how to keep your mind sharp always everyday?

Isagi Yoichi

1 hour ago, Omar Osama said:

Yoga

Yoga is literally designed to clarify / purify the mind.

honey

Honey is high in fast sugars, which is the very stuff our brain uses for energy.

vegan

Digesting meat takes lots of energy which could go for the brain.

You were given very solid advice.

There must be an effortless way.

@Blessed2

yeah but that's not what I meant 

I don't think any high-value scientists any of this stuff lol 

I mean using our minds for something creative not taking care of our physical health.

I can't imagine a chess grandmaster doing hatha bathat lathat yoga or whatever they call it lmao

there is no single high intellectual man who benefited humankind with their minds and philosophies that were cute vegans lol

Edited by Omar Osama

for coding & software engineering services message me on discord

8 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

@Omar Osama Do you have a specific goal? Like do you want to do science or play chess?

You want to do intellectual stuff etc?

yes I do programming & coding

but I am talking generally and this yoga stuff and food advice is not relevant everyone should know that lol why do I need to explain?

What else do you expect?

Proper diet and movement (be it yoga, jogging, strength training, or whatever works for you) are the two most important things.

I work in science and the moment one of the two gets off track I'm incapable of doing my job at a level I expect myself to.

@Omar Osama

I remember the first time someone told me that muscle size in terms of physical appearance wasn’t indicative of strength. It was a friend of mine, who was literally a linebacker, probably 6 or more inches taller than me, and weighed almost a hundred pounds more. His biceps and chest measurements were in the ballpark of twice mine. In a conversation about fitness, it came up that we both benched the same amount in our workouts. When he told me that, for about a month, I firmly believed he was just kidding, like messing with me, pulling my leg for whatever reason. He kept telling me he wasn’t, and when I looked into it I found I had some preconceived notions in terms of correlation between physical appearance and strength that turned out to be nothing more than a belief. An assumption. 

This situation is very similar. It might seem odd or even unbelievable that meditation, yoga, diet, etc are the way to the sharpening of the mind, but this is the case. 

Chess.com ranks Garry Kasparov as the worlds greatest chess player. 

https://www.chess.com/article/view/best-chess-players-of-all-time

One of the key aspects of successful meditation is supposedly being able to focus on the current moment rather than worrying about the past and the future. World chess champion Garry Kasparov has pointed out that being able to concentrate at the important moment is perhaps one of the most overlooked and important keys to becoming a successful chess player. I recall Canadian Chess Champion Kevin Spraggett has also indicated that he used meditation for his chess growth.”

http://roman-chess.blogspot.com/2011/12/meditation-and-chess.html

It might initially be counterintuitive (counter-logical is probably more accurate), but allowing the source of the mind through the mind, aka unfettering the mind, is the way. It’s like if you had the greatest flashlight there could ever possibly be just behind the mind, the thing to do is get everything out of its way. But the twist is no one can do that. And the good news is anyone can allow that. Hence meditation is really the allowing of the activity of thought to settle, and not a doing. Yoga is very similar.  All attention is to the body; breath, breathing, balance, holding poses etc… and the mind clears naturally. 

Diet wise…

“…95% of your serotonin is produced in your gastrointestinal tract, and your gastrointestinal tract is lined with a hundred million nerve cells, or neurons, it makes sense that the inner workings of your digestive system don’t just help you digest food, but also guide your emotions. What’s more, the function of these neurons — and the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin — is highly influenced by the billions of "good" bacteria that make up your intestinal microbiome.”

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/nutritional-psychiatry-your-brain-on-food-201511168626

It might seem ‘too good to be true’… but the key is (always) happiness, clean / clear conscience, feeling great… allowing the source. 

Another consideration… everyone says exercise feels great, and it does. Everyone talks about serotonin, etc. The great feeling is attributed to x, y and z. But the great feeling is the great feeling, by any and all names. 

@Phil

21 minutes ago, Phil said:

Diet wise…

“…95% of your serotonin is produced in your gastrointestinal tract, and your gastrointestinal tract is lined with a hundred million nerve cells, or neurons, it makes sense that the inner workings of your digestive system don’t just help you digest food, but also guide your emotions. What’s more, the function of these neurons — and the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin — is highly influenced by the billions of "good" bacteria that make up your intestinal microbiome.”

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/nutritional-psychiatry-your-brain-on-food-201511168626

great article thanks.

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

It might seem ‘too good to be true’… but the key is (always) happiness, clean / clear conscience, feeling great… allowing the source. 

Another consideration… everyone says exercise feels great, and it does. Everyone talks about serotonin, etc. The great feeling is attributed to x, y and z. But the great feeling is the great feeling, by any and all names. 

can you talk more about the great feeling / feeling great?

25 minutes ago, Phil said:

Chess.com ranks Garry Kasparov as the worlds greatest chess player. 

https://www.chess.com/article/view/best-chess-players-of-all-time

One of the key aspects of successful meditation is supposedly being able to focus on the current moment rather than worrying about the past and the future. World chess champion Garry Kasparov has pointed out that being able to concentrate at the important moment is perhaps one of the most overlooked and important keys to becoming a successful chess player. I recall Canadian Chess Champion Kevin Spraggett has also indicated that he used meditation for his chess growth.”

http://roman-chess.blogspot.com/2011/12/meditation-and-chess.html

It might initially be counterintuitive (counter-logical is probably more accurate), but allowing the source of the mind through the mind, aka unfettering the mind, is the way. It’s like if you had the greatest flashlight there could ever possibly be just behind the mind, the thing to do is get everything out of its way. But the twist is no one can do that. And the good news is anyone can allow that. Hence meditation is really the allowing of the activity of thought to settle, and not a doing. Yoga is very similar.  All attention is to the body; breath, breathing, balance, holding poses etc… and the mind clears naturally. 

I knew that someone are going to mention meditation that's why I wrote yoga I still don't think any of them do lahatha yoga 

yes I do programming & coding

If you want to get better at programming & coding, practice it. Read a book. Take a course.

If you want to clear the mind & improve focus, then yoga, meditation, diet, exercise.

For creative thinking, do whatever you like to do. Let the mind wander. Let yourself daydream. Watch an interesting movie or documentary.... Etc.

There must be an effortless way.

20 minutes ago, Omar Osama said:

can you talk more about the great feeling / feeling great?

The great feeling is not coming from anywhere, anything, or anyone. It can’t be thought or believed, it can’t be understood or known. It is never expected or suspected. It never started and will never end. It’s nameless, faceless, timeless & placeless. It’s within to be discovered. It’s present now and always.

The point of life is not spirituality. The point of spirituality is life. Laugh more. Enjoy more. Forgive & apologize more readily, freely, swiftly, and without delay. Love more. Be more kind, patient and compassionate. Test those boundaries, push that envelope. Allow more.

Everything of this world… the more you give, the less you have. But love is not of this world, this world is of love. You are not in this world, in spite of all appearances, measurements & logic. In spite of all science & religion and what anyone says or believes, truly, you are not in this world, this world is within you. 

52 minutes ago, Phil said:

Walking feels aligned because it’s forward movement. 

Connecting dots…

Allow the mind to do this also, and alignment is felt. 

Evolving is forward movements as a whole.

Walking in a specific direction is just an angle of perception being within the whole evolving process changing geographical position.

Walking or thinking  in the past while forward evolving from previous arrived position was a new total sum again. As is repeating the past experiences being older now.

Doing the same thing over and over expecting different outcomes. Only thing sacrificed was individual time evolving here now.   Nobody gets back time spent believing eternal life is beyond the  moment here.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

@solereproduction

Yes I hear you on all that. I heard it the first time you said it. 

What I was asking about wasn’t that. 

Exactly.  but everything is kinetically part of all potential differences of opinions except in debating issues of reasonable doubt and the kinetic attachments are omitted for clarity in sustaining reasonable doubt.

Edited by solereproduction

10 minutes ago, solereproduction said:

Exactly.  but everything is kinetically part of all potential differences of opinions except in debating issues of reasonable doubt and the kinetic attachments are omitted for clarity in sustaining reasonable doubt.

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

@solereproduction

Yes I hear you on all that. I heard it the first time you said it. 

What I was asking about wasn’t that. 

On 4/20/2023 at 3:46 AM, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Vegan diet, or semi-vegan diet.

Hatha Yoga

Meditation or Highly concentration-Intense Kriyas. 

A bit of sunbathing, walking around in nature, sitting and being in touch with the soil.

Drinking Honey + Water.

Rich people shit basically LoL

How is this rich people shit, when it's all completely free or in the case of vegan diets cheaper than the alternative? 

Youtube Channel