6 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Jonas Long  Glorifying it or saying it's necessary completely destroys all good intentions behind any change and is very disempowering.

Try and find one case of a systemically oppressed minority successfully restoring their basic rights that were taken away without a fair to large amount of violence.  I'm not glorifying it or claiming it's absolutely necessary.  But as far as I can see it's yet to happen.  I hope it does, or can. 

Edited by Jonas Long

6 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

"The campaign was halted at the outbreak of war in August 1914 without having brought about votes for women, as suffragettes pledged to pause the campaign to aid the war effort."

It didn't even begin to work though. But sure, take someone's rights, and see what happens. Doesn't mean it's a helpful or necessary means of getting what you want if your rights are taken. It's acting out the emotion of revenge, which is indeed an emotion, and any action taken from that will be like taking a bike to go from Florida to Alaska when you could just wait an hour for your plane to board. 

Youtube Channel  

1 minute ago, Mandy said:

"The campaign was halted at the outbreak of war in August 1914 without having brought about votes for women, as suffragettes pledged to pause the campaign to aid the war effort."

It didn't even begin to work though. But sure, take someone's rights, and see what happens. Doesn't mean it's a helpful or necessary means of getting what you want if your rights are taken. It's acting out the emotion of revenge, which is indeed an emotion, and any action taken from that will be like taking a bike to go from Florida to Alaska when you could just wait an hour for your plane to board. 

Was slavery ending only a plane ride away and we just decided to have a war instead?  Would that have been resolved any time soon without  civil war? 

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Do you think slavery would have ever gone away without a civil war? 

There is one black guy from the 1800's buried in the old cemetery by my house. His stone reads "The War of the Rebellion brought Freedom to the Slaves". 

That's what happened. 

The rebels started that war to free themselves from the tyranny of the North. Talk about karma. Talk about projection. It will play out. It will always play out. The least of these is the greatest of these. Knowing your power, even when you're being beaten, the vibrational alignment meant by the metaphor of turning the other cheek, is the only way to board the plane. 

Youtube Channel  

There is one black guy from the 1800's buried in the old cemetery by my house. His stone reads "The War of the Rebellion brought Freedom to the Slaves". 

That's what happened. 

The rebels started that war to free themselves from the tyranny of the North. Talk about karma. It will play out. It will always play out. The least of these is the greatest of these. Knowing your power, even when you're being beaten, turning the other cheek, is the only way to board the plane. 

Regardless of which side started the war, how long do you think slavery would have persisted without it happening?  I don't think all cheek turning in the world was getting that particular plane off the ground, not any time soon anyway.

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

Regardless of which side started the war, how long do you think slavery would have persisted without it happening?  I don't think all cheek turning in the world was getting that particular plane off the ground, not any time soon anyway.

You missed the magic in that the South's projection is what sped up the nonaction of the slaves in getting exactly what they wanted more powerfully than anyone there. The power of your desire is the most important factor. Aligned desire cannot be refused. All other power is illusory. To fight it is to give it credit. 

Youtube Channel  

I agree with Mandy.

Though there is no "should" to it. Somethings a bit off when it was said in that video "but it's so hard". 🤔

And there is no others minds to take care of. Only your own so to speak. This is probably the key to the alignment Mandy talks about.

Saying stuff like "you're projecting" is... Projection. 😂

There must be an effortless way.

You missed the magic in that the South's projection is what sped up the nonaction of the slaves in getting exactly what they wanted more powerfully than anyone there. The power of your desire is the most important factor. Aligned desire cannot be refused. All other power is illusory. To fight it is to give it credit. 

"Nonaction of the slaves"? 🤦‍♂️

I understand that the catalyst was the action of the aggressor, my only point is it happened one way or another.  And if it weren't for the horrible violence of it all happening slavery would have persisted much longer.  Retaliatory violence that results in restoring rights to a degree or moving the goal post forward still counts as violence and so far has been seen to be fairly indispensable in matters of restoring rights to a minority. 

Just now, Jonas Long said:

"Nonaction of the slaves"? 🤦‍♂️

You can't have a clear and vulnerable conversation, because you shame people for not saying things the right way. We will NEVER EVER say things "the right way". We will always say dumb shit, and believe dumb shit, and that's the benefit of the conversation. If you can't love the other as yourself, there is no conversation. 

YES, NONACTION. You take that as an offense, when it is not, because ACTION IS NOT INHERENTLY SMART, ACTION IS NOT INHERENTLY GOOD and action doesn't even lead to results. That's a belief. 

3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I understand that the catalyst was the action of the aggressor, my only point is it happened one way or another.  And if it weren't for the horrible violence of it all happening slavery would have persisted much longer.  Retaliatory violence that results in restoring rights to a degree or moving the goal post forward still counts as violence and so far has been seen to be fairly indispensable in matters of restoring rights to a minority. 

"You" do not want to be the catalyst or the vindictor, or the hero of karma. Karma does as karma does. Karma cannot do to another, only to itSelf. 

One more time, you do NOT WANT to be the self appointed cause or catalyst or karma. You do not want to take that "upon yourself."

Karma is no one, and it is the only power that is. 

Youtube Channel  

As crazy or even insensitive it sounds, the only "use" for conversations like this is to heal yourself.

"When you meet anyone, remember it is a holy encounter. As you see him you will see yourself. As you treat him you will treat yourself. As you think of him you will think of yourself. Never forget this, for in him you will find yourself or lose yourself. Whenever two Sons of God meet, they are given another chance at salvation. Do not leave anyone without giving salvation to him and receiving it yourself." (ACIM)

Funny how there is already an "our" in the middle of "yourself".

There must be an effortless way.

7 minutes ago, Mandy said:

You can't have a clear and vulnerable conversation, because you shame people for not saying things the right way. We will NEVER EVER say things "the right way". We will always say dumb shit, and believe dumb shit, and that's the benefit of the conversation. If you can't love the other as yourself, there is no conversation. 

YES, NONACTION. You take that as an offense, when it is not, because ACTION IS NOT INHERENTLY SMART, ACTION IS NOT INHERENTLY GOOD and action doesn't even lead to results. That's a belief. 

The thing is, they were pretty active actually in trying to escape from slavery.  Harriet Tubman, the underground railroad etc.  

24 minutes ago, Mandy said:

You can't have a clear and vulnerable conversation, because you shame people for not saying things the right way. We will NEVER EVER say things "the right way". We will always say dumb shit, and believe dumb shit, and that's the benefit of the conversation. 

Sorry.  I have negative self talk(obviously).

18 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

The thing is, they were pretty active actually in trying to escape from slavery.  Harriet Tubman, the underground railroad etc.  

Yes, to be fair, that's very true. It's just that slaves did not wage the war themselves, and the war wasn't about slavery, it was about pride and a lot of other things.

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Sorry.  I have negative self talk(obviously).

I appreciate your point of view, I appreciate that you wake me up to using better language and saying things in a better way because I really, really do care about that a lot. You just maybe could be a bit less harsh about it? I'd still get the message, I promise.

Youtube Channel  

8 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

If you're too fucking dense to see the problem with conversion therapy, you're probably a complete waste of my time.

However, out of compassion for the intellectually challenged, I will say this:

Being transgender is not a disorder of any kind or a problem which needs to be solved. The way people choose to express themselves is none of your fucking business. If you think it is, you're the problem.

Please get over yourself.

1. Nowhere did I state that conversion therapy isnt a problem.

2. Nowhere did I state that being transgender is a disorder, although according to the scientific literature there are disorders which can lead to a person becoming transgender.

3. Nowhere did I state that the way people express themselves is my business.

What I will say is that you have perfectly encapsulated the stereotype of the hysterical ideologue who is incapable of rational good faith conversation - I think it is people like YOU who are “the problem”.

My YouTube channel - Adeptus Psychonautica