Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade

On 7/4/2022 at 9:04 AM, BlendingInfinite said:

USA is basically build upon catholic values, which means that you diverge from the idea of the founding fathers by entertaining new not thought-through ideas.

The philosophy and faith of the founding fathers is far more nuanced and deep than that.

The history and ideas of what the US constitution and society was built on was completely different from basic religious thought or catholic faith. US was more like a stark opposite of a religious state.

That something like the US could have even appeared on the face of this planet meant thousands of people tirelessly fighting christian fundamentalism and chruches power. It was more like "Fuck a religious state, fuck a monarchy, fuck any sort of oppression. Let's try something completely new... Let's try reason, let's try spirituality, let's try freedom." And they did. The US was founded on a completely new paradigm of nature, life and human being. Not catholicism.

There must be an effortless way.

On 9/17/2022 at 8:13 PM, Blessed2 said:

The philosophy and faith of the founding fathers is far more nuanced and deep than that.

The history and ideas of what the US constitution and society was built on was completely different from basic religious thought or catholic faith. US was more like a stark opposite of a religious state.

That something like the US could have even appeared on the face of this planet meant thousands of people tirelessly fighting christian fundamentalism and chruches power. It was more like "Fuck a religious state, fuck a monarchy, fuck any sort of oppression. Let's try something completely new... Let's try reason, let's try spirituality, let's try freedom." And they did. The US was founded on a completely new paradigm of nature, life and human being. Not catholicism.

Not true.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

On 9/17/2022 at 2:13 PM, Blessed2 said:

It was more like "Fuck a religious state, fuck a monarchy, fuck any sort of oppression.

l agree. I’m surprised the US flag isn’t the middle finger.

But I disagree on the ‘any sort of oppression’. That middle finger in the heir was also for all non-white and female Americans. More of a self serving for profit lip service business preaching coherence & unity, cleverly cloaking the underlying hypocrisy of deep seated racism, misogyny & exclusion in actions. The electoral college and pick-any-war might be the most tangible examples. 

36 minutes ago, Phil said:

l agree. I’m surprised the US flag isn’t the middle finger.

😁

Or the Gadsden flag. It must be one of the most badass things I've ever seen. Even I would pledge allegiance for that one. Though not to it's history perhaps, or to what ideas it might be associated with today. But it really is a beautiful flag. It could be a flag for something greater. For me it kinda already is.

50 minutes ago, Phil said:

But I disagree on the ‘any sort of oppression’. That middle finger in the heir was also for all non-white and female Americans. More of a self serving for profit lip service business preaching coherence & unity, cleverly cloaking the underlying hypocrisy of deep seated racism, misogyny & exclusion in actions. The electoral college and pick-any-war might be the most tangible examples. 

True. 👍

The US has such an interesting history and society + culture. Gotta study it more. For some reason I've felt fascinated by it for some time. I've got this dream of visiting it and spending an entire year just driving around, speakers blasting Bruce Springsteen. Not the big cities though, but the more rural areas. Maybe get to know some locals and see what they're up to.

There must be an effortless way.