44 minutes ago, Someone here said:

OK thanks  

But any suggestions what should I write about ? Just a rough estimate:  Should I write about philosophical topics and contemplating reality (you know I like doing that).or keep it more "practical " ..just about my goals and everyday situations etc 

I think im not that good at writing text walls (long essays)..so I should I keep every post in the journal limited to a small portion of words ? Or just let my thoughts race and write as much as I want free from all these concerns? 

I think its best to write whatever is inside of you when you sit down to write, and if that is;

"I feel like I can't journal honestly. I always end up writing something that I'm imagining someone else will read? Or as soon as I get to the honest bits I get ashamed and then start correcting myself on the page like I know someone is reading it. Not sure how to get past it."

then i think that is exactly what you are looking for. You just came out with a perspective that you kept inside, that is what an expression journal is about. Now you can take it further and look at what you wrote and ask why it is like that? Why do i get ashamed or care if people read it, what does that say about me? 

You can also use the emotional scale and write about what emotions you experience and why. Like "i feel angry because ..... ". Getting it off your chest.

Or you can write about why you want a girlfriend and all the good things you will experience with her.

And its anonymous so just be as honest as you can 🙂