Considering Becoming a Monk

Orb

17 hours ago, Orb said:

@Mandy now is without conflict, but now there's no motivation for anything, so should I just let everything unravel into madness? 

@Phil why doesn't meditation feel good just like a cup of coffee? When I wake up I want to have coffee because I know 100% that it will wake me up and feel good. I don't have that conviction with any spiritual practice or model and I've been involved with those for years. 

Is there room to actually awaken while it is assumed you wake up in the morning, and you are the body (‘it will wake me up) and good feeling is coming from objects? Maybe the suffering in this way has nothing to do with you, and is only these beliefs? 

As was pointed to / said…  is there really, in all honestly, daily meditation… or only the not-so-accurate claim / belief that there is consistency in or with the practice? 

Is there meditation, and then the avoidance of expressing what might be coming up?

The very misunderstandings, misinterpretations, misidentifications… which are very discordant…?

23 minutes ago, Forza21 said:

it's just i can't find anything satisfying in any materialistic pursuit, travels, cars, all this stuff

What could be found is the expectation… that satisfaction comes from materialistic ‘things’. 

The belief there is ‘all this stuff’ is the belief you are an object. 

If so, there’s probably a lot of discord felt with each thought that supports this belief. 

17 hours ago, Orb said:

If meditation worked the first time years ago wouldn't I be addicted to it? Just like how I KNOW coffee will feel good so I drink it everyday? 

And I'll try to calm down, my mind goes so quick into self sabotage mode because I'm so overwhelmed, I just wanna eat junk food and do drugs.

If it’s just the source of good feeling that is desired, and meditation feels good while meditating… if meditation, as the other-than-thinking good feeling comes from objects or experience is recognized… then it’s simultaneously noticed you actually always feel good - and it is only some thoughts which don’t… and these thoughts, beliefs, can be inspected as to why they are discordant. Very so to speak - taking responsibility for this - for ‘doing the work’ of inspecting, expressing, and recognizing this… might be more in line with what you actually want… and thinking you’ll feel better if ‘you’ were somewhere else might be seen as this very ‘type’ of belief. As perpetuating the belief you’re not good / goodness… and or that good feeling comes from things, objects, or locations. Kind of ‘just a thought’, a consideration, just two cents. If going to a monastery is what feels best for you, imo, do that… but just addressing the avoidance (if so) might be the relief longed for. A ‘seeing there is no monster in the closet’ fear wise. A no longer avoiding via projection….what might be found is the projection of good feeling, onto someone and somewhere.

Spirituality, as other than inspecting, is kind of bypassing where traditional therapy might be far more healing and helpful. 

@Phil in all honesty, there have been days where i skipped the practice, ive told you before lol.

in feeling, it doesnt feel right to become a monk anymore. 

My focus isn't on where to go to survive right now honestly, my only focus is feeling better from my current standpoint. 

Like I'm excited to clean up my diet, health, fitness, and I'm doing it right now, but my sights aren't going further than that currently, I have no interest in thinking on what's my next career move. 

♾️

@Orb

I know lol. Doesn’t matter what I know or what I’m told though. Just what you tell yourself, so to speak. I’d ‘tell yourself’ you’re fuckin awesome… cause it’s true. 

Also, sounds like you’re listening to what the universe, or source, or whatever term you like. Receiving the ‘lesson’, actually hearing it… presence.