

Edited by Orb

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

If you’re looking for help from her by all means talk about it. But otherwise why mention it. Of course it’s gonna stress her out. 

I think of you when I see this thingy on my wall here. It’s true. Hang in there bud. Things will get easier. Keep a positive attitude. You’re doing great brother. Feel good about it. 

IMG_1379.thumb.jpeg.e6402a0576a1ddcfd60787bb5c4f4494.jpeg

“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”

Buddha

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

If you’re looking for help from her by all means talk about it. But otherwise why mention it. Of course it’s gonna stress her out. 

I think of you when I see this thingy on my wall here. It’s true. Hang in there bud. Things will get easier. Keep a positive attitude. You’re doing great brother. Feel good about it. 

IMG_1379.thumb.jpeg.e6402a0576a1ddcfd60787bb5c4f4494.jpeg

“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”

Buddha

Thank you for this, once I have my own house I can hang up stuff like this 🙂

I did an initial interview yesterday and it seemed to go well, I sent them a thank you note afterward. If I get this job I'll end up getting the exact salary I wanted a few months ago. I feel like I have it already.