I can't do it alone.

Blessed2

15 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

@Phil I can mindfully breathe right now... But the thought of "regular morning meditation practice" feels discordant.

"I will not be able to quiet the mind and feel serene. I will just start feeling worse."

But I can breathe mindfully now.

"But adopting a regular practice..."

Just start by moving, go for a walk, run, etc. Just move. 

♾️

On 5/25/2023 at 2:38 AM, Blessed2 said:

@Phil I just did the scale like this:

I am experiencing the emotion disappointment.

I am experiencing the emotion overwhelment.

I am experiencing the emotion impatience.

I am experiencing the emotion pessimism.

I am experiencing the emotion boredom.

I am experiencing the emotion contentment.

I am experiencing the emotion hopefulness.

I am experiencing the emotion optimism.

I am experiencing the emotion eagerness.

I am experiencing the emotion passion.

I am experiencing the emotion joy.

Not really even trying to feel the emotions or trying to get to joy, just starting where I'm at and walking forward from there and at each one mostly just noticing "yeah I can kinda remember how this one might feel" etc. Is this at least a step to the right direction?

I actually find doing the scale like this quite insightful. It helps to notice the subtle relief / how each vibration feels. And putting feeling first.

Today I got more familiar what "discouragement" points to. And the subtle (but very paramount) relief of boredom from pessimism.

There must be an effortless way.

On 5/25/2023 at 2:19 PM, Phil said:

Suggested Methods:

Daily morning meditation.

Daily use of an expression journal.

Aligned diet, one small change at a time. 

Inspect thoughts & beliefs, and contemplate truth. 

Create a dreamboard, see & use it daily. 

Use the emotional scale each day to align thought with feeling & create consciously.  

Receive & share the Message Freely.

These things really 'work '. I started a dreamboard and I'm shocked by how effective it is  . Also I'm trying to clean up my diet from all sugar and artificially sweetened products and it helped me actually improve my mood . ngl not eating sugar sucks at the first few days and will make you crash like a motherfucker because you are just used to get your fuel/energy from refinedsugar

. Meditations before bed instead of morning improved my quality of sleep. Etc 

I have a question though Why they have to be in this order ? Would it make any difference if I journal in the morning and Meditate in the evening? 

@Someone here 

Great to hear man. 🍻 

49 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Why they have to be in this order ?

They don’t. 🙂 

49 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Would it make any difference if I journal in the morning and Meditate in the evening? 

You’d have to see but from direct experience yes, huge difference. 

@Phil

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

You’d have to see but from direct experience yes, huge difference

my only struggle is with starting a journal.  Especially a public journal like here in the forum. Where other members get to read it .

All of the beautiful journals of others here  make it so hard to start. I see them EVERYWHERE..beautiful bullet journals.. complete daily pages . etc 

The constant fear of destroying a perfectly good journal haunts me. I’m not sure how to format my thoughts correctly.

Is it OK if I write complete garbage journals that talk about my lack of self esteem and addiction to various things etc ? Like it would read like a kid in a school first time learning how to write   😆 

21 minutes ago, Phil said:

They don’t. 🙂 

But you said to Blessed2  that they must be in this order. 

@Someone here

Journaling is expression, so it’s not about a result or what anyone else might think. It’s impossible to ‘get it wrong’.  Any journal will do (here, elsewhere, on paper etc). In any case it’s your journal, so yes, absolutely write whatever you want. The simplest way to go about it to type whatever thoughts arise. There doesn’t need to be any regard for punctuation, coherence, etc. If someone else has a problem (with it)… someone else has a problem. 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

But you said to Blessed2  that they must be in this order. 

I don’t recall saying they must be in any order. It might have been more in response to the methods ‘not working’, and consideration for if the methods are thought about or experienced. 

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

Suggested Methods:

Daily morning meditation.

Daily use of an expression journal.

Aligned diet, one small change at a time. 

Inspect thoughts & beliefs, and contemplate truth. 

Create a dreamboard, see & use it daily. 

Use the emotional scale each day to align thought with feeling & create consciously.  

Receive & share the Message Freely.

How they all work together is too much for typing but would be a great Zoom call discussion. But I do recommend employing all of the methods. They work with each other. 

Been meditating for the past few mornings and I do feel better!

Also listened to a youtube hypnosis healing video one night and something might have "clicked".

Just wondering about the role of the formal meditation posture. I've been doing it simply by lying on my back in my bed, right after waking up. I find it far more enjoyable than a formal posture. Easier to relax.

@Phil What's the formal posture about? Is there advantages to it?

@Blessed2 Awesome! This is what I did, I felt the same way at first. Try corpse pose, or just lying down on the floor, (not your bed) then sit up for the first and last few minutes and keep increasing the time sitting straight until you're sitting up the whole time. Do you have a blanket cushioning your legs and a meditation cushion? There are some great videos on YouTube with tips for posture and what cushions to use when to use them that might make a big difference too. 

Youtube Channel  

9 hours ago, Mandy said:

Do you have a blanket cushioning your legs and a meditation cushion?

Yeah I have a cushion... Though even a half-lotus pose is quite tough even with the cushion. Might be because of just not being that flexible in the hip area. If I sit, I usually do it in a kneeling position. Easier to keep a straight spine. 🤔

I've been feeling sooo much better now.

Started with 5min morning meditation. Now it's a bit over 10 minutes.

Been more active with the dreamboard too. Writing down all that feels good. Reading it every day. Thinking and feeling it's all coming.

Now spirituality, healing etc is all for fun. Used to be to get enlightened etc. But I don't care about that anymore like I used to. I don't even want to care. I want alignment. To hear and feel the voice of love.

One moment, one thought at a time. The end of suffering, the end of existential questioning... It's all about just one thought, one moment.

Daily meditation continues. It's really good. Going to keep it daily.

Some stuff seems to be uncovering, like blasting right in front of your face to be seen. For example alcohol use. Been drinking more, and the negative effects & how I don't really want constant drinking but alignment, and how it connects to pessimism, boredom, separate selvery have been showing up.

Alignment is being put first more and more. Without alignment I really have nothing. With alignment I have everything.

Been writing on the dreamboard and utilizing the focus wheel.