I don't even know if 'my' perception is 'mine'

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Why would you use the word accusation?  Did I trigger you a bit Phil?  How do you know what anyone here believes?

The accusation is of you folks, and what you folks think (that no self is plausible as a final destination on the path). 

16 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

you folks think no self is plausible as a final destination on the path

Where is that said? Could you copy & paste it here? 

24 minutes ago, Phil said:

No one here believes that. Where’d you even hear that? It’s a nonsensical accusation. 

Copy and paste below how you know what everyone on here believes.  That's kinda controlling to say no one one here believes something.  You couldn't know that.  Anyway, I realize I'm only stirring up the bees' nest here so I will go away.  The only way I can deal with this issue is to make a new video on the ego which I will do today.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Copy and paste below how you know what everyone on here believes.  That's kinda controlling to say no one one here believes something.  You couldn't know that.  Anyway, I realize I'm only stirring up the bees' nest here so I will go away.

Even in jungian terms "ego" is not self.  Where did you come up with this idea anyway?  Identifying with the ego is a sure way to be miserable for the rest of time. 

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Even in jungian terms "ego" is not self.  Where did you come up with this idea anyway?  Identifying with the ego is a sure way to be miserable for the rest of time. 

I don't care about the Jungian term.  I care about the Maynorian term.  That's why your life is miserable because you identify with the ego but also hate it at the same time.  Take the last word on me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I don't care about the Jungian term.  I care about the Maynorian term.  That's why your life is miserable because you identify with the ego but also hate it at the same time.  Take the last word on me.

Youre gonna die on this hill?  That the ego is you? Really? 

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Negating self & embracing self are both delusions. 

♾️

2 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

"No self" isn't a negation of the self.  You don't negate what doesn't exist. 

You're caught up in clever theory.  That is gonna wear thin dude I'm telling you.  You can't hide from yourself using clever theory forever.  I can tell people who have self-acceptance and those who don't -- sometimes.  But carry on, I was where you're at too.  Don't let me spoil your guys' party.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You're caught up in clever theory.  That is gonna wear thin dude I'm telling you.  You can't hide from yourself using clever theory forever.  I can tell people who have self-acceptance and those who don't -- sometimes.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you are not nearly as intuitive as you think. 

32 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Copy and paste below how you know what everyone on here believes. 

There’s no claim of knowing what everyone here believes. 

54 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is why you folks think no self is plausible as a final destination on the path. 

This is the claim. Where’d that come from? If it’s indeed a claim made on this forum, please search, find, copy & paste. 

That's kinda controlling to say no one one here believes something. 

It’s not controlling of anyone to say no one here believes something. 

You couldn't know that. 

It’s not a claim that anyone knows anything.