My thoughts of Leo and actualize.org. What do you think?

Forza21

7 hours ago, Adeptus Psychonautica said:

One of my issues with Actualized has been their fanatical defensiveness of "the leader" and that all he says is gospel

Leo did use moderation action on people who disagreed with his insights about love and god. But from my POV the only thing you got yourself into is an extended "e-battle", like people get into in YouTube comments or something 

Edited by AppleJuice

14 hours ago, Phil said:

.org’s:

Amnesty International, The United Way, The Red Cross, Feed The Children, Gifts in Kind, The Mayo Foundation, Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity,  Boys and Girls Club of America, Children’s Hospital, Planned Parenthood, The YMCA, The Arc of The United States, The Salvation Army, Mt. Sinai, UNESCO, SOS Children’s Village, World Wide Fund for Nature, Feeding America, Shriner’s Hospital for Children, The Children’s Hospital, The American Cancer Society, Actualized. 

You forgot scientology. I went there to test it out one time. It was a similar feeling as actualized. 

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

He runs the forum for seo reasons. It is the same with him double posting his YouTube videos.

@Philthat is why yoiu shouldnt run the forum on a subdomain. Make it a slug meaning with a slash. So there will be more visitors. 

Edited by BlendingInfinite

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

On 3/29/2022 at 4:37 PM, AppleJuice said:

Leo did use moderation action on people who disagreed with his insights about love and god. But from my POV the only thing you got yourself into is an extended "e-battle", like people get into in YouTube comments or something 

Yes he did and he ended up hurting his own cause which he knows too well.  He ended up looking like a snob.   Bad look for you Adeptus

It wasn't about who was smarter or who "owned who" - if that was his thinking then i guess he was a troll after all.  No, it was about addressing his criticism of Actualized which we can do here if he would prefer.   But I think it's probably better if he focused on awakening.  After all - with all the psychedelics he has taken he proves his own point.  That Leo was wrong about psychedelics being a magic pill.   They aren't.  If they were, Adeptus would be so enlightened he would be all over Leo's forum explaining how God exists and how not only psychological trauma can be healed - but that everything can.

Edited by Robed Mystic

13 minutes ago, Cupcake said:

I'm not sure if this is a general situation on all forums or the nature of the internet but I always feel a bit uncomfortable on forums in the way people act, it's very dispassionate, cold and very egoic. Like whether it's Actualized ORG or any other forum (I hope it doesn't happen here) what I have observed is that people generally take everything very egoically. Like you say something, instead of having the humility to accept it, they purposely argue to prove the other person wrong or to make oneself look superior. It's always "I'm not like you, I'm better than you.". This is the feeling I get everywhere. It causes rift,clash, conflict, and a feeling of separation and alienation. I'm not saying that everyone should do kumbaya but a little gentleness goes a long way in maintaining peace. 

I'm with you.   A little love goes a long way. Unfortunately, however, this is the way of the world.   Reality is harsh. 

One thing that has really helped me is if you're trauma bonding around a person and the cons are outweighing the pros for a long time and you've probably gotten all the shadow growth you're going to get out of them -- then you might want to take steps to stop looking at that person and their community.  It's just like battling an addiction.  The first step is to get a website blocker and block their site and stop looking for them or their videos.  I'm going to use a metaphor here and I don't want it to be taken personally or to refer to any person, I just want to say it because it's memorable and useful: If you stop engaging, the garbage takes itself out.  This works for any relationship that's become irreconcilably toxic.  Just stop looking at and for that person and the garbage takes itself out.  It's actually quite remarkable.  Toxic relations require your consent and your attention.  Look at the pros and cons of continuing to trauma bond with someone.  If there are no more pros and only cons, then consider stopping looking at them -- avert your gaze and set up systems that help you do that.  You will feel so much better I can't even tell you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

43 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The first step is to get a website blocker and block their site and stop looking for them or their videos.

I actually tried to block the forum website, but I haven't found a way to do so on my android phone. Do you know some apps or chrome settings where this is possible?

There must be an effortless way.

@Adeptus Psychonautica Hey, I have not really seen any of your videos, but I kinda know who you are due to the thing. Mind if I ask some questions? I'm just curious 😁

How many trips have you had? What substances?

What are the psychedelic experiences / insights / mystical experiences / states that you do not agree about with Leo? For example, God-realization. Have you experienced something like that? Do you think that psychedelics in fact do "open" certain things about the nature of reality / metaphysics, or do you think they are just different brain chemistry states?

Is there some things you do agree about with Leo / have had same experience?

Are you spiritual in general? Are you interested in buddhism, yoga, nonduality etc?

3 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I actually tried to block the forum website, but I haven't found a way to do so on my android phone. Do you know some apps or chrome settings where this is possible?

I know how to do it on my iPhone and have used this.  Let me explain it and maybe you can find a way to do it analogously.  For iPhone users, here's the path: Setting => Screen Time => Context & Privacy Restrictions => Content Restrictions => Web Content => Limit Adult Websites => Then enter in the website you want to block in the "Never Allow" category.  For Google I use an extension called "Blocksite" which you can find by Googling it.  This will allow you to block specific sites.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

One thing that has really helped me is if you're trauma bonding around a person and the cons are outweighing the pros for a long time and you've probably gotten all the shadow growth you're going to get out of it -- then you might want to take steps to stop looking at that person and their community.  It's just like battling an addiction.  The first step is to get a website blocker and block their site and stop looking for them or their videos.  I'm going to use a metaphor here and I don't want it to be taken personally or to refer to any person, I just want to say it because it's memorable and useful: If you stop engaging, the garbage takes itself out.  This works for any relationship that's become irreconcilably toxic.  Just stop looking at and for that person and the garbage takes itself out.  It's actually quite remarkable.  Toxic relations require your consent and your attention.  Look at the pros and cons of continuing to trauma bond with someone.  If there are no more pros and only cons, then consider stopping looking at them -- avert your gaze and set up systems that help you do that.  You will feel so much better I can't even tell you.

That's because the "garbage" was always held within your own Mind to begin with.   It's quite simple actually.  And it's even more profound than what you think.  Only what you are conscious of exists.  This awareness is a tremendous power when one uses it wisely.

Edited by Robed Mystic

53 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

That's because the "garbage" was always held within your own Mind to begin with.   It's quite simple actually.  And it's even more profound than what you think.  Only what you are conscious of exists.  This awareness is a tremendous power when one uses it wisely.

The absolute doesn't trounce the relative.  You must be able to learn both, and if you're a teacher you must find a way to teach both.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I know how to do it on my iPhone and have used this.  Let me explain it and maybe you can find a way to do it analogously.  For iPhone users, here's the path: Setting => Screen Time => Context & Privacy Restrictions => Content Restrictions => Web Content => Limit Adult Websites => Then enter in the website you want to block in the "Never Allow" category.  For Google I use an extension called "Blocksite" which you can find by Googling it.  This will allow you to block specific sites.  

It worked! Thanks!!

On 3/29/2022 at 8:18 AM, Ges said:

Actually, I think Actualized is the least toxic of them all. As far as my experience goes, the rest are mostly pyramid scheme organizations used as a smokescreen to whitewash dirty money.

Business cults are designed to brainwash/condition people to think like the cult leader so they buy his or her products eventually.  This is how business cults work.  YouTube does your marketing for you, you then re-direct candidates into your community (or Internet forum) where you restrict them to your discourse or messaging, and eventually they're primed to buy your products or services.  Manipulative marketing cults are a way to make money usually by selling something to someone where conditioning is necessary prior to anyone wanting to buy the products, because the products are unverifiable, i.e., selling someone that they're going to become God and completely omniscient.  The cult leader is a businessman and professional marketer.  This is why the cult leader wants to control the messaging in their community (or Internet forum) and kick off people who get in the way of that.  In order to sell someone on your "one right answer" they have to be primed over time to believe that, which requires a consistent narrative or echo chamber.  Otherwise, you don't take the funneled-in candidates linearly to the cash register to buy from you.  And the cult leader needs to establish a kind of scarcity and credibility as the only source who has what you want.  Business cults are designed to limit you from the outside world, manipulate your thinking, get you addicted to the community that all think the same way and share a common leader, and eventually get you to buy products from the leader of that shared community.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

54 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Business cults are designed to brainwash/condition people to think like the cult leader so they buy his or her products eventually.  This is how business cults work.  YouTube does your marketing for you, you then re-direct candidates into your community (or Internet forum) where you restrict them to your discourse or messaging, and eventually they're primed to buy your products or services.  Manipulative marketing cults are a way to make money usually by selling something to someone where conditioning is necessary prior to anyone wanting to buy the products, because the products are unverifiable, i.e., selling someone that they're going to become God and completely omniscient.  The cult leader is a businessman and professional marketer.  This is why the cult leader wants to control the messaging in their community (or Internet forum) and kick off people who get in the way of that.  In order to sell someone on your "one right answer" they have to be primed over time to believe that, which requires a consistent narrative or echo chamber.  Otherwise, you don't take the funneled-in candidates linearly to the cash register to buy from you.  And the cult leader needs to establish a kind of scarcity and credibility as the only source who has what you want.  Business cults are designed to limit you from the outside world, manipulate your thinking, get you addicted to the community that all think the same way and share a common leader, and eventually get you to buy products from that leader of that shared community.  

yeah, i also wonder why he started to use term "solipsism" . No other guru or spiritual movement do that.

it might be the biggest ideology lie, that puts people in the worse possible prision...

Edited by Forza21

@Forza21 I'm not sure about that as I am this -- in his response video "explaining" why he took the solipsism video down, Leo said he's creating a course probably for $1,000 where he's going to lead you to becoming God and completely omniscient.    Those are his words "completely omniscient."  Check it out yourself.  I don't want to post the video here, but you can find it on YouTube.  Who do you think is going to buy that course?  Somebody off the street who hasn't been conditioned first?   Just to leave one more point here, when it fails it's your fault too.  So, you sell something unverifiable to someone and get them to blame themselves when it doesn't work.  The secret is (drum roll) -- it was designed to fail.  This is very common in MLM manipulative marketing cults.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Business cults are designed to brainwash/condition people to think like the cult leader so they buy his or her products eventually.  This is how business cults work.  YouTube does your marketing for you, you then re-direct candidates into your community (or Internet forum) where you restrict them to your discourse or messaging, and eventually they're primed to buy your products or services.  Manipulative marketing cults are a way to make money usually by selling something to someone where conditioning is necessary prior to anyone wanting to buy the products, because the products are unverifiable, i.e., selling someone that they're going to become God and completely omniscient.  The cult leader is a businessman and professional marketer.  This is why the cult leader wants to control the messaging in their community (or Internet forum) and kick off people who get in the way of that.  In order to sell someone on your "one right answer" they have to be primed over time to believe that, which requires a consistent narrative or echo chamber.  Otherwise, you don't take the funneled-in candidates linearly to the cash register to buy from you.  And the cult leader needs to establish a kind of scarcity and credibility as the only source who has what you want.  Business cults are designed to limit you from the outside world, manipulate your thinking, get you addicted to the community that all think the same way and share a common leader, and eventually get you to buy products from that leader of that shared community.  

Pertaining to Actualized I think you are overthinking things.  I think you do that a lot.  Don't worry, I do too.  Too much thought can be one's  downfall ironically enough.  

The teachings are sound and it is reiterated countless times to not adapt the teachings as beliefs but to do the spiritual practices.  

Hey - I'm not defending Actualized per se, I don't have a dog in the race - I'm just saying from someone outward looking in - ive looked into his stuff and it is solid.  Don't look at the person- that's just an avatar. No one is perfect.

Edited by Robed Mystic