Getting a paid version of Bumble

Is it worth it to get the paid version of bumble? I was thinking of getting the unlimited subscription for 280$

The reason why I want to get it is so that I can set travel mode (to be able to match with people from other cities) and filter on languages/religion/education etc., so that I could get my perfect match.

Is it stupid to look for special someone outside of your city though? The reason why I want to look outside of my city is because I want to find someone from my culture (or Eastern European generally) and I think there’s not too many people like that in my city. Note, if I really found someone I could be in a long term relationship with or potentially marry, I would move to another city to be with them, however, I do know it’s not easy and I am worried it might have a lot of risk.

Is it bad not to be attracted to people who are outside your culture? I find it’s so much easier to relate to Eastern European people - not most of course, but the best relationships I’ve had where I felt good connection and understanding was with people from my culture. Also I find that Northern European/Western European men all look alike to me.. at least on dating apps.. it’s all Johns/Mikes/Matthews and they all have the same beard/hairstyles/types of pictures.. I don’t know why I find them very boring and uninteresting.. why is that? 

Edited by Rose

What’s ‘my perfect match’ mean? What would that look like? Do you know or is it an ideal which somehow became an expectation perfection can be found outside yourself?

How do you know it’s not easy? Is that based on what you are and aren’t doing, or on what you’re attracting? 

How do you know you’re worried, vs you’re experiencing doubt?

On 5/7/2023 at 1:14 PM, Rose said:

Is it bad not to be attracted to people who are outside your culture?

In concession really, it’s preference. No judgement needed. 

the best relationships I’ve had where I felt good connection and understanding was with people from my culture

That might be more about conditioning… being understood, right, and therein good… than it is culture. Did the ending of previous relationships have to do with not being understood? Where you understood as a child / in childhood?

I don’t know why I find them very boring and uninteresting.. why is that? 

Reluctance to acknowledge pessimism is projected as judgement. Skipping over the emotions felt and instead believing the judgement is actually true. The Good news is it isn’t. Maybe there’s some objectification & reduction going on… seeing people as a means of being understood, as compared to experiencing your creation with…?