How do I feel good?

Omelette

On 9/27/2022 at 12:40 PM, James123 said:

Think this way, if your expansion depends on conclusions such as if you get in a college, you will be happy. But if you really have no expectation including being happy, being empty/no expectation will not bring you happiness, you will be the happiness.

How can I have no expectation, what practical way, meditation I'm guessing?

I used to meditate with expectation, now I just sit. I've had experience that violates the laws of physics and all current science through this, yet if I try to replicate it with that intention, it is impossible, it was clear to me in that moment that there was no separation between objects, and some wacky stuff happened. And it is certainly impossible once own takes ownership over these strange power/experience and says they are mine.

I imagine there are some monks in a cave who can do things like levitate and amazing things.

Even me wanting to have no expectations is an expectation, thoughts so sneaky😂

I am also not wanting to go down the route of infinite cleansing (i.e. keep "digging up" things like beliefs and I will end up doing it for eternity)

On 9/27/2022 at 3:43 PM, Phil said:

The guidance isn’t why things in your life aren’t working out. The guidance is to what you want. What you’re feeling the discord of is beliefs. That things are not working out for you is a  belief. 

How infinite am I...

I notice I don't even enjoy smoking at all, I try to separate what is felt by the nicotine and what isn't, i.e. I think smoking will make me feel good, so I withhold good feelings until I smoke...

I think it is scary how much control there is...

Why do things go my way and people are nicer to me when I'm feeling good?

For example, no meditation for a week, then meditate one day, and I get $1000 for free after meditation.

Like stuff is created completely independently it seems? Right now I'm not even choosing to feel good, I'm choosing confusion and wanting to understand. But when I choose to feel good things go my way even if they don't?

Why do I forget to feel good some times... is this just a habit to practice, one day it becomes my "natural state"? Since I've spent so long practicing thinking that is my "natural state"?

I don't have to do anything, but all I have to do is "think happy thought" and everything will work out by its self? Is action or movement a component, could a bedridden paralyzed person manifest a model girlfriend, million dollars, etc. through gratitude/appreciation alone?

It makes me happier to think about how amazing it is to be able to see, versus look for an answer to any question...

this seem like the "correct" way?

I suppose the hesitancy to go all in on this gratitude thing is because of years spent on practices that took me nowhere or even backwards... but they were all in an attempt to feel good, now I'm just cutting out the middle steps and going to feel good.

🥰

2 minutes ago, Omelette said:

Why do things go my way and people are nicer to me when I'm feeling good?

Law of Attraction.  Same reason feathers & bowling balls fall to the earth at the same (parallel) speed. And really, all Immutable laws, but if you really, really get that one you kinda get all of em. 

6 minutes ago, Omelette said:

Like stuff is created completely independently it seems?

👍🏻 Consistency is apparent. 

Why do I forget to feel good some times... is this just a habit to practice, one day it becomes my "natural state"? Since I've spent so long practicing thinking that is my "natural state"?

Without believing in / the thought activity of states, great feeling shines through, like the sun unfettered of clouds. 

I don't have to do anything, but all I have to do is "think happy thought" and everything will work out by its self?

The happy thought isn’t even needed. Everything’s already working out. 

Is action or movement a component, could a bedridden paralyzed person manifest a model girlfriend, million dollars, etc. through gratitude/appreciation alone?

The world & lens by which the world is known is apparent, and thoughts like action and components arise in the lens, about the world. Yes, everyone is attracting. But you can’t attract for another. 

It makes me happier to think about how amazing it is to be able to see, versus look for an answer to any question...

this seem like the "correct" way?

Yes totally amazing. Also amazing, and arguably more so, you aren’t seeing, you’re being seeing. 

I suppose the hesitancy to go all in on this gratitude thing is because of years spent on practices that took me nowhere or even backwards... but they were all in an attempt to feel good, now I'm just cutting out the middle steps and going to feel good.

Appreciate those practice you did! 🙂 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

The happy thought isn’t even needed. Everything’s already working out. 

I just figured out how to quote properly 😂

So the good thought will have no impact on what manifests or appears to me?

The only impact is how much I enjoy it?

Or maybe you mean in the sense that, there is nothing at all to work out. Even if it all manifests in the next instant, it is no indication on whether or not something is going right or wrong?

If I choose to be depressed for the next 20 years, it isn't right or wrong, simply won't feel good?

Like, good thought won't have any impact on me from stubbing my toe tomorrow, but it will have an impact in how I react and the quality of my experience (like if I am angry I will blame, if I am happy I just let it go)?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Yes totally amazing. Also amazing, and arguably more so, you aren’t seeing, you’re being seeing. 

What is being seeing?

I think of that as in there is a separate one who is being seeing.

Omelette's body is something noticed/seen/felt, the thought of it being my body is being seen/heard, the thought about a feeling is being heard while the feeling is being felt.

What is the one that is aware of this all, this is the Me?

Could one ever become aware of this Me? I think maybe the previous question sounds like "Can a rainbow be aware of being a rainbow?" which is nonsensical

Or when the conditioning is dropped, it is apparent? But who is the one who has conditioning, or drops it, that is all just more thoughts. Every gap between my thoughts, or when I sleep, I am enlightened 😂 (when me with little M is gone)

8 hours ago, Omelette said:
On 9/27/2022 at 7:40 PM, James123 said:

How can I have no expectation, what practical way, meditation I'm guessing?

I used to meditate with expectation, now I just sit. I've had experience that violates the laws of physics and all current science through this, yet if I try to replicate it with that intention, it is impossible, it was clear to me in that moment that there was no separation between objects, and some wacky stuff happened. And it is certainly impossible once own takes ownership over these strange power/experience and says they are mine.

I imagine there are some monks in a cave who can do things like levitate and amazing things.

Even me wanting to have no expectations is an expectation, thoughts so sneaky😂

You is an illusion itself, you must be dropped. Thats what i mean by no expectation. For get about levitating. You breathe the air you dont even see. Everything is already magic. Let go the self.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

14 hours ago, Omelette said:

I just figured out how to quote properly 😂

Lol congrats! 

So the good thought will have no impact on what manifests or appears to me?

Thought manifests and appears to you. 

The only impact is how much I enjoy it?

Impact is one such thought. 

Or maybe you mean in the sense that, there is nothing at all to work out. Even if it all manifests in the next instant, it is no indication on whether or not something is going right or wrong?

Judgement isn’t required. 

If I choose to be depressed for the next 20 years, it isn't right or wrong, simply won't feel good?

‘20 years’ is a thought, like ‘a hundred thoughts’ is one thought.

Meditation alleviates thought attachment, uncovering freedom, liberation, truth… from the believing of thoughts… like ‘20 years’, ‘right’, ‘wrong’, ‘I choose to be depressed’, etc. Then it’s easier to recognize some thoughts doesn’t resonate simply because they aren’t true. Ultimately, meditatively, there aren’t any thoughts, and therein there aren’t any beliefs, and what’s left is you, the truth. But the key is the meditation, as opposed to more thoughts, wether yours or mine so to speak. All thought appears, and therein is literally just an appearance. Truth appears as thoughts, thus truth can’t be communicated by thoughts. Truth is the absence of beliefs, like love is the absence of people. 

Like, good thought won't have any impact on me from stubbing my toe tomorrow, but it will have an impact in how I react and the quality of my experience (like if I am angry I will blame, if I am happy I just let it go)?

That you are angry or happy are just thoughts. 

What is being seeing?

Being isn’t seeing anymore than being is thinking. 

I think of that as in there is a separate one who is being seeing.

There’s no thinker. 

Omelette's body is something noticed/seen/felt, the thought of it being my body is being seen/heard, the thought about a feeling is being heard while the feeling is being felt.

Feeling being felt is a thought like a seer seeing or a thinker thinking. 

All thoughts. 

Meditation; the other-than more thoughts, orientation to truth of thoughts. 

What is the one that is aware of this all, this is the Me?

Yes, awareness. 

Could one ever become aware of this Me? I think maybe the previous question sounds like "Can a rainbow be aware of being a rainbow?" which is nonsensical

Exactly. There isn’t a you and the truth. 

What is - already is. 

Nothing could be more obvious.

Or when the conditioning is dropped, it is apparent? But who is the one who has conditioning, or drops it, that is all just more thoughts. Every gap between my thoughts, or when I sleep, I am enlightened 😂 (when me with little M is gone)

Conditioning is beliefs. Beliefs are thoughts. Thoughts already appear and disappear, and are exactly as they appear, an appearance. Conditioning didn’t happen in a past, that is a thought without an actuality, like unicorn or Bigfoot. Conditioning happens now, as the believing of thoughts, or conditioning doesn’t happen at all. An appearance can’t be dropped, because an appearance isn’t a thing, it’s an appearance.  There aren’t two me’s no matter what size letters are. 😂