5 day challenge

I have accepted a 5 day challenge on an app.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Babloo,

“How are you?”

The cashier waits for a reply as you pay for your coffee. It takes you a second to pry your mind from the pile of work waiting back at your desk. This might be your only break all day.

You finally come up with the answer you’ve said a thousand times: “Good…Busy.”

It’s hard to be present in our lives when we’re constantly running from one thing to the next, always trying to pack a week’s worth of work into a day. A lot is expected of us and we live in the get-it-done-now culture, governed by overflowing calendars and endless to-do lists.

But crossing items off a list doesn’t always mean we’re moving forward. Getting more “stuff” done won’t necessarily help us accomplish our bigger goals. The ones that tug at us before bed. 

If we’re always getting caught up in the trivial tasks, then what’s left for the big things? What good is busyness if it  prevents us from paying attention to what we care about?

Here’s a challenge that will upgrade your time management approach so you can focus on what matters.

Boil it down to One Big Thing

Prioritization. This is the basis of the One Big Thing principle.

When you choose “One Big Thing” to accomplish, it’s easier to make time for it. It also keeps you from getting caught up in the minutia of the day. You shift from trying to do a hundred little tasks to taking one important step towards a goal.

Think of it as a commitment to pursue your mission in life—whatever it may be—with less interference.

My challenge to you, Babloo, is…

Dedicate yourself to your One Big Thing.

Micromanaging our calendars has become the norm, making it seem like we need to schedule our days down to the second to stay on track. But all that planning overcomplicates things, including our health. (cult of busy article point)

Our constant busyness puts stress on our bodies and makes us less effective, overall. We move haphazardly from one task to the next, connected by devices that seem glued to our hands.

Habits like checking email on the evening commute or logging on to do “one last thing” before dinner keep us from devoting our full attention to the deeper work. We might be well-oiled productivity machines, but sometimes this productivity is without purpose. We aren’t always clear on “why” we do everything we do.

Over the next 5 days, you will identify your purpose and devote time to the work that matters most. You’ll shorten your to-do list and plan your days in a way that allows you to meet deadlines and keep responsibilities, while also taking meaningful steps towards the goals that matter most.

But how can I shorten my list?

By prioritizing your tasks, deciding how much time you need for each, and giving them your full attention. With a clear “why” behind everything you do, you’ll infuse a sense of purpose into your work.

For the next 5 days, you’ll use the One Big Thing method to plan your days.

After setting your focus on One Big Thing for the day, you’ll identify a couple medium and a handful of small things you’ll do every day.

The time you set aside for each will reflect its importance. Your One Big Thing will get a couple hours of your attention, whereas smaller things might only get a few minutes. Medium things will be right in the middle in both importance and amount of time.

Could your routine use a tune-up? Click accept and “One Big Thing” will be added to your morning routine.

One Big Thing

Do it 5 times this week to succeed

Your challenge is to carve out time for One Big Thing every day for the next 5 days.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Your one-time action

Let’s get you set up to start the challenge tomorrow:

Open your calendar and set up a time before the day starts to write down the big, medium, and small tasks you’ll focus on. Now set a reminder for this that repeats each day.

Grab a journal and write down some rules and tips to help you stay focused during the tasks in the challenge.. These can be things like “No social media,” “Play jazz music,” or “One Big Thing before 2 PM.” You can update them during the challenge.

Now you’re ready to get focused, Babloo!

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Yesterday was a productive day. I want to make sure that I follow a schedule. 

There will be upto six 5 day challenges in a month. Each challenge will vary from another in terms of goals and performance and objectives. The objective of this challenge is organizing my life. Bit by bit. 

Yesterday I spent a considerable amount of time trying to organize my phone. Too much clutter of old stuff. But glad I was able to do it. 

5 day challenge starts on 7th June. Ends on 11th June. 

On 1/6/2024 at 5:09 PM, Reena said:

8bgvbz.gif

8ai1w9.gif

8bgx4e.gif

8bgvgt.gif

8bgqat.gif

8bgqdi.gif

8bgqg5.gif

8bgqip.gif

8bgqla.gif

8bgpuj.gif

8bgpwy.gif

8bgpzf.gif

8bgq1e.gif

8bgq58.gif

8bgqrr.gif

8bgqu7.gif

On 1/6/2024 at 5:59 PM, Reena said:

Noon Timetable 

8bgx9j.gif

8bgqu7.gif

8bgqrr.gif

8bgqx2.gif

8bgr17.gif

8bgr4a.gif

8bgr6a.gif

8bgr9p.gif

8bgrc4.gif

8bgrgz.gif

8bgriy.gif

8bgrlf.gif

8bgrrs.gif

8bgxhq.gif

8bgrwb.gif

8bgryg.gif

8bgs0g.gif

8bgs7i.gif

8bgsa1.gif

On 1/6/2024 at 6:01 PM, Reena said:

Night timetable 

8bgxl1.gif

8bgsa1.gif

8bgsdg.gif

8bgsjf.gif

8bgslm.gif

8bgsoy.gif

8bgssl.gif

8bgsv8.gif

8bgsxd.gif

8bgt3o.gif

8bgthe.gif

8bgtji.gif

8bgtlh.gif

8bgtph.gif

8bgtt7.gif

8bgtzm.gif

8bgu1z.gif

8bgu6p.gif

8bgub2.gif

8bgudf.gif

8bgugm.gif

8bgujb.gif

8bguly.gif

8bgupe.gif

8bgut8.gif

8bguwr.gif

8bguzs.gif

8bgqat.gif

8bgpwy.gif

I followed a small meditation app today called Balance and it was really calming. 

Posted (edited)

Emdr therapy. 

What is SPD? 

Edited by Reena

White male cis middle class viewpoint. 

I didn't understand this comment. 

Re. "high-functioning burnout" vs. "low-functioning burnout": I quite like the phrases "compensated burnout" and "decompensating burnout" or "decompensated burnout." The verbiage of compensated and decompensated is borrowed from trauma medicine/emergency medicine (at least in the U.S.) and refers to whether the body is managing to cope with a severe loss of blood, also known as hypovolemic shock. Losing a lot of blood is always bad, but up to a certain point, the body can compensate for that blood loss by constricting the blood vessels (to maintain blood pressure as much as possible) and by pumping the heart faster -- like when a restaurant loses a member of the waitstaff in the middle of a dinner rush, so the remaining servers have to pick up the slack, so they walk faster, and maybe even run. This is compensated shock. It's stressful and we don't like it, but for the moment, all the cells (like customers) are still getting fed, at least enough to stay alive. A body, and a restaurant, can do this for a little while, as long as things get back to normal pretty soon. Decompensated shock is when there is so much blood loss that the other parts of the body that were picking up the slack, themselves don't have enough energy to do their compensatory activities. The heart can't pump faster because it isn't getting enough fuel to pump at all, and the vessels can't constrict because they're not getting any fuel, either. The body system collapses, and life functions cease soon thereafter. The restaurant cook quits, and the customers leave, unfed, nonetheless having shat in the stopped-up toilets and blown their noses on the table cloths. More importantly, they don't leave any tips.

When I was in compensated burnout for two years, I was in a bad way, but I managed to keep it hidden, and I went to work and did my job. I didn't have positive relationships or take very good care of myself, because I didn't have enough metaphorical blood supply to do everything, but rather just enough to drag myself out of bed and show up. Then I decompensated. I stopped showing up for work. I stopped getting out of bed. I stopped feeding myself. I had zero relationships at all. Eventually I attempted suicide and was hospitalized. (Don't worry, I'm better now

So, I like compensated/decompensated burnout because such language more accurately parallels the language used to describe the body's response to stress and trauma -- as opposed to functioning labels -- which, as you've talked about, Sam, have an unseemly history of locating the source of non-thriving entirely within the non-thriving individual, to the neglect of examining the effects that terrible circumstances and horrific experiences have on people. 

ACT therapy - being kind to yourself. 

We have a deep connection with God. We should keep it. 

Everything starts with an egg. Everything starts with a seed. A seed is hope. 

2nd day of my 5 day challenge begins. Yesterday I was feeling ill. Today is the time to take charge of my day. I have to organize as much as possible.

And I have to note down important things on my phone. Organize my phone as much as possible and use apps that are necessary. I have to read books as well. Perform my prayers. Record videos. Make presentations. I have a lot on my plate and I don't know where to begin and I feel disorganised as usual.

Posted (edited)

8bgq1e.gif

I was able to read 4 pages of a book. So that's an achievement. 

I give myself 5 rubies for it. 

Reward time - 8lnr56.gif

Edited by Reena

Auto-suggestion is a great way to mitigate certain symptoms of autism. I auto-suggest myself way beforehand so that my brain is ready to take on any challenge or sensory stimulus before it appears. I keep suggesting myself in advance to make my brain work faster. And I try hard to think like a neurotypical. Although all of this is masking behavior. 

The other technique that I'm going to incorporate today is visualization. Visualizing myself as being highly productive. 

Hi Babloo,

You may be struggling to figure out what your “One Big Thing” should be. There’s an easy way to decide. Just ask yourself this question: If you can only accomplish one thing today, what should it be? If you’re still not sure, write down a list of things that feel important enough to be your One Big Thing, and start eliminating from there.

Posted (edited)

28 categories. 

Category 1

Urgent tasks 

Category 2

Learning 

Category 3

Purchases and shopping 

Category 4

Hobbies

Category 5

Social media and engagements 

Category 6

Grooming 

Category 7

Cleaning 

Category 8

Sorting 

Category 9

Random and general 

Category 10

Health 

Category 11

Cooking and food 

Category 12 

Mental health 

Category 13 - na

Category 14 

Spirituality 

Category 15 

Empowerment 

Category 16 

Reading 

Category 17 

Skills and tutorials 

Category 18 

Major and minor problems and issues

Category 19 

Projects and job 

Category 20 

Art work 

Category 21 

Finances and handling 

Category 22

Personal growth 

Category 23 

Internet work

Category 24 

Pending tasks 

Category 25 

Additional unlisted categories 

Category

Spare 

Edited by Reena

This is June 11. The last day of the challenge and I feel like I achieved nothing. I also didn't keep a proper track of what I wanted to do. 

On 6/8/2024 at 9:29 AM, Reena said:

5 day challenge starts on 7th June. Ends on 11th June.