26 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is what I think leads to solipsism.  

Thinking about bubbles is the leading cause of solipsism. Every solipsist is apparently trapped inside of a bubble of some sort. Wonder what would happen if they tried to pop the edge of their experience with a needle.

Edited by Enlightened Cat

Describe a thought.

28 minutes ago, Enlightened Cat said:

Thinking about bubbles is the leading cause of solipsism. Every solipsist is apparently trapped inside of a bubble of some sort. Wonder what would happen if they tried to pop the edge of their experience with a needle.

Yeah.  Thinking of Consciousness as a container leads to solipsism.  Consciousness, if anything, ain't no container.  People who do this can't seem to even see the assumption they're making here.  Leo Gura does this.  A container is a spatial metaphor.  What they're really saying is Consciousness is like a container -- but they turn the simile into an equivalence and say Consciousness is a container.  It boggles my mind how people who appear to be very smart get stuck here.  I think they just don't see this assumption, and if they do, they can't or won't question it.  Doing so will make your Solipsism fold like a house of cards.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

23 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yeah.  Thinking of Consciousness as a container leads to solipsism.  Consciousness, if anything, ain't no container.  People who do this can't seem to even see the assumption they're making here.  Leo Gura does this.  A container is a spatial metaphor.  What they're really saying is Consciousness is like a container -- but they turn the simile into an equivalence and say Consciousness is a container.  It boggles my mind how people who appear to be very smart get stuck here.  I think they just don't see this assumption, and if they do, they can't or won't question it.  Doing so will make your Solipsism fold like a house of cards.

Consciousness is the container and the contents, and there is absolutely nobody to "get it" or "not get it".

On 4/1/2023 at 4:05 PM, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

This place: Perception, Colours, sounds, etc.... Basically, that which I have always called 'my experience'.

Maybe it is, maybe 'this place' and 'moment' called 'my experience' its actually the whole of reality. Everything! There is nothing 'outside' of this. Because that 'outside' its a thought.

It cannot be disproven.   So I find that fact interesting in of itself.  Maybe you should explore this through spiritual practices to discover what is true.  It is highly plausible that all there is to reality is what is in your direct experience.   But this is dismissed by society at large, mostly because of fear of worldviews that contradict the worldview that has been taken as true by our society.