How I feel-the suppressed expressed

Someone here

I feel extraordinary happy these days . Probably it has to do with the expression and loss of anxiety these days . I stopped taking the med . And I expected to feel shitty .but I felt normal and balanced. 

I'm confident to say that I'm finally "happy " after continuing months of misery and pain 

Happiness  arises  naturally when we are in the moment. There is no need for a reason. Look at a child and you can see the happiness that is just there. We destroy the natural joy in us when our thinking is drawn into the past or future again and again - because we create a dream state and loose the connection with reality here and now. Not only that, but we also tend to be drawn to negative events that happened in the past or we are afraid of what might happen (again).

So happiness is a state where you feel free. You are not carrying a burden. Its no effort. It doesnt need a reason. If happiness is rooted in a reason, it wont last long will it? Either the reason goes away and you loose the happiness, or fear creaps in and you loose your happiness.

When there is craving and desires, you feel a lack. When the desire is fulfilled, it just means that the desire is no more - and thats why you feel happy. You feel happy because you are free from the desire - not because the desire is fulfilled.

May all beings be happy and blissful. May all beings discover their true nature.

🙏

@Phil

I wanna ask you something..are you unconditionally happy?  Or does your happiness stem  from achieve a to-do list or manifesting what's on your dreamboard?

Also ,what's is your experience with fear?  Because I got that insight that the opposite of happiness is fear..not sadness. 

When there is no fear, happiness reveals itself. Fear arises through comparison, we are constantly comparing, measuring, planning, trying to manipulate our future.

Can you see this?

Most of us cannot give up fear, why? Because of our lack of understanding of it. If we Understand fear completely, intimately and we will have total freedom from fear psychologically, then the biological fears take on a completely different meaning. See if there is really any fear other than the word “fear”,  I tried to separate that word from reality and see if the word is completely separate from the actual feeling. See if it is our obsession with that word that creates mischief?

It is really up to me, and no one else, i can choose fear or not fear. When you choose not to be afraid anymore, it is the same as choosing happiness.

14 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Phil

I wanna ask you something..are you unconditionally happy?  Or does your happiness stem  from achieve a to-do list or manifesting what's on your dreamboard?

Happiness is the true nature. 

14 hours ago, Someone here said:

Also ,what's is your experience with fear?  Because I got that insight that the opposite of happiness is fear..not sadness. 

When there is no fear, happiness reveals itself. Fear arises through comparison, we are constantly comparing, measuring, planning, trying to manipulate our future.

Can you see this?

Most of us cannot give up fear, why? Because of our lack of understanding of it. If we Understand fear completely, intimately and we will have total freedom from fear psychologically, then the biological fears take on a completely different meaning. See if there is really any fear other than the word “fear”,  I tried to separate that word from reality and see if the word is completely separate from the actual feeling. See if it is our obsession with that word that creates mischief?

It is really up to me, and no one else, i can choose fear or not fear. When you choose not to be afraid anymore, it is the same as choosing happiness.

Fear’s an emotion. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Happiness is the true nature. 

I agree.  I certainly need to awaken to this.  You talking about the infinite sea of love that you will melt into when you awaken to yourself as God is really motivating.  I'm putting more focus this years and the next on my awakening work.

I asked before Some people think that happiness is derived from material factors such as health, diet, and wealth. But if it is so, then why do we hear perfectly fit celebrities and wealthy businessmen committing suicide? Because money does bring happiness, but up to a certain point beyond which it has no significance. If you are a fortune 500 CEO, a lottery  of $1,000,000 will not amount to much increase in your happiness. 
The reason I asked you this question is because there seem to be a conflict between  making a dreamboard and achieving everything that we desire in hope that that's whats gonna lead to happiness  and not by going inward and find inner peace.
Because the classical  spiritual teachings in almost all spiritual traditions is Realizing that happiness is totally an inside job (so to speak) and happiness does not depend on anything outside yourself. You need to cease creating miseries and unhappiness for yourself (also an inside job) and find the spring of causeless happiness within.

But the first step to true happiness is realizing it is an internal thing (within you) and not an external thing (outside and around you). Otherwise, you are always looking in the wrong places for it (i.e. in the world and not within yourself.

Edited by Someone here

Conscious creating is the present, now, the moment only. 

Conscious creating is the present, the gift, the joy of life. 

If it is thought & believed “I certainly need to awaken to this”, that is the experience created. The experience of separation, lack & need (suffering, discord).

Likewise the thought arises “I'm putting more focus this year and the next on my awakening work.” This creates an experience of separation, via believing there is a separate self which awakens in a future. 

Conscious creating is the present, the gift, the joy of life. 

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I asked before Some people think that happiness is derived from material factors such as health, diet, and wealth. But if it is so, then why do we hear perfectly fit celebrities and wealthy businessmen committing suicide? Because money does bring happiness, but up to a certain point beyond which it has no significance. If you are a fortune 500 CEO, a lottery  of $1,000,000 will not amount to much increase in your happiness. 

What is infinite can not be increased, or separated. 

The reason I asked you this question is because there seem to be a conflict between  making a dreamboard and achieving everything that we desire in hope that that's whats gonna lead to happiness  and not by going inward and find inner peace.

If I say the light is experienced as coming from the sun, and you say no it is emanating from the moon, there is no conflict in regard to what was said, or where the light is coming from. 

55 minutes ago, Phil said:

If it is thought & believed “I certainly need to awaken to this”, that is the experience created. The experience of separation, lack & need (suffering, discord).

Likewise the thought arises “I'm putting more focus this year and the next on my awakening work.” This creates an experience of separation, via believing there is a separate self which awakens in a future. 

Hehe. let's not kid ourselves (myself)..I'm definitely NOT awake ..if I was awake I would be loving every single moment and every single thing in reality .and I will be drowning in infinite happiness forever.  I don't know if these are false expectations and that's not what awakening is about.  Therefore I ask you to clarify what's your version of awakening.  You say the separate self which works hard trying to wake up doesn't even exist and is the very obstacle that prevents awakening which is our natural state . I guess I have no problem with this part.

.. Let me ask you one about one more thing, “is there any other option beside living in the present? ”

The past is already gone, cease to exist!

The future is not exist yet!

So, let me ask you again.. is there any other option beside living in the present?

This thing i need to understand first, this is very important.. i need to have awareness about “you only can live your life in the present moment”.

If i have that awareness.. my question will not be “what is the meaning of living in the present”, but  will ask “why and how I'm  not living in the present? ”.

And I guess The most effective way to get an answer about “why and how you are not living in the present” is by doing mindfulness..

57 minutes ago, Phil said:

Conscious creating is the present, the gift, the joy of life

But I find that my mind is obsessed by the future.. Take an action based on something that is doesn't exist yet..

I'm confused about .. “but to work i need to think about future.. ”, “but we need to learn from the past mistake”, and many other trivial things.. Because everything that you do, now you will aware of it.. Every single action, is a response and not reaction.. When you think about future, it is only your mind that trying to predict.. You wont act like the future is a reality, you only see it as a probability.

58 minutes ago, Phil said:

If I say the light is experienced as coming from the sun, and you say no it is emanating from the moon, there is no conflict in regard to what was said, or where the light is coming from .

So we should establish our unconditional happiness first before going after experiences and dopamine highes that we believe will bring happiness?  Or both lead to happiness but in different kinds?  Idk not sure I understand what you're saying here .

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

Hehe. let's not kid ourselves (myself)..I'm definitely NOT awake ..if I was awake I would be loving every single moment and every single thing in reality .and I will be drowning in infinite happiness forever.  I don't know if these are false expectations and that's not what awakening is about.  Therefore I ask you to clarify what's your version of awakening.  You say the separate self which works hard trying to wake up doesn't even exist and is the very obstacle that prevents awakening which is our natural state . I guess I have no problem with this part.

There isn’t a separate self which ‘works hard’, is or could be awake or asleep. The body which it seems is sometimes awake and sometimes asleep, is nondual wakefulness. The “I” of the thought “I’m not awake” doesn’t exist, and is a thought about a self which doesn’t actually exist. The thought appears. Meditation, allowing the activity of such thoughts to settle is the way. 

It is precisely because you are nondual wakefulness, which is unconditional love, that you do love all experience. This is why some thoughts (that you don’t) feel discordant. 

There aren’t ‘versions’ of awakening. That would always be, thoughts. 

Beliefs about some people being awake and to different degrees, levels, is the obstacle. 

Beliefs are thoughts, and therein there is no obstacle. 

.. Let me ask you one about one more thing, “is there any other option beside living in the present? ”

The past is already gone, cease to exist!

The future is not exist yet!

So, let me ask you again.. is there any other option beside living in the present?

All thoughts about a past which happened, a now, and a future which is coming or will happen are thoughts. In perception & sensation this is perfectly clear, as a past, now, or future are never seen, heard or felt. 

This thing i need to understand first, this is very important.. i need to have awareness about “you only can live your life in the present moment”.

If i have that awareness.. my question will not be “what is the meaning of living in the present”, but  will ask “why and how I'm  not living in the present? ”.

And I guess The most effective way to get an answer about “why and how you are not living in the present” is by doing mindfulness..

The one who needs to understand, who something is very important for, is only thoughts. There isn’t ‘the one who’ needs awareness. Awareness is already aware of these thoughts about a separate self who needs awareness. 

But I find that my mind is obsessed by the future.. Take an action based on something that is doesn't exist yet..

The obsession with thoughts about a future. Aversion from feeling fuels obsession. 

I'm confused about .. “but to work i need to think about future.. ”, “but we need to learn from the past mistake”, and many other trivial things.. Because everything that you do, now you will aware of it.. Every single action, is a response and not reaction.. When you think about future, it is only your mind that trying to predict.. You wont act like the future is a reality, you only see it as a probability.

Thinker, or that there is a thinker, is a thought. 

Your mind, my mind, these are also thoughts. 

Check direct experience, perception & sensation. 

So we should establish our unconditional happiness first before going after experiences and dopamine highes that we believe will bring happiness? 

Unconditional happiness isn’t a thing which is ours, mine or yours. Those are conditions. 

That unconditional happiness could be brought or come from somewhere or be in a future are also conditions.

Or both lead to happiness but in different kinds?  Idk not sure I understand what you're saying here .

That any thing could lead to happiness is the thought happiness is a thing somewhere or in a future. 

17 hours ago, Phil said:

It is precisely  because you are nondual wakefulness, which is unconditional love, that you do love all experience. This is why some thoughts (that you don’t) feel discordant. 

Could you elaborate here a bit ? I really want to understand this point . My whole awakening to unconditional love and causeless happiness hinges on this point ..I can't understand how I'm already loving all experience. It certainly seem like there is some experiences that I like and some that I don't like. 

I can't point to it . But it's consciousness/awareness is the best answer I can give .

can’t point to it. 

Best answer can give.

Where is that one? 

12 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Sorry if I'm bothering you lately with my endless questions.  I just am hungry for awakening to my true nature as unconditional love.  It must be the sole goal of my entire life . Everything else could wait in the back burner.

You couldn’t bother me if you made it your new life purpose. 

I’m bothering.

just am hungry. 

My true nature. 

My entire life. 

Where is that one? 

consciousness/awareness

Infinite consciousness/awareness. Infinite means no-finite, like information means no-form, like nondual means no-two. 

@Phil I don't know what "I" am. I don't know anything really if I'm being honest enough . All that's apparent is that "something seems to be happening " as how Jim Newman puts it . Beyond that i know jack shit. 

to guide this conversation back to my original question..how is it that all of reality is inherently good and loving when the existence of pain,suffering, and unwanted things happen to us inevitablely throughout the course of our lives ?  I know you will call these to be thoughts.  But I'm not sure if you ever had a bad day before where stuff just doesn't fucking work out 😅

57 minutes ago, Someone here said:

to guide this conversation back to my original question..how is it that all of reality is inherently good and loving when the existence of pain,suffering, and unwanted things happen to us inevitablely throughout the course of our lives ? 

Nonduality; not two.

Just because the thoughts which arise are believed:

My original question. 

Reality is…

There is the existence of…

Happen to us.

Inevitably.

Our lives.

Doesn’t make any of the thoughts true.  

I know you will call these to be thoughts.  But I'm not sure if you ever had a bad day before where stuff just doesn't fucking work out 😅

Honesty. Integrity. Clarity. Sincerity. Maturity. Compassion. Right view. Right understanding. Right speech. 

I will say these are thoughts because these are thoughts. 

know…

I’m not sure…

Stuff…

Where is that one? 

What is that ‘stuff’?

If you ever had….

Where is, what is, that you?

@Phil I don't know what "I" am. I don't know anything really if I'm being honest enough . All that's apparent is that "something seems to be happening " as how Jim Newman puts it . Beyond that i know jack shit. 

“Jim Newman” is not a person, not a separate entity. “Jim Newman” is: Honesty. Integrity. Clarity. Sincerity. Maturity. Compassion. Right view. Right understanding. Right speech. Not ego-centric. 

So to speak… notice the ego, spiritual ego, deflection, projection, immaturity, inflated self image, arrogance, ignorance, self-manipulation, deception, apparent absence of self-respect - the sheer mental gymnastics involved…  in upholding claims against “Jim Newman”, simply not to hear what’s said.

That he is a “Neo Advaita teacher”. As if there are not two; with the exception of  “this Neo Advaita teacher”.

Simply no longer ignore the discord, and therein begin to actually understand, to see for the first time. 

Notice the believing you are a separate self, in the believing he is a _____________. 

When you experience this and feel the discord, understand why - and for God’s sake - change the channel already. Garbage in, garbage out. 

Again so to speak, the only difference between ‘your’ path and ‘my’ path, is meditation and the absence of misinformation & mis-leadership. (“Garbage”). 

Simply see the truth for what it is, that the absence of is ample. No supplement is needed. 

What’s known or believed to be needed to be known is the prison, the matrix, the perpetuation of the separate self, “the knower”, “the understander”, “the teacher” - the perpetuation of seeking (suffering). 

Not knowing, no thing to know - is freedom. 

Reality is pure, spontaneous, absolutely free & without condition. 

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

Jim Newman” is not a person, not a separate entity. “Jim Newman” is: Honesty. Integrity. Clarity. Sincerity. Maturity. Compassion. Right view. Right understanding. Right speech. Not ego-centric. 

So to speak… notice the ego, spiritual ego, deflection, projection, immaturity, inflated self image, arrogance, ignorance, self-manipulation, deception, apparent absence of self-respect - the sheer mental gymnastics involved…  in upholding claims against “Jim Newman”, simply not to hear what’s said.

That he is a “Neo Advaita teacher”. As if there are not two; with the exception of  “this Neo Advaita teacher”.

Simply no longer ignore the discord, and therein begin to actually understand, to see for the first time. 

Notice the believing you are a separate self, in the believing he is a _____________. 

When you experience this and feel the discord, understand why - and for God’s sake - change the channel already. Garbage in, garbage out. 

Again so to speak, the only difference between ‘your’ path and ‘my’ path, is meditation and the absence of misinformation & mis-leadership. (“Garbage”). 

Simply see the truth for what it is, that the absence of is ample. No supplement is needed. 

Wow ! Relax dude ..I was actually agreeing with him not ridiculing his jargon.  I listen to him everyday as I fall asleep. I resonate with his non-teaching and non-message . It contains some truth .

Of courJim would never say that. He avoids using the word ‘truth.’
But his liberation is full and real.
Of course Jim would never say that. He would remind “This is nothing speaking to nothing. There’s no Jim Newman here. There’s only Being. Nothing’s happening. This is it!

26 minutes ago, Phil said:

What’s known or believed to be needed to be known is the prison, the matrix, the perpetuation of the separate self, “the knower”, “the understander”, “the teacher” - the perpetuation of seeking (suffering). 

Not knowing, no thing to know - is freedom. 

Reality is pure, spontaneous, absolutely free & without condition. 

And i explicitly said that I don't  actually know anything about anything 😅

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Wow ! Relax dude ..I was actually agreeing with him not ridiculing his jargon.  I listen to him everyday as I fall asleep. I resonate with his non-teaching and non-message . It contains some truth .

Of courJim would never say that. He avoids using the word ‘truth.’
But his liberation is full and real.
Of course Jim would never say that. He would remind “This is nothing speaking to nothing. There’s no Jim Newman here. There’s only Being. Nothing’s happening. This is it!

If I were anymore relaxed I’d be dead lol. 

If you’re really listening, there isn’t his liberation. 

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

And i explicitly said that I don't  actually know anything about anything 😅

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I know you will call these to be thoughts.

19 minutes ago, Phil said:

If I were anymore relaxed I’d be dead lol. 

If you’re really listening, there isn’t his liberation

What is this that can be more relaxed ?😎

On a serious note though ..I hate to strike this conversation open once again between us about  the separate self again..but who knows..maybe one day we will agree..

So please try to understand my perspective because It might be different than yours(but the teacher can learn from his students sometimes)..

It isn’t true that there’s no self  AT ALL. or at least, when people say “there is no self”, if they know what they’re talking about, they don’t mean what you mean.

Let’s start with a claim: the self absolutely exists. Nobody needs to worry that there is no self. So what is all the fuss about?

The fuss is about your self-definition. Your beliefs or feelings or ideas about self are the problem. Another way to say that is that there is a difference between being and “knowing who you are.” You already are being, there’s nothing to do there, it’s not something that needs to be solved.

But your mind wants to know “who am I?”, and this causes massive confusion as the mind keeps flipping through its toolkit of perspectives and beliefs and discriminative thinking, trying to answer the question with something concrete.

If you get a concrete answer that you like, the mind will build walls around that to preserve it, and you will feel like “I am a certain person”, and that identity will likely seem quite real. That sense of reality of your identity is an illusion produced by psychological processes.

But that does not mean that you don’t exist, it means that you misunderstand what you are. It means that you’ve identified with “a form” ,a specific set of ideas, images, beliefs, narratives, etc.

There is no “true form” of the self. That’s a kind of paradox that one has to grapple with to get clear about this topic .to be yourself is to be a context beyond form, but which can express itself as form. Nevermind if that’s confusing, this isn’t an intellectual proposition, it’s something you are not something you think.

In any case… the point is, there absolutely is a self. You’re it. But don’t think that means you can explain or define it.