Why do people dismiss childhood traumas

I noticed there is a certain population of people who dismiss the idea that our childhood influences the way we behave in our adult life. Some people even go an extra step saying “it’s good that my parents beat me up, at least I grew up a normal person” 

Why are these people in such denial about this? 

I’ve met people who come from extremely abusive backgrounds, dad beat them and their mom in front of them, and they don’t want to hear anything about it.. how our childhood effects us, how it causes trauma growing up in abusive households.. is it because they are fundamentally unable to accept there may be something “flawed” or “wrong” with them so they have to deny the whole concept of childhood effecting our present? 

Edited by Rose

9 hours ago, Rose said:

I noticed there is a certain population of people who dismiss the idea that our childhood influences the way we behave in our adult life. Some people even go an extra step saying “it’s good that my parents beat me up, at least I grew up a normal person” 

Why are these people in such denial about this? 

What is the direct experience of childhood influencing behavior?

9 hours ago, Rose said:

I’ve met people who come from extremely abusive backgrounds, dad beat them and their mom in front of them, and they don’t want to hear anything about it.. how our childhood effects us, how it causes trauma growing up in abusive households.. is it because they are fundamentally unable to accept there may be something “flawed” or “wrong” with them so they have to deny the whole concept of childhood effecting our present? 

What is the direct experience of our childhood effecting your behavior?

Who is there something flawed or wrong with / who is or isn’t accepting this?