Is life easy or difficult?

Someone here

2 hours ago, Mandy said:

@Blessed2 No response to that at all? 

I'm not sure how to answer. Often when I read your posts I get a weird sense, like we're not on the same page. Like we're not resonating for some reason. Like a fog. Then I feel quite strong pessimism. It makes me want to kinda just hide.

I'm sorry if something about me or my actions are frustrating to you. I understand if you feel that way.

There's something odd at play here because when I saw you asked this question about no response I felt a sudden sort of depression. You know how in Harry Potter it is said that when dementors do the face thing, one feels as if "all joy has disappeared from the world". I felt like that. Not saying you're a dementor to me btw. 😂 Just trying to describe the odd feeling. This is perhaps uncovering something for me.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

9 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

like we're not on the same page

Why do you need to be on the same page? “Seek first to understand and then to be understood”

Do you think you need people to agree with you in order for it to be interesting for you? (Just a question not an attack)

10 minutes ago, Rose said:

Why do you need to be on the same page? “Seek first to understand and then to be understood”

What I meant by "being on the same page" is like speaking the same language. If we're not on the "same page", it's impossible to have a conversation that leads somewhere. Like a fog, I don't see the horizon.

10 minutes ago, Rose said:

Do you think you need people to agree with you in order for it to be interesting for you? (Just a question not an attack)

I'm not sure. In fact, I'm not even sure if Mandy and I agree or disagree. 🤔

Edited by Blessed2

26 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I'm not sure how to answer. Often when I read your posts I get a weird sense, like we're not on the same page. Like we're not resonating for some reason. Like a fog. Then I feel quite strong pessimism. It makes me want to kinda just hide.

I'm sorry if something about me or my actions are frustrating to you. I understand if you feel that way.

There's something odd at play here because when I saw you asked this question about no response I felt a sudden sort of depression. You know how in Harry Potter it is said that when dementors do the face thing, one feels as if "all joy has disappeared from the world". I felt like that. Not saying you're a dementor to me btw. 😂 Just trying to describe the odd feeling. This is perhaps uncovering something for me.

I love this. I love the communication of this, I really don't take offense to it at all, I love your honesty, even if I get compared with a dementor (not taking it personally 😂). That's what this place is here for, that's what I'm here for. But yes it frustrates me because it's like we're having this great game of tennis (as a metaphor for communication) and I hit the ball back perfectly and you just let it bounce off the court, and then walk off the court and leave. I mean to be fair, that's 100% your right, you are not obligated to reply, but I'm just standing here like, "WTF?" we had an awesome game going there, I wanted it to continue. My reply you replied to was not addressed to you, you took issue with it, you came at me, and you expressed and I was like "heck yes!" expressed back and now you're just walking off the court. I'm confused is all. You don't frustrate me, the lack of communication follow through does. 

13 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

What I meant by "being on the same page" is like speaking the same language. If we're not on the "same page", it's impossible to have a conversation that leads somewhere. Like a fog, I don't see the horizon.

The pessimism is being believed, it's impossible for this conversation to be worthwhile. That feels bad. Thoughts about me, how I am, how you are, blah blah. EXPRESS THEM THEN. 

JUST HIT THE BALL BACK. 😂 I don't care what comes back at me. Really, I don't as long as it's honest. 

Youtube Channel  

13 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Yea I get that, I made a comment before about them speaking cryptic language and I don’t understand why Mandy and Phil do it. It also makes me feel as if I am off a rollercoaster when talking to them. 

@Rose Most conversations are based on prior assumption, awakening/nonduality, whatever you like to call it, is about questioning those prior assumptions. It feels very off at first, it feels very much like after ice skating for a full hour and putting on your shoes and trying to walk normally again, or getting off a boat, and walking on solid ground, but because you know walking that way is natural, you never doubt that it's going to feel normal within a few minutes. It will feel more natural and normal to communicate this way than any way you have EVER communicated. It's communication without all the pretense and crap that feels awful. A sense of fun and curiosity, like you're Alice in Wonderland is very key. Even Alice gets really pissed off with all the nonsense often, and that's completely fine, natural and normal too. 😁

Youtube Channel  

The creative "part of the brain" so to speak is not typically engaged in writing, language or communication in our culture EXCEPT in novels, stories, poetry, song lyrics, etc. The way we communicate does not pretend or acknowledge that that separation exists, it does not try to abide by restrictions that don't apply. 

Youtube Channel  

17 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Rose Most conversations are based on prior assumption, awakening/nonduality, whatever you like to call it, is about questioning those prior assumptions. It feels very off at first, it feels very much like after ice skating for a full hour and putting on your shoes and trying to walk normally again, or getting off a boat, and walking on solid ground, but because you know walking that way is natural, you never doubt that it's going to feel normal within a few minutes. It will feel more natural and normal to communicate this way than any way you have EVER communicated. It's communication without all the pretense and crap that feels awful. A sense of fun and curiosity, like you're Alice in Wonderland is very key. Even Alice gets really pissed off with all the nonsense often, and that's completely fine, natural and normal too. 😁

But people don’t understand you. Do you truly WANT to help people? For that they need to understand you 

The feeling of being off the rollercoaster is not a good feeling. It makes you feel discouraged and kind of “why did I even do it in the first place”

You could say to someone “dude/chick you’re speaking off your ego” and that is quite clear. Or you could say “thought uses the creations of thy heard as of thought has seen experience such as of thought own” which makes though feel nauseous and more confused. 

Not everyone likes poetry. I personally never liked it.

Also for many people English is not their mother tongue. It adds another layer of complications for them when they have to decode it.

Edited by Rose

@Rose Understanding is the root of the not good feeling. The need to be understood is suffering. It's the endless attempt to understand rather than feel the resonance of, or be ok with not knowing. From that the sense that you're truly seen as you've never been seen before arises. I read Jesus's sayings and parables time after time as a kid and didn't get them, but the questions I asked then were far more powerful than my trying to force an understanding there and then while my eyes were on the page. Some of those questions were like throwing out boomerangs that took two decades to return, but the epiphany that returned was far more preferable to trying to force an understanding. It's not gonna take you that long at all, I promise, just let go of the need to get it and it'll make more sense. 

28 minutes ago, Rose said:

You could say to someone “dude/chick you’re speaking off your ego” and that is quite clear. 

Because so often people will read language like that through the lens of shame. That's an utter miscommunication of the message that there is no one there that could be lacking. 

Not everyone likes poetry. I personally never liked it.

I used to not like song lyrics, or poetry, never listened to lyrics or paid attention and then at some point this changed entirely. Personal dislikes are such a waste of things that do delight.

Also for many people English is not their mother tongue. It adds another layer of complications for them when they have to decode it.

I sympathize with that, and I have so much respect for everyone here not speaking their first language. If you have specific suggestions for how to be more clear, let me know. I try not to use common English figures of speech but sometimes just write in the flow and they come out. I do try to be mindful of that though. 

Youtube Channel  

16 hours ago, Mandy said:

JUST HIT THE BALL BACK. 😂 I don't care what comes back at me. Really, I don't as long as it's honest. 

The LoA stuff, thrill of desire, getting what you want in life etc, it's a distraction. Focusing on making life work, making dreams like money, cars, travels, relationships, carreers etc. come true is a distraction and no true happiness lies anywhere in it.

The world of time, space, beginnings and endings is an illusion. It's a dream. And not just any dream, it's nightmarish. A million bucks or not, a hot partner or not. Everything in this world you will eventually lose and it will die.

LoA in a sense that contrast, life, time, space, and body is some sort of a God's plan for you to experience things and stuff you desire and be a conscious creator of things and stuff is not "it". God did not create time, space or a body.

That's IMO just bad advice for this thread and it's not the peace & happiness @Someone here is looking for.

Better advice for this thread would be: the world is a nightmarish dream. No true happiness will be found in anything in life or the world, because all of this is a dream of a mind that is basically broken and insane. Look at the world as the pile of shit it is, and see you do not really want any of it. Heal your mind and see that the world and life never even existed.

LoA as Abraham Hicks etc. present it, is focusing on desires, getting what you want in the world. That ain't true peace, it puts focus in the wrong place. Spending your time trying to manifest things of desire in the world will not do. The peace all of us is seeking lies in noticing the world is not real.

This quote came to mind:

“If I speak; I tell a lie. Yet if I remain silent, I am a coward.”
- Unknown

Edited by Blessed2

@Blessed2 No one is denying that pessimism feels like a relief from frustration. But keep letting go. Have you ever tried to drive a stick shift/standard car? You can't just shift from first gear straight to five. Two is the natural progression from one, and so on, the path of least resistance, one step at a time.  But if you're in the first gear, thinking that the fifth gear is wrong or dangerous is a total lack of appreciation for the fun of driving a car. 

55 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Better advice for this thread would be: the world is a nightmarish dream. No true happiness will be found in anything in life or the world, because all of this is a dream of a mind that is basically broken and insane. Look at the world as the pile of shit it is, and see you do not really want any of it. Heal your mind and see that the world and life never even existed.

Because unconditional love is already what everything is made of, I need not seek outside myself for my worth or satisfaction. I may choose to create and express that which I am for sheer delight and the praise of creating. It feels so natural, so enthralling, it isn't even a choice. I don't need to do it, just allow the cork to rise. 

Youtube Channel  

5 minutes ago, Mandy said:

You can't just shift from first gear straight to five. Two is the natural progression from one, and so on, the path of least resistance, one step at a time.  But if you're in the first gear, thinking that the fifth gear is wrong or dangerous is a total lack of appreciation for the fun of driving a car. 

This feels very off.

@Blessed2 Likely because it feels like I'm trying to negate your experience of pessimism feeling a relief. I'm not trying to do that. Have a pity party. I have them all the time. But it's a temporary solution, eventually it's time to clean up all the cookie crumbs after the party. This too shall pass. Even the idea that there's no world is a pile of shit, and doesn't exist, this too will pass. 

Youtube Channel  

11 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Have you ever tried to drive a stick shift/standard car? You can't just shift from first gear straight to five.

It's cool that you mentioned this because what I'm talking about here is basically ACIM and I've been describing how 'finding' this path has been is more like changing the car, not the gear.

Like a change from a small city toyota to a supercar. A bigger engine. You can feel how the car responds as you press the gas pedal. So much more power.