A Good Day at Work!

Orb

As this is the celebration section of the forum, I thought it'd be nice to give myself a lil pat on the back and celebrate having a great day at work. This one day of good work is enough for a celebration!

Lessons I've Learned:

-It feels good to help people and make things easier, making things easier for others means making my own life easier.

-I dont think theres any such thing as truly working for yourself even if youre an entrepreneur, the real joy in all work is to put your energy towards helping others.

-Waiting for a Life Purpose to arise is a waste of time, Life is my Purpose, and paradoxically whatever deep calling I have within me comes more easily when I am already working passionately right now. 

-How we work is who we are in the workplace. Work half-assed and youre a half-assed unreliable employee, work like youre a boss and you are already a leader in whatever company/business youre working in. (Not Boss as in ruling over others or being a superior, but having that deep care for your work, the same way a good boss really cares about the work.)

-It feels good to treat all my coworkers like people and genuinely be nice, not the BS corporate kindness, but really nice (I work for a bank). Appreciation is a win-win, feels good for the giver, and the receiver!

♾️

2 hours ago, Orb said:

Thanks for the love! 

Your welcome! 😊

I can definitely appreciate the positivity in your post and it's good to be able to be nice at work. I'm nice, but I have boundries. If the boundries get trampled...I'm not as nice anymore. 😂

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

7 minutes ago, Orb said:

I think it's fine to set boundaries, it's all about fine tuning communication to always have a little love sprinkled into it.

Thanks Orb's! 😉 💙

@Orb I will say, my direct boss is one of the nicest ppl I think Ive ever met! She makes it all worth it.  I work from home now, so the positive connections mean a lot. 

@Orb Off topic- I think I might name my next cat "Orb". I love calling my cat by a ton of names. There's so many nicknames for Orb there's  Orbs, Orbie, Orbert, Orbit! 🤣

9 minutes ago, Orb said:

Orb does sound nice, its a simple name too

Yeah, I like it!

10 minutes ago, Orb said:

plan on getting cats in the future, I'm gonna name them Adam and Eve 😅.

Haha 😄 Yeah, I love cats. I only have 1 right now, but when I did home health nursing in the field, the patient's cat's would flock to me and lay all over me during the visits. Some started calling me the cat lady or cat whisperer. Lol.

I had a friend who had a dog named Fred and a cat named Wilma (For the Flinstones).