Discipline By Force

Posted (edited)

How To Force My Fucking Self To Study By Force And Not Procrastinate Bec I Have An Exam In A Few Days?

I Am Looking For The Most Extreme Ways To Force Myself To Study.

How Do I Force Myself To Do Anything Not Just Study?

Edited by Isagi Yoichi

:IMG_0991:

@Isagi Yoichi

Obviously in that context you’d have to find or hire someone to force you. Or maybe join the military to receive the militant approach. 

Or of course, a different context. 

Maybe this is more related to that, what you mentioned about your dad, than studying. 

Maybe that’s why when Phil asks for proper grammar, the pendulum swings to the far other side, overusing capitols. Some transference is experienced perhaps. Onto studying as well. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Or maybe join the military to receive the militant approach. 

Bro WTF I Will Die There

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Maybe that’s why when Phil asks for proper grammar, the pendulum swings to the far other side, overusing capitols. Some transference is experienced perhaps. 

You Dont Like Capitals With Every Word

@Isagi Yoichi

Since you are yourself, maybe the concept of you forcing your self is obscuring, getting in the way?

And maybe the enjoyable way involves ‘getting out of your own way’…?

Make any sense?

It could be that there is an underlying limiting belief that you can’t / aren’t able to, and maybe guidance is felt such as powerlessness, unworthiness…?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

It could be that there is an underlying limiting belief that you can’t / aren’t able to, and maybe guidance is felt such as powerlessness, unworthiness…?

Yeah I think there is an underlying belief that I don't deserve to succeed in the exam 

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

Just use the pomodoro technique or some variation. Pick an amount of time that seems reasonable, 15-30 minutes, set a timer, study that long, then set the timer for 5-10 minute break. Repeat. 

Pomodoro Technique is the most useless shit crap ever invented its absolute shit

@Isagi Yoichi Well, that's a projection on the attitude it's viewed with because that isn't everyone's expereince. 

I was on a train the other day and someone scratched into the glass window by my seat. "Fuck this shit (unintelligible) fuck this sucks." I'm still not sure what shit they are talking about, since it's a window and the train is always moving. 🤷‍♀️ Utterly stumped. Seems like the judgement is about something other than the attitude it's made with, the lens that is on. How fitting to etch a statement into a clear glass window. 

Youtube Channel