Create New Topic

When hungover, just stop at “I’m hungover”. 

Don’t analyze or attempt any ‘spiritual’ or emotional ‘work’. 

The separate self will never be noticed while hungover. 

It’s like shitting on someone’s face while looking for a smile. 

Except it’s your own face. 

And not even.

4 hours ago, Phil said:

When hungover, just stop at “I’m hungover”. 

Don’t analyze or attempt any ‘spiritual’ or emotional ‘work’. 

The separate self will never be noticed while hungover. 

It’s like shitting on someone’s face while looking for a smile. 

Except it’s your own face. 

And not even.

Think thats very wise. Thanks for the tip.

Thoughts about my work:

"I need to finish my tracks"

"The tracks have to be perfect" feeling the guidance of frustration and impatience. 

"I need to wait time for momentum to build and i will feel good in the future" feeling pessimism. 

"I am so tired of feeling like this" pessimism. 

Do i feel contentment? 

"I am tired and without energy" feeling pessimism.

Thoughts about arguing with in any way makes me feel frustration, irritation.

"I should see more people" I need to see people" makes me feel discouragement. 

I feel boredom. 

All of this is so important. Thoughts about all these selves. 

Thoughts about me "just having to do more conscious breathing" makes me feel frustration, impatience. 

When reading someone saying something i disagree with i feel anger and blame. I just read someone saying that something required "a very trained and skilled mind". My interpretation instantly "OH GOD THERE IS NO MIND, IDIOT, you really think you know something". 

"I am better" makes me feel frustration. 

Whats the emotion that most describes "arrogance"?

10 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

That's a really good question. I think that arrogance is just a misunderstanding that holds in place all discordant emotion. Avoidance of insecurity would be the main driving force. It's trying to avoid insecurity, vulnerability and the bliss of not being the one who knows by being in exclusion to others, the one who knows. It's always a diminishment. Because there is no self, all diminishment of others or anything really is self diminishment. 😳 Appreciation is so simple. 

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl said:

What a great and brave question. 😅

Arrogance is a mask for deep-seated underlying insecurity and or fear. Suppression of insecurity manifests as overcompensation through arrogant behaviors & actions with a motive on behalf of the sep self of thoughts, as an asserting of a paradigm of superiority or authority to shield vulnerability. An ‘inferiority complex’, with insecurity & fear ‘held as, complex, conceptual, known, as opposed to emotions (guidance).

The “remedy” is that awareness is self-aware. Whatever seems known, which the guidance of insecurity and or fear are felt for, consciousness is conscious of, and therefore the interpretation can not be true of or about, consciousness. 

Another framing is black & white thinking, or pendulum swings like humble vs arrogant are indicative of yet to be felt emotions which dispel the notions of a sep self, aligning the interpretation or thoughts directly, without the confusion (of the sep self of thoughts). 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

What a great and brave question. 😅

Arrogance is a mask for deep-seated underlying insecurity and or fear. Suppression of insecurity manifests as overcompensation through arrogant behaviors & actions with a motive on behalf of the sep self of thoughts, as an asserting of a paradigm of superiority or authority to shield vulnerability. (A inferiority complex).

The “remedy” is that awareness is self-aware. Whatever seems known, which the guidance of insecurity and or fear are felt for, consciousness is conscious of, and therefore the interpretation can not be true of or about, consciousness. 

Can arrogance be rooted in prejudice? 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

@Reena

The aligning guidance of insecurity would be felt as well, isn’t it so? 

Arrogance & prejudice are on par as symptoms, behaviors & actions reflecting what’s going on ‘inside’. 

Still tracing back to whatever seems known in a self referential manor, to ‘the knower’ / sep self of thoughts. 

Arrogance leans more to insecurity, while prejudice leans more to fear. 

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

Appreciation is so simple. 

Would you call it a conscious act you run around spurring on everything? Thinking "You are lovely" when talking to someone, as an example? I do notice that feels "good" sometimes, but i'm so fed up with all this doing. But without it there doesn't seem to be all that much love or appreciation. All of this is crap also.

Fear and insecurity still dominating "my life" since forever.

Interpretations are only experienced presently. “My life” is a presently-only experienced interpretation of, the present. 

It might be simpler and more clarifying to consider whether thoughts are directly met with worry as guidance, rather than assuming that thoughts cause someone to worry or feel worry.

Similarly, the notion that "something might be wrong" emerges within the single perspective, rather than shaping the one perspective.

If an interpretation presents itself as a claim about the single perspective, suggesting the perspective is flawed (a dualistic, thought-based notion of right and wrong), and if the guidance of worry is suppressed by creating a separate 'self'—which is then said to be made to feel worry—this could lead to frustration as guidance for the untangling with respect to the fundamental nature of the actual situation.

In sequence, order of appearance… Feeling arises -> It exists within the one perspective -> Thoughts and interpretations emerge within this lens / perspective -> Emotional guidance is felt, linking the resonance of thoughts with feeling, manifesting as the one perspective, including the thoughts and interpretations therein.

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Arrogance is a mask for deep-seated underlying insecurity and or fear. Suppression of insecurity manifests as overcompensation through arrogant behaviors & actions with a motive on behalf of the sep self of thoughts, as an asserting of a paradigm of superiority or authority to shield vulnerability. (A inferiority complex).

Story of "me".

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

A lot of the time i am not sure what the insecurity or fear is about, only the arrogant attitude appearing as an example. You would need awareness of that to get to the root of the insecurity and fear?

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Interpretations are only experienced presently. “My life” is a presently-only experienced interpretation of, the present. 

I know and i see this. But i refuse to change the way i communicate. Feels contrived to speak in this non-dual way

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

Story of "me".

Totally! “The me” of thoughts is always “the exception”. 

”But you don’t understand what it was like - for me!” 

“If you had been through what I’ve been through you’d be more empathetic, understanding & compassionate!”

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

A lot of the time i am not sure what the insecurity or fear is about, only the arrogant attitude appearing as an example. You would need awareness of that to get to the root of the insecurity and fear?

Emotions are how interpretations feel. Guidance for changing as in aligning interpretations. One can freely try out limitless new interpretations. One can even bring thought to rest, being without interpretation(s). 

“But you would need awareness”

Awareness

20 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

I know and i see this. But i refuse to change the way i communicate. Feels contrived to speak in this non-dual way

As a zen slap of reality ♥️ there’s nobody here. Nobody cares. That there’s someone here, speaking, (in this way or that), would be a directly experienced & discordant belief. There’s nobody here experiencing that belief. 🤷 Wild, seemingly paradoxical as all get out, yet absolutely true. 

Meditation. 🤷‍♀️ 

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

Totally! “The me” of thoughts is always “the exception”. 

”But you don’t understand what it was like - for me!” 

“If you had been through what I’ve been through you’d be more empathetic, understanding & compassionate!”

Meant more in the sense i am apparently clueless as to how to resolve it. No me and no it so guess its already done.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

“But you would need awareness”

Awareness

Thats funny

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

As a zen slap of reality ♥️ there’s nobody here. Nobody cares. That there’s someone here, speaking, (in this way or that), would be a directly experienced & discordant belief. There’s nobody here experiencing that belief. 🤷 Wild, seemingly paradoxical as all get out, yet absolutely true. 

Thats nice. Thanks

18 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

Meant more in the sense i am apparently clueless as to how to resolve it. No me and no it so guess its already done.

It arises, it’s brought to rest, it arises, it’s brought to rest, it arises, it’s brought to rest, it doesn’t arise anymore. 

It’s ’not stepping in the same (discordant) hole’. 

🙏🏼♥️

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

It arises, it’s brought to rest, it arises, it’s brought to rest, it arises, it’s brought to rest, it doesn’t arise anymore. 

It’s ’not stepping in the same (discordant) hole’. 

🙏🏼♥️

Battle on.

Thanks💚

2 hours ago, Phil said:

It might be simpler and more clarifying to consider whether thoughts are directly met with worry as guidance, rather than assuming that thoughts cause someone to worry or feel worry.

Similarly, the notion that "something might be wrong" emerges within the single perspective, rather than shaping the one perspective.

If an interpretation presents itself as a claim about the single perspective, suggesting the perspective is flawed (a dualistic, thought-based notion of right and wrong), and if the guidance of worry is suppressed by creating a separate 'self'—which is then said to be made to feel worry—this could lead to frustration as guidance for the untangling with respect to the fundamental nature of the actual situation.

In sequence, order of appearance… Feeling arises -> It exists within the one perspective -> Thoughts and interpretations emerge within this lens / perspective -> Emotional guidance is felt, linking the resonance of thoughts with feeling, manifesting as the one perspective, including the thoughts and interpretations therein.

How would you classify the emotion of appreciation? 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic.