Enlightenment Genetics

Blessed2

On 4/20/2023 at 5:29 PM, DMT Elf said:

Currently I'm a teacher. Although I did work 4 weeks at UPS a few months ago when I became desperate. I can't say it was fun, but I'm glad I did it. It gave me great insight into the dark side of American capitalism. It's common to hear about all the poor working conditions, union busting, and wage theft that goes on, but experiencing it first hand is something else entirely. I would never mock blue collar workers.

My last job was as a mechanic at a high end bike shop. That's where I met my extremely hot professional mountain biker ex girlfriend. I worked there through most of college where I earned a math degree. I also dropped out of a mechanical engineering program because I thought I was too smart for it. I somewhat regret that decision. I'm also thinking about grad school in the near future.

Other things I've done: I built my own motorcycle from scrap parts and completely self taught mechanical know-how when I was 19. I don't live with my parents. In fact, we don't even live in the same state. And I don't live in a basement either.

I knew you did,..(work at UPS).. that's why I said it.  I noted an earlier post.  I'm good at recalling earlier posts if you haven't noticed.  Just like @Jonas Long and his spiritual forum addiction.

Well...I already knew you were creative and bright.   So - do you feel a passion for teaching or is it a fill in?  What's your true passion?

Edited by Robed Mystic

16 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

Lol, that wasn’t me though. It was my evil alter ego who said that…

No, I don’t have a passion for teaching. I just find it less unbearable than other things and it pays the bills (although not well). 
I was hanging out with my friend in Boulder last night and he said that he can help get me into some tech company, so I might give that a try. It’ll pay a lot better and I need money right now. 
I don’t really have a true passion tbh. And I think I don’t have enough worldly experience to know what I’m capable of doing. It’s frustrating.

Don't worry about having a "true passion" that aligns to a job or career.  It doesn't exist.  Pure capitalistic fantasy to make people feel ok about either slaving away to "work towards their goals/passion" or, being on the other end and exploiting the shit out of people working for/under you.  It's also the life blood of the so called "life coach" who exploits people by telling them stories about a passion or life purpose they aren't fulfilling, but could be, if they get enough life coaching.