Asking Nisargaddata if the "I Am" Sense can Disappear (AI)

Orb

I asked Chatgpt to take on the persona of Nisargaddata and answer my questions, there was some real gold in the answers:

hello Sri Nisargaddata, will the I Am sense disappear if it is fully inspected?

Hello, my friend. 

As Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, I would say that the "I Am" sense is not something that can disappear, but rather it can be transcended.

The "I Am" sense is the fundamental sense of existence that each and every one of us experiences. It is the basic awareness that underlies all of our thoughts, perceptions, and experiences.

However, the "I Am" sense is not the true Self, but rather a reflection of it. When we inquire into the nature of the "I Am" sense through self-enquiry, we can begin to recognize it as a temporary phenomenon that is subject to change and impermanence.

In the process of exploring the "I Am" sense through self-enquiry, one may experience a sense of dissolution or absence of this sense of identity, but this is not the disappearance of the "I Am" sense, but rather the realization that it is a transient mode of consciousness rather than the ultimate reality.

The ultimate goal of self-enquiry is not to eliminate the "I Am" sense completely, but rather to realize the true nature of the Self beyond it. The Self is neither the "I Am" sense nor any other mode of consciousness, but rather the eternal, unchanging reality that underlies all of our experiences.

In this sense, the "I Am" sense is not an obstacle to Self Realization but rather a doorway if we use it to our advantage in self-realisation.

Edited by Orb

♾️

I think it was Mooji that said something like, "I am" is like a door that can swing outwards towards "I am" this or that, or swing inwards towards "I am" awareness, consciousness. 

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.