The emotional scale is fundamentally flawed.

Blessed2

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

but I think it’s worth considering that feeling (and therein emotion) is only experienced presently. That has a lot to do with the absence of the experience of what’s referred to as negative emotions. That is the ‘message’ or guidance of say worry, pessimism, powerlessness, etc most often. Maybe even always. 

In your worldview time is illusory. You deny the existence of past and future. But imo they exist .  And I know now you gonna say past and future are in thought ..instead of perception. Etc but to me that's both true and false .don't you have memories? Don't you plan for tomorrow's work ?

The future and the past   exist as Physical events. The dinner that you going to eat tonight (I assume it's day time now)  is a physical object from the future 😆.  The space between the digits in your clock is to calculate the present as it's constantly dying out. Ultimately the future IS the present. I dig that.. But.. Also.. It is not. 

People like me  know that the distinction between past.. present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.  Notice that.. When a illusion is persistent it becomes reality. The only reason you call your night time dreams illusion is because they don't last... That's what all of reality is.. A persistent illusion.. Future and past  is no exception. 

Why do you use a watch to calculate the illusion? Lol

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

But how do you know there is negative? There’s no evidence or proof, no one’s ever seen negative.

Also, isn’t it accurate that the way sadness and anger persist or continue to be experienced is via the labelling of / as ‘negative’, and the attributing of what’s felt to life (as the cause). What if there’s no assertion and it’s just how what I’m thinkin feels? What if life is utterly without condition?

I know it's negative directly via direct contact with the said experience. If someone hit me on the face..I will feel the negativity . 

However,  you are right in saying that they persist via labeling it and avoiding it . Instead of experiencing them fully .

But just tell me..if I took a saw and started slicing your skull into two halfs ...how can you possibly not experience the negativity of this experience? 

@Someone here

I wouldn’t say there’s time but it’s illusory, or there’s a past or future but deny their existence. It’s self-evident that there isn’t really time or a past or future. 

Yes, there’s an experience of memories, but only presently. 

The dinner that might be eaten tonight is also a present experience. 

If there really was time, there wouldn’t be clocks. That’s one way to verify dreaming. If there are clocks, it’s obviously a dream. 

A persistent illusion is still illusory, never becoming anything. 

Stubbornness can’t rightly be accredited to any source… especially an illusion. 

I wouldn’t say reality is an illusion. I’d say the illusion is that there is of a separate self, a ‘knower’, which knows reality is an illusion. 

33 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Why do you use a watch to calculate the illusion? Lol

‘Watch’ is a thought about perception. Perception is apparent. 

I know it's negative directly via direct contact with the said experience. If someone hit me on the face..I will feel the negativity . 

There’d be an experience of sensation, pain if you will, but negative would arise as thought. 

However,  you are right in saying that they persist via labeling it and avoiding it . Instead of experiencing them fully .

I wouldn’t say a they does. 

But just tell me..if I took a saw and started slicing your skull into two halfs ...how can you possibly not experience the negativity of this experience? 

Not two. 

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

I wouldn’t say there’s time but it’s illusory, or there’s a past or future but deny their existence. It’s self-evident that there isn’t really time or a past or future. 

Is the now moving or still?  What do you call the constant movement of experience? 

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yes, there’s an experience of memories, but only presently

And that proves that there wasn't a past ? Yes of course the memory is a thought occuring now . But what's the cause of its occurrence if not corresponding to the experience of past ?

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

The dinner that might be eaten tonight is also a present experience

In that it's a thought?  So it has no actuality right now ..but will have tonight .in the future..right? 

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

If there really was time, there wouldn’t be clocks. That’s one way to verify dreaming. If there are clocks, it’s obviously a dream. 

I didn't get it .please elaborate. 

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

I wouldn’t say reality is an illusion. I’d say the illusion is that there is of a separate self, a ‘knower’, which knows reality is an illusion. 

I say it's illusory because I couldn't find a difference between reality and illusion . Like a difference between a dream and this waking experience. 

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Is the now moving or still? 

Since there isn’t a past or future there also isn’t a now. 

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What do you call the constant movement of experience? 

Nothing. Apparent. 

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

And that proves that there wasn't a past ?

It’s like ‘proving there isn’t a unicorn’. It’s not really a matter of proof. Anyone can inspect. 

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes of course the memory is a thought occuring now . But what's the cause of its occurrence if not corresponding to the experience of past ?

There is no causation. Since there is no experience of a past, that would be an experience of an assumption. 

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

In that it's a thought? 

Yeah. 

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So it has no actuality right now ..but will have tonight .in the future..right? 

No, there is no future. Whenever anyone checks, is it past, present or future… it’s always the Present. 

16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I didn't get it .please elaborate

You have to check a clock of some sort to ‘know what time it is’. The only reason there are clocks is because there isn’t actually time. 

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I say it's illusory because I couldn't find a difference between reality and illusion . Like a difference between a dream and this waking experience

It seems like you find lots of differences. Not that there’s anything wrong with it. 

Whatever you are experiencing, feel it fully, experience it fully! then you can move on... or it always subtly lingers in the background of the unaddressed.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.