Not wanting to get out of bed

Kevin

On 9/27/2022 at 4:21 PM, Kevin said:

It seems like every day that I am productive I build up positive momentum throughout the day. Sometimes I’ll have a really good day and by bedtime I’m feeling amazing. The problem is the next morning that good mood is usually gone. When I wake up most mornings I just want to keep sleeping. Part of me wants to stay there asleep the whole day. Usually I drag myself out of bed I’ll stretch and meditate and go to jiu jitsu and that will usually have me feeling at least ok. Sometimes I’ll feel great.

the main issue is that I want to be excited about getting out of bed. There have been times in my life where I was excited in the mornings. I miss experiencing that. I’m tired of having to force myself to get out of bed and start my day.

I want to be inspired.

Now in hindsight… 

The “problem” was said to be that the next morning that “good mood” is usually gone. 

Is it true?

Right now / in direct experience - where is “next morning”, “most mornings”, “parts of me”…?

Is any of that true?

How could you drag yourself out of bed when you are yourself & there are not two of you?

How could you continue to claim you sleep when you’ve never experienced sleep?

Is “the separate self” of thought clearly ‘seen’ to be only - thoughts?

If not…

Go to your bedroom now and try to drag yourself out of bed. 

Notice when you’re awake you can’t… and “when you’re asleep” is a thought… not an actual experience. 

Also in hindsight…

The “main issue” is said to be ‘I want to be excited about getting out of bed’.

Isn’t that setting the bar incredibly low for lucid dreaming? 

What about excitement for what’s on your dreamboard… which is manifesting…? 

Motivation, motive, believing the thoughts about me are me, and that that me needs something to feel good… is exhausting. 

When this thought attachment is seen, it is no longer believed, and is inherently let go. 

And the I Am.

Inspiration… which was only obscured… seemed to be obscured… by the activity of self referential thought. 

Put things on your calendar to look forward to & be excited about. But don’t believe feeling is contingent on it, or that feeling is in a future. Check… feeling is always and only ever present now. 

Put things on your dreamboard. But don’t believe you need it to feel. Check… feeling is always and only ever present now. 

Check directly with feeling…. Is “it” (which of course is actually You)… Being whatever is written on the calendar, on the dreamboard?

Feel the answer.

Source:  YES I AM!

Is “it” Being this entire experience right now?!

Source: FUCKING YEP!!!

Is “it” Being experience by essentially dreaming there is experience?

Source: OH HELLS YEP! 

If I write stuff on my dreamboard will you Be that? 

Can “you” Be that?

Are “you” actually Me?

Is that how it is that there’s not actually any “sleep”?

Is that how it is that there aren’t ‘two of Me’?

Are / were You totally aware of this before Being experience?

But “I” keep claiming You are “sleep”?

image.gif.ae36ee9750fcfa9e53e28023b4facc1e.gif

image.gif.e032eb68e4c0551aa76e3682acf450f6.gif

image.gif.1747956ea01956fe24df4aa7c8160070.gif

image.gif.f14ad36f8c0c5b522e4c9f672e5119a2.gif

😂 

It can also help to ask yourself what you truly want, versus what you expect from yourself, and let yourself let that go. No one really wants to be in a state of high excitement and arousal 24/7. I'm not sure why we often believe that we do.🤷‍♂️ 😂 Expectations (and noticing that we're failing to meet them) feels like resistance, going toward what you want feels like letting go of resistance. You can ask yourself for each thought, if it's upstream or downstream. 

Youtube Channel  

12 hours ago, Phil said:

Does the thought ‘something goes wrong’ feel perfectly aligned? 

Maybe take the ‘good’ factor out first. 

Is anything whatsoever needed to feel?

Now bring the thought back into the mix, the thought of ‘something going wrong’.

How does that thought feel?

No it doesn’t feel quite right.

Nothing is needed to feel.

What the hell is going on here then. My question would be what about my whole life previous to now. But my whole life is a thought now so what the hell is this? What’s going on?

12 hours ago, Phil said:

For sure. It seems like someone knowns some thing. 

🙂 🙏🏻 

10 hours ago, Mandy said:

It can also help to ask yourself what you truly want, versus what you expect from yourself, and let yourself let that go. No one really wants to be in a state of high excitement and arousal 24/7. I'm not sure why we often believe that we do.🤷‍♂️ 😂 Expectations (and noticing that we're failing to meet them) feels like resistance, going toward what you want feels like letting go of resistance. You can ask yourself for each thought, if it's upstream or downstream. 

I think we forget peace is an option. Certainly if I had to choose between depression and high arousal I would pick high arousal. I like the upstream downstream thing. 🙏

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Now in hindsight… 

The “problem” was said to be that the next morning that “good mood” is usually gone. 

Is it true?

Just thoughts. Misinterpreting revolving around believing the negative feeling meant something about me.

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Right now / in direct experience - where is “next morning”, “most mornings”, “parts of me”…?

Is any of that true?

All just thoughts. 

11 hours ago, Phil said:

How could you drag yourself out of bed when you are yourself & there are not two of you?

I couldn’t.

11 hours ago, Phil said:

How could you continue to claim you sleep when you’ve never experienced sleep?

Is “the separate self” of thought clearly ‘seen’ to be only - thoughts?

Yes

11 hours ago, Phil said:

If not…

Go to your bedroom now and try to drag yourself out of bed. 

Notice when you’re awake you can’t… and “when you’re asleep” is a thought… not an actual experience. 

haha very true.

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Also in hindsight…

The “main issue” is said to be ‘I want to be excited about getting out of bed’.

Isn’t that setting the bar incredibly low for lucid dreaming? 

What about excitement for what’s on your dreamboard… which is manifesting…? 

Very low indeed. The belief is that I can’t experience the things I want now. I’ll be able to get a girlfriend and friends and a high paying job, etc when I’m good enough. Good enough by being inspired everyday and by waking up earlier. Lots of thinking though.

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Motivation, motive, believing the thoughts about me are me, and that that me needs something to feel good… is exhausting. 

When this thought attachment is seen, it is no longer believed, and is inherently let go. 

And the I Am.

Inspiration… which was only obscured… seemed to be obscured… by the activity of self referential thought. 

Love this it makes a lot of sense.

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Put things on your calendar to look forward to & be excited about. But don’t believe feeling is contingent on it, or that feeling is in a future. Check… feeling is always and only ever present now. 

Put things on your dreamboard. But don’t believe you need it to feel. Check… feeling is always and only ever present now. 

Check directly with feeling…. Is “it” (which of course is actually You)… Being whatever is written on the calendar, on the dreamboard?

Feel the answer.

Source:  YES I AM!

Is “it” Being this entire experience right now?!

Source: FUCKING YEP!!!

Is “it” Being experience by essentially dreaming there is experience?

Source: OH HELLS YEP! 

If I write stuff on my dreamboard will you Be that? 

Can “you” Be that?

Are “you” actually Me?

Is that how it is that there’s not actually any “sleep”?

Is that how it is that there aren’t ‘two of Me’?

Are / were You totally aware of this before Being experience?

But “I” keep claiming You are “sleep”?

image.gif.ae36ee9750fcfa9e53e28023b4facc1e.gif

image.gif.e032eb68e4c0551aa76e3682acf450f6.gif

image.gif.1747956ea01956fe24df4aa7c8160070.gif

image.gif.f14ad36f8c0c5b522e4c9f672e5119a2.gif

😂

Damn phil you’re on a roll today. Seems like you're feeling the inspiration🙏

57 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Yes

✊🏼

57 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The belief is that I can’t experience the things I want now. I’ll be able to get a girlfriend and friends and a high paying job, etc when I’m good enough. Good enough by being inspired everyday and by waking up earlier. Lots of thinking though.

How does it feel to think you’re not good enough, and which do you prefer… being right or feeling great? Is it ok with you if you’re wrong (but feel great)?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

✊🏼

How does it feel to think you’re not good enough, and which do you prefer… being right or feeling great? Is it ok with you if you’re wrong (but feel great)?

Feeling great. And yes right and wrong much much less important.

At this point in terms of manifesting planning and plotting how to manifest things seems partly discordant. But surely some planning is necessary?

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

I think we forget peace is an option. Certainly if I had to choose between depression and high arousal I would pick high arousal. I like the upstream downstream thing. 🙏

That's because we too often cloud over that peace with thoughts about what's not happening, what we don't have, etc. If you allow yourself peace and relaxation, and plan (essentially allow) relaxation into your day, as well as the excitement you also want, (knowing that they aren't conflicting but complimentary) you might find that there's really not a difference between the two. 

Also it might be good to note that especially if you live up north we just went through the equinox (meaning that the daylight hours are shortening faster than any other time of year) and sleep cycles will shift and adjust towards sleeping more than any other time right now.  If you're at war with relaxation and rest, that's really gonna feel off around this time of year. Nature kicks ass in the growing season and rests thoroughly with no guilt whatsoever. You can too. 

Youtube Channel  

9 hours ago, Mandy said:

That's because we too often cloud over that peace with thoughts about what's not happening, what we don't have, etc. If you allow yourself peace and relaxation, and plan (essentially allow) relaxation into your day, as well as the excitement you also want, (knowing that they aren't conflicting but complimentary) you might find that there's really not a difference between the two. 

Yep definitely guilty of doing that. It seems like it is very important to be where we are and have trust that things will work out without having to stress.

9 hours ago, Mandy said:

Also it might be good to note that especially if you live up north we just went through the equinox (meaning that the daylight hours are shortening faster than any other time of year) and sleep cycles will shift and adjust towards sleeping more than any other time right now.  If you're at war with relaxation and rest, that's really gonna feel off around this time of year. Nature kicks ass in the growing season and rests thoroughly with no guilt whatsoever. You can too. 

I’m definitely looking forward to winter. I’ve been lifting and doing jiu jitsu a lot this summer and my body needs rest. More sleep is exactly what I need.