I know I have high standards but I'm starting to think they're unrealistic, I am not finding a woman that I'm satisfied with

I always think I should be able to find someone closer to what I want, but I haven't. Any advice? Anyway I can dissect any of my perceptions and ideas about what I'm looking for? I get along great on my own so I'm not trying to compromise, I'm currently in a relationship and it's okay.

I'm perfectly content on my own compared to being with even a slightly above average woman, people just don't live life fully and it's frustrating for me to do what feels like shrivelling up just to be with someone. I'm 32 male, u.s.

Edited by Devin

4 hours ago, Devin said:

I know I have high standards but I'm starting to think they're unrealistic, I am not finding a woman that I'm satisfied with

Ultimately no one finds satisfaction in objects, states, substances, or relationships (experience). 

4 hours ago, Devin said:

I always think I should be able to find someone closer to what I want, but I haven't. Any advice? Anyway I can dissect any of my perceptions and ideas about what I'm looking for? I get along great on my own so I'm not trying to compromise, I'm currently in a relationship and it's okay.

I'm perfectly content on my own compared to being with even a slightly above average woman, people just don't live life fully and it's frustrating for me to do what feels like shrivelling up just to be with someone. I'm 32 male, u.s.

Do you want someone who’s better than most, or someone you’re in love with? 

If loa ‘hears’ what you mean, not what you think, believe or know… what do you really mean?

You could write down anything that comes to mind about you s.o. which you find unsatisfactory, then ponder - how am I attracting that?

Then write the opposites, and ponder - how do I attract that

16 minutes ago, Mandy said:

You may be assuming that her value reflects on your value. You also might be focused more on flaws than on appreciation. In what areas are you judging these women as "average" above "average", etc. Do you really believe that people fit into such categories? 

The biggest thing for me that I judge on is fear, like how people live their lives for the approval of others, or are afraid to do what they want.

By average I don't mean people are better than others I mean what's generally desirable; social and communication skills, intelligence, mental health, ... I think you can categorize people that way

I've been looking for more a modern friendship type romantic relationship but im starting to think that won't work with me. I'm starting to think the more traditional type relationship where our lives are not very combined is all that will work, which means looking for a different type of woman.

Edited by Devin

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

Ultimately no one finds satisfaction in objects, states, substances, or relationships (experience). 

Do you want someone who’s better than most, or someone you’re in love with? 

If loa ‘hears’ what you mean, not what you think, believe or know… what do you really mean?

Yeah, I know it's not something I need for a "fulfilled" life, I just think it would be fun to find a woman im looking for and have a nice life and family together

I would say someone i'm in love with romantically, but to be truthful with myself I'm looking for traits relative to others, so the real answer may be "someone better than most". I can find "someone better than most", that's what im thinking of changing my sight toward, I won't really be in love with them though, in a way I love everyone, but not romantically.

I want someone feminine, brave, down to earth, compassionate, and intelligent

Edited by Devin

And yes I do judge myself on all those things in a way, I've spoken to others about this stuff and that's been brought up. I love and accept myself though, I just have an idea of how I want to live and be, and I would like to try it. I'm perfectly content with none of it happening, but it's the mountain I've decided to climb with this life.

Edited by Devin

@Devin

Loa is Law of Attraction, one of the immutable universal laws. In a nutshell, you’re attracting and the universe is responding. Seeing that you’re attracting is kind of an opposite take on experience from climbing a mountain.

Your request is ‘someone better than most’. The universe doesn’t know how to compare selves, what that means or what to do with that. Subtly shift focus from general standards & satisfaction to more specifics of what you want. Write feminine, brave, down to earth, compassionate, and intelligent & any other specifics that come to mind on your dreamboard. She will show up. Be open to any means or how, might not be how you’d expect. Watch Yes Man & Groundhog’s Day to get an idea of the vibe. She’ll be great, no doubt, but it’s the setting in of how you’re consciously creating your reality moment by moment that is truly satisfying. 

3 hours ago, Phil said:

@Devin

Loa is Law of Attraction, one of the immutable universal laws. In a nutshell, you’re attracting and the universe is responding. Seeing that you’re attracting is kind of an opposite take on experience from climbing a mountain.

Your request is ‘someone better than most’. The universe doesn’t know how to compare selves, what that means or what to do with that. Subtly shift focus from general standards & satisfaction to more specifics of what you want. Write feminine, brave, down to earth, compassionate, and intelligent & any other specifics that come to mind on your dreamboard. She will show up. Be open to any means or how, might not be how you’d expect. Watch Yes Man & Groundhog’s Day to get an idea of the vibe. She’ll be great, no doubt, but it’s the setting in of how you’re consciously creating your reality moment by moment that is truly satisfying. 

Awesome thanks. I looked up loa and it gave me a voodoo god, but funny enough, my answer's the same.😂

I will do that. Let's see how it goes😁

Edited by Devin