Let's Explore When Feeling is Key

Joseph Maynor

I think the idea that the Third Eye Chakra concerns intuition gets at this.  Your feeling seems to be your compass on some level.  How you feel is very complex and also simple, paradoxically.

Feeling contains a lot of intelligence counter-intuitively.  You wouldn't think so in the first instance; however, you might surprise yourself here and have a kind of realization.  I don't know and wouldn't necessarily know for you.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

For me feeling is more than emotions.  How I feel is intelligent on some level too.  Feeling is not entirely reducible to emotions.  That's a reduction.  There's a little bit of knowing in feeling and a little bit of feeling in knowing.  I think Spinoza was wrong to reduce feeling to body perturbations.  Feeling is just as important as thinking.  There's an interplay between them.  But on some level insights come from beyond these conceptual classifications too.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 2/3/2024 at 8:45 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

I think the idea that the Third Eye Chakra concerns intuition gets at this.  Your feeling seems to be your compass on some level.  How you feel is very complex and also simple, paradoxically.

Feeling contains a lot of intelligence counter-intuitively.  You wouldn't think so in the first instance; however, you might surprise yourself here and have a kind of realization.  I don't know and wouldn't necessarily know for you.  

The reason why you are so called alive is feeling and satisfaction.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."