Solipsism vs idealism vs realism

On 4/27/2023 at 9:31 AM, Someone here said:

There are many different kinds of philosophical Metaphysical worldviews regarding the existence of reality objectively that I want to discuss and flesh out truth from falsehood about. 

1-Solipsism : claims that the world is dependent on minds. That is, there is no external world outside of your mind going on, or the minds of other people. 

think of solipsism as the whole world being your own dream. Everyone is a character in your mind. They aren't real people. They are just fictions your mind is generating for its own amusement.

2-Idealism :  Think of  idealism as the whole world being the matrix. There are other, real, people, but the realities outside their minds are illusions, there are no objects external to the shared consciousness going on.

Most people these days are not solipsists or idealists, because the probability that either is true is rather low. 

3-Realism : there exists an external objective reality that is independent of your mind. When you die or fall asleep, the world remains in existence. Unfortunately thre is no way to prove that this is correct.. Since the only apparatus you have to interact with reality is conscious experience. And so you can't verify that the content of your conscious experience really exists when you cease being conscious of it.

Let's get a discussion going about these three worldviews. 

Idealism and Solipsism are a duality that collapses.  But - note that both are language trying to capture reality.   Also note that it is not ego Solipsism but Absolute Solipsism.   While God or Consciousness can have human qualities, Consciousness will shatter the human barrier.  This is ego death and God Consciousness.  So Solipsism by its traditional definition is not a true picture of of God or reality.

16 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

Idealism and Solipsism are a duality that collapses.  But - note that both are language trying to capture reality.   Also note that it is not ego Solipsism but Absolute Solipsism.   While God or Consciousness can have human qualities, Consciousness will shatter the human barrier.  This is ego death and God Consciousness.  So Solipsism by its traditional definition is not a true picture of of God or reality.

If you could copy & paste or link the new, non-traditional definition of solipsism which is the true picture of God or reality here that would be most clarifying.

This seems to be the newest definition…

A theory holding that the self can know nothing but its own modifications and that the self is the only existent thing: extreme egocentrism, solipsist.

https://www.google.com/search?q=definition+of+absolute+solipsism&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

On 4/29/2023 at 8:58 AM, Phil said:

If you could copy & paste or link the new, non-traditional definition of solipsism which is the true picture of God or reality here that would be most clarifying.

This seems to be the newest definition…

A theory holding that the self can know nothing but its own modifications and that the self is the only existent thing: extreme egocentrism, solipsist.

https://www.google.com/search?q=definition+of+absolute+solipsism&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

I couldn't because it is not a theory- it is simply what is.  What is is Absolute.   So perhaps just take out the word Solipsism when trying to capture the Absolute.   The reason I used "Absolute Solipsism" is to point out that what is being experienced right now by no one, is the only thing that is.  Only the present moment IS.  Nothing exists outside of that.  You think you are sitting in a room right now - you are not.  Because their ain't a you, or a room.  All are thoughts.   What also is a thought is an objective reality.   Everything is a thought, without exception, and thoughts are nothing,  existing nowhere...As you are nothing and nowhere as well.

Edited by Robed Mystic

53 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

I couldn't because it is not a theory

Ism

noun

1. A distinctive doctrine, cause, or theory.

2. An oppressive and especially discriminatory attitude or belief.

You’re just avoiding the truth and not meeting people where they’re at. Kinda living in your own bubble. If you persist with your neo-advaitan teaching style of ‘it’s just a thought’ we’re gonna have a problem and I’m gonna have to ask you to leave. 

22 hours ago, Phil said:

Ism

noun

1. A distinctive doctrine, cause, or theory.

2. An oppressive and especially discriminatory attitude or belief.

You’re just avoiding the truth and not meeting people where they’re at. Kinda living in your own bubble. If you persist with your neo-advaitan teaching style of ‘it’s just a thought’ we’re gonna have a problem and I’m gonna have to ask you to leave. 

Cute.

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Robed Mystic 😂 

I’m just outta patience for you. 

🙏🤍

For realz though, absolute solipsism is conceptual. Leave the garbage at the dump. 

Maybe you're holding on too tight - perhaps a walk in the park and a few days away might offer some reprieve...but you are reminding me of someone you don't wanna be...remember him?  Keep things open.  When you leave little space for free thought, things get, well, controlling.   If you want that to be the type of place this is..so be it.   

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

For realz though, absolute solipsism is conceptual. Leave the garbage at the dump. 

Everything we talk about here is conceptual.  

Edited by Robed Mystic

12 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Maybe you're holding on too tight - perhaps a walk in the park and a few days away might offer some reprieve...but you are reminding me of someone you don't wanna be...remember him?  Keep things open.  When you leave little space for free thought, things get, well, controlling.   If you want that to be the type of place this is..so be it.   

Or… humor can be appreciated. 

13 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Everything we talk about here is conceptual.  

Take some time away, allow that to untangle. 

15 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

I say nay.   

The horse says nay. Aww..  @Jonas Long beat me to it.

Did anyone notice in one of the act.org awakening videos, (possibly the Amazon delivery guy one, I can't remember) when Leo says "there's something I don't want to show you" and immediately moves the camera to show a golden horse head statue? Was completely unconscious on his part. 

Youtube Channel  

4 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Did anyone notice in one of the act.org awakening videos, (possibly the Amazon delivery guy one, I can't remember) when Leo says "there's something I don't want to show you" and immediately moves the camera to show a golden horse head statue? Was completely unconscious on his part. 

I could never make it through those entire videos...I wonder what he didn't want to show, maybe his butt-drug rig? 

The horse motif here reminds me of the movie Sorry to Bother you. 

On 5/4/2023 at 10:46 AM, Mandy said:

@Jonas Long@mandy nay is old English for no.