Distinction Between Emotion and Raw Primitive Physiological Responses

Orb

I notice when the word emotion is used here it refers to how thoughts feel. 

But what about when someone breaks your boundaries, disrespect you, tries to kill you, scares you, breaks up with you, etc. 

There are feelings that have nothing to do with thought. 

This is one thing that confuses me with the emotional scale. I use it thinking that I'll  go back to happiness, but fear responses come up without and thought saying "I'm scared, I'm afraid, etc.". 

Like I was using the scale earlier today and was feeling pretty good, then I saw people and this social anxiety came up but there weren't any thoughts arising about it. 

This emotional stuff is like Chinese 😠😤😫

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Subconscious beliefs; "I need a girlfriend, society to accept me, to survive,..."

That's where meditation and Journaling helps process those subconscious beliefs, Journaling about early experiences that bothered you helps, feeling the emotions you felt then processing the event, even something as little as a fellow 1st grader calling you a name.

Thoughts are not just verbal thoughts, verbal thoughts are just thoughts translated into verbiage, think of what a blind and deaf person would have for a thought.

Edited by Devin

2 hours ago, Orb said:

I notice when the word emotion is used here it refers to how thoughts feel. 

But what about when someone breaks your boundaries, disrespect you, tries to kill you, scares you, breaks up with you, etc. 

Are those happening? 

2 hours ago, Orb said:

There are feelings that have nothing to do with thought. 

Feelings is a thought. A concept about feeling. A conceptualization of feeling. A belief. 

2 hours ago, Orb said:

This is one thing that confuses me with the emotional scale. I use it thinking that I'll  go back to happiness, but fear responses come up without and thought saying "I'm scared, I'm afraid, etc.". 

HOW TO USE THE SCALE

Choose the emotion on the scale which is experienced.

Express simply & earnestly that the emotion is experienced.

Then do the same with the next higher emotion on the scale.

Express each emotion without skipping over any, to the top of the scale.

Feel for the subtle shift of feeling better with the expression of each emotion.

Emotion is guidance… to the experiencing of… what is wanted.
Expression of emotions experienced is not ‘about myself’.
It’s just about the expressing.
Keep it simple.
🤍

The suggestions for using the scale are simple. The confusion arises from the adding. 

2 hours ago, Orb said:

Like I was using the scale earlier today and was feeling pretty good, then I saw people and this social anxiety came up but there weren't any thoughts arising about it. 

This emotional stuff is like Chinese 😠😤😫

Social anxiety is a concept.