Manifesting is absolute horseshit and doesn't work, you are fucking deluding yourself

On 10/4/2022 at 5:26 PM, Phil said:

@Omelette

If there aren’t separate selves, you are every millionaire. 

Ending anything (sexual abuse, poverty, disease) isn’t manifesting anything. 

There is sexual abuse, poverty & disease because of the belief in separate selves. 

If there aren’t separate selves, there isn’t any one responsible for any thing. 

There is human trafficking because of the belief in separate selves. 

There is non-acceptance because of the belief in separate selves. 

There is the belief separate selves manifest because of the belief in separate selves. 

First & foremost, that’s what she said. 

There only seems to be waiting, and a her saying such things, because of the belief in separate selves. 

There are only practices because of the belief in separate selves. 

There only seems to be time because of the belief in separate selves. 

There only seems to be “nonspiritual” people because of the belief in separate selves. 

There only seems to be someone manifesting more than you because of the belief in separate selves. 

There only seems to be ‘not from thin air’ because of the belief in separate selves. 

There only seems to be a myself, future, and disappointment because of the belief in separate selves. 

***SPOILER ALERT***

There only seems to be children and Santa because of the belief in separate selves. 

There is only, and only seems to be suffering because of the belief in separate selves. 

There only seems to be someone who would suffer less because of the belief in separate selves. 

In only seems like you can by your own presents because of the belief in separate selves. 

What does separate self mean and how does that belief go away? Why is it desirable for this belief to go away, is there less/no more suffering then? I don't understand

On 10/11/2022 at 12:32 PM, Omelette said:

What does separate self mean and how does that belief go away?

The ‘separate self’ is thoughts.

Thoughts about a self, which doesn’t actually exist.

Beliefs are seen as beliefs, vs something that would or could ‘go away’. Like a mirage in a desert can’t go away, because it is a mirage. There is only to see that it is, a mirage. 

On 10/11/2022 at 12:32 PM, Omelette said:

Why is it desirable for this belief to go away, is there less/no more suffering then? I don't understand

Yes.

An example… the thought, “I hate myself”. It seems like the thought feels discordant because you actually do hate yourself. But the thought actually feels discordant because you are awesome, and the “myself” the thought is about, doesn’t exist. So the thought feels very off to you. 

Notice there are ‘two you’s’ implied by the thought “I hate myself”. There is I, and, myself. But there are not two of you. 

5 hours ago, Phil said:

The ‘separate self’ is thoughts.

Thoughts about a self, which doesn’t actually exist.

Beliefs are seen as beliefs, vs something that would or could ‘go away’. Like a mirage in a desert can’t go away, because it is a mirage. There is only to see that it is, a mirage. 

Yes.

An example… the thought, “I hate myself”. It seems like the thought feels discordant because you actually do hate yourself. But the thought actually feels discordant because you are awesome, and the “myself” the thought is about, doesn’t exist. So the thought feels very of to you. 

Notice there are ‘two you’s’ implied by the thought “I hate myself”. There is I, and, myself. But there are not two of you. 

What about the thought "I love myself", it is still based on the same premise right, that there are two me? But this doesn't feel as discordant

Unrelated but I'm also curious on how to desire without a focus on lack? It seems like I would only desire something if I don't have it, if I already have it I am appreciating it?

24 minutes ago, Omelette said:

What about the thought "I love myself", it is still based on the same premise right, that there are two me? But this doesn't feel as discordant

But now the I is said to love, and that is so aligned whatever follows isn’t actually being held or thought or believed to be something separate. That’s the power & empowerment of loving. It’s always available here & now liberation, allow it liberally. 

Unrelated but I'm also curious on how to desire without a focus on lack?

Just freely bring to mind what it is that you actually do desire, and allow yourself to feel it.  I guarantee it isn’t lack. 

Imagine it, imagine you’re there or it’s here and you’re experiencing it right now and feel the reality of it.

Imagine it so much that there is no longer a line between imagination & reality, and you actually do know that it already is. Already literally here right now.

Don’t let the fact that it isn’t in perception fool or detour you. It is coming, and even that is saying to much. It just Is. 

It seems like I would only desire something if I don't have it, if I already have it I am appreciating it?

It is within you to love & appreciate without any thoughts about anything whatsoever. 

You know why I think it's bullshit? At least the way it's being talked about most commonly...

Because there are people out there who are angry, bitter, miserable, abusive, addicted to all kinds of shit... and they still managed to 'manifest' a fortune for themselves. They live in mansions, drive luxary cars, travel the world and preach nonsense. Fucking over anyone they can. 

They are far from being grounded in 'love and light', yet they seem to be able to just go out there and make things happen for themselves. By any means necessary. Do they have a heart? A soul? Probably not. But they have all that shiny stuff that most of us are only dreaming about, while doing all these spiritual backflips and kung fu moves, in hopes to miraculously 'attract' things to us.

There is something to this LOA biz, I'd say. But it's not working as it's being thought in mainstream spiritual circles. It's also not a one size fits all type of thing.

@ivankiss There's nothing inherently good in a luxury car, mansion, etc. There's no cause and effect of happiness and fulfillment there. If you want a mansion, you'd want it ONLY IF you'd enjoy it. If it was somehow haunted and would ruin your relationships and health and everything else in the acquiring of it (not that a house could do that, but for example) you'd much prefer a doublewide. 

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy I am aware that things do not have value inherently. We assign value to them. It was just an example. Replace 'mansion, cars, etc.' with anything else you desire and value.

I'm just saying that feeling good all the time is not necessarily going to bring things to you that you want. You can find your way to them while feeling shit too. 

'Just focus on what you want' is most likely not going to work, either. Because life happens and does its thing. No matter how focused you are on one thing, you can get hit by a car, for example, and then there's that. It's simply not grounded in real life enough, like most of spiritual guidelines and ideas. They love to hover above life.

@ivankiss The author of Gone With the Wind broke her foot in a car accident, which was the only reason she had time to write it. You cannot know why others attract what they do, but when you look at what they attract, you are always judging prematurely and you are judging and feeling the emotional guidance of those judgements based on what YOU want.

Do ideas love?

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

I'm just saying that feeling good all the time is not necessarily going to bring things to you that you want. You can find your way to them while feeling shit too. 

Something that comes to mind; You can also attract shit into your life, when feeling like shit. Unhealthy relationship, unhealthy mansion, etc etc. You can attract things that look good but which doesn't actually feel good, maybe because you never felt good to begin with. Kind of what Mandy just said.

I may not like how I feel...

But I will not abandon you.

I may not feel the most lovable...

But I will not abandon you.

These feelings might make me feel unworthy, or remind me of memories of unworthiness, but I will not abandon you.

I will not abandon you in favour of temporary highs. I will not abandon you through addictive behaviour. I will not abandon you in pursuit of greater popularity. Nor will I deny any complements that come my way.

It is not unloving for me to feel how I feel. I can't help but feel. And if I can't help but feel... what if I stop escaping right now?

And even if it feels like hell... at least the acceptance of hell means the only direction I can go is up.

My dearest emotions... My most painful memories... My most righteous projections... Including my most insidious spiritual bullshit... I may not indulge you...I may not identify with you... but I will abandon you no longer. For I am the Love that liberates you. It is not unloving to feel the way I feel. Unloving is only when I use my feelings or circumstances to harm myself or others.

Feeling my emotions without taking it out on anyone, including myself, is the firs step of reclaiming my power.

Feel that.

11 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Your highest desires are not manifesting not because your law of attraction skills are broken, but because you have not become who you need to be in order to handle what you want with grace, maturity and balance.

I find that so very true. When i am honest with myself i can always see why things haven't happened the way i want them to. I am not that person living that life, yet. It's not just about feeling good, it's about being something different. 

Very nicely said, i will keep this one.

Manifesting works but you have to make sure you're clear about your goals and hold onto them despite change in time and place.  Even if you never get manifestation, you can always know what would be good for you.  That knowing, that intention matters too.  You can keep that despite what actually happens.  Let's say you know you need to work on health, you know that despite how reality shakes out.  But knowing that is good too.  It feels good to have an intention to improve health even if it never happens.  That intention persists even when reality doesn't honor it.