Trauma Release Exercises

Celestial

I just found out about TRE, it seems very promising for anyone who's experienced any sort of trauma which I think is everyone.

TRE® or Trauma and Tension Release Exercises, is a somatic body based practice for people suffering with stress, anxiety, trauma or PTSD. It doesn’t require talking about an event, feeling or issue, therefore it overcomes the language barriers that can bring up added stress. TRE® includes a series of easy stretches using the muscles of the lower body and builds up a little shaking in the legs. Once the body is shaking, you lie on the floor, and encourage these natural vibrations to move through the body, without trying to control them. Most people enjoy the sensation of shaking; for some, they report a physical or emotional release, without becoming overwhelmed by the process.

The TRE® mechanism, or shaking ability, exists in all mammals and humans. It is the body’s most natural and organic way of unravelling contracted or tight stress patterns, as well as reducing the charge of stress hormones and unhealthy chemical build up, bringing the body back into it’s natural balance and a stable condition.

More info at: https://osteopathyforall.co.uk/toolkits/mindbody-toolkit/trauma-release-exercises/#:~:text=TRE® or Trauma and,can bring up added stress.

Exercise instructions: