On 11/23/2022 at 11:53 AM, Serenity said:

A witch is nothing more than a feminine person who is a vehicle for Yin energy. 

But in acting as an individual in that manner, he/she/it is leading with the Masculine or Yang.   It's Yin being channeled thru Yang.   Yin is the pure Feminine when it's presented as a monality or alone.  If it's presented as Yin vs. Yang as a duality, it's presumed to interplay and the ideal form of this working with is the Divine Marriage.  Just my ideas, anyone is free to think differently.  I don't want to shove my ideas down anyone's throat as "the truth", it's just my ideas.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

But in acting as an individual in that manner, she's leading with the masculine or Yang.   It's Yin being channeled thru Yang.  

I dont know where you are getting that...

Look, i dont really know from witches, my understanding is they can be of either gender and originally its basically a catch all term applied to non-christians.

Feminine energy just might extend a bit beyond what your old ass philosophy boys had to say about it.

My theory is that Christianity became so male dominated, and was bastardized to be used as manipulation and control, (even though Jesus did not teach such ideas) that wicca and witchcraft became and already were the opposite of what was repressed or unacknowledged. The fear of women (and men) having an intuitive connection with the earth, going into the wild to collect herbs and healing that way was more about a fear of healing itself. A woman must instead submit to a male doctor who will diagnose her with Hysteria. 🙄

"Autoimmune" conditions aren't much of a step up but that's a discussion for another day. 

It's not just women, the very same agenda was enforced on the Native Americans. The agenda being the idea that you must conquer nature rather than simply harmonize. 

Youtube Channel  

@Joseph MaynorYin gives form to force, its the way every human being enters this realm.  Yin is constantly restricting, refining, forming the formless energy, the pure potential.  

But like you said, every human being has both masculine and feminine aspects.  A woman who acts with agency is not simply appropriating male behavior.  Through most of recorded history women have been scapegoats for what men define as "evil", from the garden of eden, to mara tempting buddha with beatiful women to keep him from becoming enlightened.  Desire of women hindering one from transcending the wheel of samsara.  The womans knowledge being the reason for the fall of "man".  Its men fearing their own desire, limitations, and what they cannot control, and what they cannot do, which is create life(form).

I gotta talk about it though, I do notice the distrust and doubt about women in myself.

This is some bad stuff and I hope it isn't too much, but I do notice I have hard time imagining a woman could be 'awake' or spiritually 'trustworthy'. Sort of a distrust in women's judgement. 🤔 Just straight up sexist judgement.

It feels off obviously but I notice an attachment to this judgement.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

6 minutes ago, yeah right said:

But like you said, every human being has both masculine and feminine aspects.  A woman who acts with agency is not simply appropriating male behavior.  Through most of recorded history women have been scapegoats for what men define as "evil", from the garden of eden, to mara tempting buddha with beatiful women to keep him from becoming enlightened.  Desire of women hindering one from transcending the wheel of samsara.  The womans knowledge being the reason for the fall of "man".  Its men fearing their own desire, limitations, and what they cannot control, and what they cannot do, which is create life(form).

❤️👍 Men can and DO create though. Or rather what creates is prior to male or female. We always fear our own light. 

Youtube Channel  

6 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

This is some bad stuff and I hope it isn't too much, but I do notice I have hard time imagining a woman could be 'awake' or spiritually 'trustworthy'. Sort of a distrust in women's judgement. 🤔 Just straight up sexist judgement.

Just wanna say this is SO easily sensed, even when people carefully attempt to hide it, and that you openly admit this is really appreciated and refreshing to see. ❤️

Feeling all the feels right now. 

Again though, women can't be awake or trustworthy, and neither can a man. It's just discordant separate selvery. 

Youtube Channel  

4 minutes ago, Mandy said:

❤️👍 Men can and DO create though. Or rather what creates is prior to male or female. We always fear our own light. 

Of course, but the archetypal yang energy is pure potential without form until the yin gives it form.

Every individual has the capacity to create because we all have both.

But of course creation of life(babies) is something only women can do, its the microcosmic version of the macrocosmic creation of any form.

@Blessed2everyone is subject to misogynist thinking like this in our culture, women included, internalized misogyny is a big factor, you are doing what most people dont do which is bringing consciousness to what is largely unconscious, so, you are a step ahead from most, and it is only the first step.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

But in acting as an individual in that manner, he/she/it is leading with the Masculine or Yang.   It's Yin being channeled thru Yang.   Yin is the pure Feminine when it's presented as a monality or alone.  If it's presented as Yin vs. Yang as a duality, it's presumed to interplay and the ideal form of this working with is the Divine Marriage.  Just my ideas, anyone is free to think differently.  I don't want to shove my ideas down anyone's throat as "the truth", it's just my ideas.

Lol NOT your ideas.  Not even a remotely unique take.  Pure parroting.  

Why dont you respond in a new post instead of going back and editing a previous post after it has been responded to? That is not how conversation works. 

Edited by yeah right

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I am under the impression I already offered my perspective on this specific element a few pages back. 🤔 No?

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

I saw a gravestone today that was engraved with,

"ERECTED BY"

(a man's name)

"for",

then the woman's name that it was commemorating in ever so slightly larger font than the man's name.  😌😂

This "existence", sticky outty of reality/Awareness idea really went to seed a couple few millenniums ago. 😂

Youtube Channel  

I don't understand this negative connotation that is given to "objectifying". Bodies themselves are held as objects in our culture. Bodies seem to be objects, in fact. Your own body in fact is considered to be an object by no other than you!

Just an existential consideration not directly related to the theme of this thread. I just thought it would be useful to open up the discussion a bit and be more honest.

32 minutes ago, MetaSage said:

I don't understand this negative connotation that is given to "objectifying". Bodies themselves are held as objects in our culture. Bodies seem to be objects, in fact. Your own body in fact is considered to be an object by no other than you!

Just an existential consideration not directly related to the theme of this thread. I just thought it would be useful to open up the discussion a bit and be more honest.

Because people are not objects, they are subjects.

Objects are inanimate. They are not seen as as valuable as a person because they do not carry life. They are things.

Most of the time we use them as tools. As a mean towards an end. Using other human beings as a mean to an end, to serve our agenda without considering them as as important as ourself goes against Self-Love.

52 minutes ago, Mandy said:

How's that working out? 

Pretty good! Body's charged up, until it isn't lol

Again, applying negative connotations to "objects" and cultural arrogance denying the fact that bodies are held as objects. might as well contemplate what body and objects are.

Consider a dead body. It's inanimate yet it's still an object. The distinction of "life" isn't there. When life is though, the body stops being an object? A body seems to be precisely a tool and a vehicle to experience life...

anyway it's best to open up and contemplate for oneself before judging and taking the matter personally.

36 minutes ago, MetaSage said:

Again, applying negative connotations to "objects" and cultural arrogance denying the fact that bodies are held as objects. might as well contemplate what body and objects are.

What's being said here is that holding the body as an object is a prevalent gross mistake that is widespread in our cultural landscape. In late stage capitalism, way too much is commodified. The body is held as a thing, but one could argue that some people even go as far as monetizing 'their soul'. It's not a rare thing to hear, and while it's untrue because the soul is always untouched and unaffected, it's got a kennel of truth.

Consider a dead body. It's inanimate yet it's still an object. The distinction of "life" isn't there. When life is though, the body stops being an object?

I am sorry, but the syllogism you are trying to make here makes absolutely no sense. 

When a person (a subject) dies, the body is left as a remain. There is no more life in the body. But a matter of respect for the sacredness of life, a dead body is still not considered as an object. 

You can't take a dead body at home and put in on your shelf... 🌝  In fact, if you start messing around with a dead body, you will be put you jail and/or in a mental hospital 😬.

A body seems to be precisely a tool and a vehicle to experience life...

You can't differentiate life from the body as if you want to protect life, you need to project the body. The body is its receptacle. No body... no life incarnated. 😄 

And so because a human life is held in it, it makes of it not an object but a subject.