Solipsism vs idealism vs realism

13 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Its very liberating indeed.  It sets you free because you can get so lost in thought without ever realizing it was a mind game you were playing.   But to break out of the game - well, that is something else indeed.  And then the power can be used almost at will.  Lucidity, if you will.  However in this it also realized how scary the fact that it is all illusory- all created by your hungry and passionate mind.  A mind hungry to invent - to create a reality where you are a character in a show - a character that can feel pain, and love, and hate. A character that can argue on a spiritual forum claiming there aren't any characters.  

But then - you can wake yourself back up - and come back to the realization that these were all just a collection of thoughts.  You know when you do this though, that it will all end.   So maybe you decide to stay lost - and to forget that thoughts are what create reality.  And you go back to glorifying the atom.

@bnyland See? Very different ‘pointings’. 

46 minutes ago, Phil said:

@bnyland

Yes. That was just funny. 

Solipsism, like any ism or any teachers or teaching styles, is ‘just‘ the activity of thought. 

It’s not someone holding back, it’s that it’s conceptual. 

‘There is no liberation until the nature of thoughts is seen’, is of course also… conceptual. 🙂

All there is is liberation. No one ‘s ever liberated. 

It’s not that ‘most people don’t know what thoughts are’, it’s that there’s no knower (that there are ‘people’, which realize or have awakenings etc). 

What the individual can’t grasp is that there already isn’t one. 

Jesus christ! 

Gotta lessen listening to Jim Newman and Tony Parsons budd.

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Jesus christ! 

Gotta lessen listening to Jim Newman and Tony Parsons budd.

It's actually true the way its seen here also. You don't need Jim Newman telling you anything. 

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

@Someone here

That’s the (experiential, pointings wise) difference. On one hand there’s a teacher, or, someone who gets it, someone who awakened or is enlightened or has a higher level of consciousness… someone who knows, someone who has an understanding… and thus it seems there is someone (else), a separate individual, which hasn’t got it yet, hasn’t reached it, doesn’t know, doesn’t understand,  hasn’t increased their consciousness enough (yet!). The purporting (that there even is, or, that one is a teacher or someone who gets it or is awake) is deception, which perpetuates rumination (trying to know, trying to understand, etc). There isn’t anyone who gets any thing or any thing to get already (liberation). There’s isn’t a future (rumination) in which any thing (rumination) could be got. The ‘difference’ in ‘terms’ of wellbeing, aliveness, ‘energy’, heaven is astounding (for happiness / no one). There’s only neo-advaita, isms, teachers and or teaching style, or any separate thing, for the (‘ego’) illusory experience of there being a separate individual (conditioning). Appearance is only illusion for the illusory individual. 

@Faith @Phil

This style of teaching  is ineffective.. because so many of the “non-dual teachers” are living in a simulation of awakening. 

To not put too fine a point on it..  there is simply no traction on human problems in just repeating “there is no you” in different ways.

And part of the problem is that you (and many others) are trying to use this no self stuff as an escape from the human sphere instead of actively engaging it as the actual jet-fuel for the journey… you’re in this human incarnation to master your human issues, not to get off the planet before you’re truly on it.

The authentic non-dual teachers I’m familiar with are Adyashanti .Rupert Spira, Leo.  They don't just teach that there is no you .they teach that you are the entire existence. 

You =everything. 

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Faith @Phil

This style of teaching  is ineffective.. because so many of the “non-dual teachers” are living in a simulation of awakening. 

To not put too fine a point on it..  there is simply no traction on human problems in just repeating “there is no you” in different ways.

And part of the problem is that you (and many others) are trying to use this no self stuff as an escape from the human sphere instead of actively engaging it as the actual jet-fuel for the journey… you’re in this human incarnation to master your human issues, not to get off the planet before you’re truly on it.

The authentic non-dual teachers I’m familiar with are Adyashanti .Rupert Spira, Leo.  They don't just teach that there is no you .they teach that you are the entire existence. 

You =everything. 

Maybe his teachings will evolve.  Leo fell off the map though because of his overuse of psychedelics.   When he started believing it is an alien mind that is when it was realized that he was never truly enlightened to begin with.  He used drugs to reach mystical states- but it is like accessing a bunch of cheat codes.  It is not an authentic awakening.   There are none to currently rival his material up to the infinity of Gods video.  Beyond that it became a hodgepodge. 

Edited by Robed Mystic

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Faith @Phil

This style of teaching  is ineffective (for “me”).. because so many of the “non-dual teachers” (which are not “me”) are living in a simulation of awakening. 

To not put too fine a point on it..  there is simply no traction on human problems (doesn’t solve “my” problems) in just repeating  “there is no you” in different ways.

And part of the problem (“my” problem) is that you (which is not “me”) (and many others (which are not “me”)) are trying to use this no self (which to “me” is a concept) stuff as an escape from the human sphere (which “I’m” in) instead of actively engaging it as the actual jet-fuel for the journey … you’re (which is not “me”) in (in the body, like “me”)  this human incarnation to master your human issues (like “me”), not to get off the planet before you’re truly on it (like “me”).

The authentic (because “I know”, “I am the knower”) non-dual teachers I’m familiar with are Adyashanti .Rupert Spira, Leo (teachers, which are not “me”).  They (which are not “me”) don't just teach that there is no you (“me!”) .they teach that you (not them, a separate self) are the entire existence. 

You (“me”) =everything. (the “me” which is “every thing”)

9 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Maybe his teachings will evolve.  Leo fell off the map though because of his overuse of psychedelics.   When he started believing it is an alien mind that is when it was realized that he was never truly enlightened to begin with.  He used drugs to reach mystical states- but it is like accessing a bunch of cheat codes.  It is not an authentic awakening.   There are none to currently rival his material up to the infinity of Gods video.  Beyond that it became a hodgepodge. 

He promised that he's gonna film his transformation into an alien in one of his videos .but he didn't fulfill his promise just yet . 

But honestly..just take a quick look at the titles of his videos ..he seems to be figured out a huge portion of reality . He can talk for hours on end about Infinity and Love and Consciousness and all that stuff . Do you think he just faking it?  Definitely not . Although I do disagree with him about some stuff .but he is legitimate awake in my book . Real talk real talk .

9 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Maybe his teachings (which is / are not “me”) will evolve.  Leo (not “me”) fell off the map though because of his overuse of psychedelics (not “me”).   When he (not “me”) started believing it (not “me”) is an alien mind that is when it (not “me”) was realized (by “me”) that he (not “me”) was never truly enlightened (like “me”) to begin with (like “me” “in time”).  He (not “me”) used drugs to reach mystical states (which are not “me”) - but it is like (“me”) accessing a bunch of cheat codes (not”me”).  It (not “me”) is not an authentic awakening (unlike “my awakening”).   There are none (not “me”) to currently rival his (not “me”)  material up to the infinity (not “me”) of Gods (Not “me”) video.  Beyond that it (not “me”) became a hodgepodge. 

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

He promised that he's gonna film his transformation into an alien in one of his videos .but he didn't fulfill his promise just yet . 

But honestly..just take a quick look at the titles of his videos ..he seems to be figured out a huge portion of reality . He can talk for hours on end about Infinity and Love and Consciousness and all that stuff . Do you think he just faking it?  Definitely not . Although I do disagree with him about some stuff .but he (which is a teacher and thus is not “me”) is legitimate awake in my book . Real talk real talk .

“Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive”. - Sir Walter Scott,

“The ego is your enemy, not your friend. It is the ego that gives you wounds and hurts you. It is the ego that makes you violent, angry, jealous, competitive. It is the ego that is continuously comparing and feeling miserable. - Osho”

(Ego = separate self)

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Phil grow up. 

The individual can not grasp that there is already no individual. 

Colloquially… just think about it, what’s believed to be wanted?

Childlike ease, effortlessness, wonder, awe, timelessness, selflessness, problemlessness, carefreeness, lightheartedness, joy, peace, love, freedom, innocence, goodness, unadulterated… unabashed… wakefulness.  

“No self, no problem”. 

“It doesn’t matter what I say - as long as I sing with inflection that make’s you feel I’ll convey some inner truth of vast reflection. But I’ll take nothing so far, and I can keep it up as long as it takes. It don’t matter who you are, if I’m doin my job it’s your resolve that breaks, because the hook brings you back. I ain’t telling you no lie. The hook brings you back; on that you can rely”.

- Blues Traveller

(get it? Blues Traveller…?) 

No self, no blues. 

But indeed, the hook brings you back.

There is no thing to add to what is already whole & perfect, but the illusory individual aims to do just that… to fix a self, to solve the problems of an illusory self which is no more than the activity of thoughts, same as ‘the problems’. 

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But honestly..just take a quick look at the titles of his videos ..he seems to be figured out a huge portion of reality . He can talk for hours on end about Infinity and Love and Consciousness and all that stuff . Do you think he just faking it?  Definitely not . Although I do disagree with him about some stuff .but he is legitimate awake in my book . Real talk real talk .

To this day it is the most baffling thing I have ever encountered.   His stuff is so on point - so on point.  He was able to gather the best stuff from all of the greatest philosophers of all time - and the greatest spiritual teachers of all time - and he was able to discover what reality truly is - at its core.  I should have included all of the greatest scientists and physicists of all time.  Because some of them, in the end, became mystics.  Anyway - he was able to assemble all of this and actually get to the root of reality.  And yet, somehow, he didn't awaken.    I will always struggle to understand how this is possible with his stuff being so good and so deep.  And yet - it was.  His thirst for understanding went too far - to the point of madness.  This is only because of genetics.  Psychedelics took him to places where he could confirm what he gathered, but it was not true enlightenment.   True enlightenment must be natural and free.

Edited by Robed Mystic

21 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Until you have come full circle to realize that, you must separate ego and Truth.    The nothing part happens only when you realize there was never any difference.  Phil is stuck in the difference  

There’s no separate self (Phil) stuck in any thing. Differences are apparent thoughts. Awareness, Self, is never in thoughts. There’s experientially a full circle, but no one who’s come full circle or realized anything, or which is a third self separating ego & Truth. Wiggle the fingers, notice as awareness (ineffable magic), there’s no such thing as “stuck”. 

Defamation is prohibited in the guidelines

11 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Until you have come full circle to realize that, you must separate ego and Truth.    The nothing part happens only when you realize there was never any difference.  Phil is stuck in the difference  

lol no.  There never is/was/will be/can be/could be separation.  Your fantasy is you've accomplished some spiritual feat, but you're just sitting in a bathtub smelling your own farts, metaphysically speaking.