is leo delusional, or is it buddhism?

nuwu

On 10/16/2022 at 2:06 AM, nuwu said:

content in question:

- infinity of gods

- mouse-leo

- leo's posting style which seems less inclusive to traditional buddhism, reinforcing the observation his views are incompatible

Anything that you experience including “you” and “your experience “ is a delusion. Enlightenment is out of charts. It is not knowing, including the word of not knowing. Anything that learned is comes from  so called ego. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

to be clear, i'm not arguing against buddhism or leo. both are supported by strong arguments and both make lots of sense. i only scrutinize what i find confusing. personally, i will still explore all spiritual practices. a more loving existence is all we need.

in summary, one side says "everything is a state" and another says "everything has a sense of self". i think leo believes states without ego he has been aware of invalidates the latter view, or something, which is why he would lately distance himself from advaita. it doesn't mean he necessarily believes advaita is false, but he might find it incomplete. i have not been aware of such states, nor i have any idea how he actually views spirituality or experiences it. it's mostly intellectual contemplation.

1 hour ago, nuwu said:

n summary, one side says "everything is a state" and another says "everything has a sense of self". i think leo believes states without ego he has been aware of invalidates the latter view, or something, which is why he would lately distance himself from advaita. it doesn't mean he necessarily believes advaita is false, but he might find it incomplete. i have not been aware of such states, nor i have any idea how he actually views spirituality or experiences it. it's mostly intellectual contemplation

Knowing is the biggest illusion. Language is learned by so called human, it is created. Any so called creation, knowledge and understanding has nothing to do with Truth. Truth is out of chart. Forget everything you know including neo advaita. Whatever left is what the truth is.

43 minutes ago, Devin said:

o then why's it called truth😜

Just teasing, sort of

Lol. Imo it is absolutely true. Or explanation or impilaction of the word of "truth" is more close to it, bu not even lol 😂

43 minutes ago, Devin said:

Whatever is left is all you actually know

Yep. That's it. But actually there is no you or I there 😂😂😂

Edited by James123

10 minutes ago, Devin said:
40 minutes ago, James123 said:

😂😂😂

You sure? I think everything's there.

What is everything, you or I? 

10 minutes ago, Devin said:

That's why I don't like the word truth for it, it implies everything else is false, but in actuality, it's more like the opposite.

Now is before birth. Rest is an amazing illusion. 

20 hours ago, Devin said:

There is more than just cessation of thought though, that's why I agree with Leo on Buddhism, although his tact is distasteful it may be the most honest and effective way to unBuddha people

The word ‘Buddha’ is Sanskrit and means, ‘enlightened one.’

“I agree with someone else about there not being separate selves… although his tact is distasteful it may be the most honest effective way to un-enlightened one people”. 

You can throw reason and common sense out the window to be in agreement, but you don’t have to.

20 hours ago, Devin said:

There is more

There isn't "more" of anything.

This is Actualized.org dogma.

Actualized has nothing to do with everyday life - nonduality has everything to do with everyday life.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

It's the "problem" of desire again, when you think you know what you want, you don't really know what you really want. Buddhism doesn't teach that you need to "burn through your karma", it looks back at desire itself and sits with it. 

If some religion told you that you need to be self sacrificing and only have compassion for others, you might resist because you care for yourself. But what if there is no self and giving up your cares for it, is the only thing you really, really want? 

What if it only seems like you have to burn through karma or "make it happen" because long ago you cut yourself off and limited yourself from wanting all the things that are possible because in your belief in being a finite separate self you believed that your true desires were not possible? What if what looks unappealing and limiting is actually just a key to unlock a door? 

Youtube Channel  

On 10/15/2022 at 7:06 PM, nuwu said:

seemingly incompatible experiences (non-duality + duality?),

Nonduality is not two, nonduality and duality would be two. With duality meaning two, nonduality and duality would actually imply three. Similarly, nonduality and experience would be two, and nonduality and experiences would imply three. 

what does it mean to "do nothing"?

Applying meaning would be a doing. 

if one is meditating, isnt she already imagining herself not taking psychedelics?

That would be attention on the activity of thought, not meditation per se. The self imagined is illusory. 

why is such delay required, if bodily functions are illusions?

Bodily functions are apparent. The delay is illusory. 

so what is the difference between meditation and some ever lasting trips?

‘Ever lasting trips’ is the activity of thought, the ‘ten thousand things’. 

buddha claims ego's attachments are the source of suffering, but why would such attachments matter when they are themselves imaginary?

Ego is attachment, not an entity which has or experiences attachment. 

is the only one that is provably actual? were you ever aware of a state where meditation doesn't work?

With respect to nonduality what’s actual isn’t provable.  Proof & states are the activity of thought. 

shouldnt the absolute be transcendental to states and degree of awareness?

‘It’ is, and can also believe self referential thoughts which ‘it’s’ appearing as, that it isn’t. (States and degrees). But first there must be ego, the illusion of ignorance, the believing one is a separate self; the knower which knows of states and degrees. Aka purporting. 

how do we know what it takes to reach the absolute?

“Reaching ‘it’ “ is a misnomer or if you will, misleading. Nonduality is already the case, and the absolute is veiled or obscured only by it’s own activity of thought. Thus meditation is an unveiling, via the allowing of the cessation of the activity of thought, and hence the ‘washing out’ of all beliefs, typically an emotionally laden apparent process. For glimpses there are psychedelics, but I suspect you’re beginning to see the shortcoming of glimpses with respect to spiritual ego or identifying with what is illusory - the separate self which knows states, degrees, levels, etc. 

if everything is a single self-loving entity, why would rejection of anything be ever necessary to obtain truth?

Rejection isn’t necessary. Meditation is not a rejection of thoughts, it’s just deep relaxation and allowing thought to come to rest. Negation can seem to be helpful and is very often mistaken for rejection, while rejection is the denial of thought attachment, and therein mistaken identity, self deception, misinformation, misleadership, manipulation, etc, etc. 

49 minutes ago, Devin said:

But what they teach as the end goal "awakening", which in Buddhism is cessation of thought, should not be the end goal. Realize what is thought, but also realize believing thoughts are bad(need for cessation) is a thought. Thoughts are not bad.

This was already explained in this thread and is circular ’thinking’. Infinity isn’t an idea, “it’s” This. Therein is thought attachment, and again a finger pointing to meditation.  Not sure where this ‘thought is bad’ comes from. Of course bad is just a thought. 

Thought is Feeling disassociated into seeming ‘parts’, the cessation of thought is Freedom, chasing after deeper states, deeper awakening, deeper anything, is the illusion, what is really ‘needed’ is just FEELING deeper into the body, which is what seems to happen when one lets thought activity go, rather then getting caught in its cycle. Let it be there, inspect it, the illusion is the content, the real is the Feel. 

There isn’t even an ‘end goal’ it is literally just how you naturally are. 

To me it seems Leo has been rejecting the Body for a long time, coming up with terms like ‘Infinite Mind’ , basically not wanting to settle and feel, so instead just goes on a spiritual journey where one can always find ‘more’ and be ‘better’. ‘Greater then Buddha, greater then Jesus’ good lord, ask yourself, really ask yourself, “Does Love believe or feel it is better then anything or worse then anything?” 

There isn’t a teaching, the Teacher is Feeling. 

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

20 minutes ago, Devin said:

Therefore there is always "more". You all are looking at an "end", a concept.

This is of the heart of why Actualized felt so off and why I left, and why everyone will eventually leave it behind.

There is no "more", nor is there "endgame". These are thoughts, the illusion. Both feel off. Because both convey as if there is world, things, importance, meaning, purpose, value.

Nothing, cessation, is the only liberation.

This is not to say that nothing/cessation is an "end". It is that there is no end, or more.

9 minutes ago, Devin said:

come with me, and you'll see, a world full of pure imagination....

Why do I need to come with you when I hear it's all pure imagination anyway?

Edited by Blessed2

@Devin 

Was more like pointing the ego tripping.

1 hour ago, Devin said:

You think you're awake because you know you have it? No, that's a thought as well

No, I am not thinking I am awake. This seems like projection.

Edited by Blessed2