26 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Phil thanks but I won't be leaving actualized.org just yet .

Nobody asked you to and nobody cares wether you do or not. 

Ye’all create problems of nothing to protect nonexistent egos & continue to compare, debate and argue about them

It’s silly. But ye’all do ye’all. 

On 3/25/2023 at 11:44 AM, Phil said:

There isn’t choice anymore than there are actually two separate selves, forums or a problem between. 

Apparently thought can make it seem so. 

Two cents… take a minute to get clear on what you want from here. 

Even clearer on what you want to let go of or be without. 

So what’s wanted can arise, fill in, be. 

Manifest.

Then proceed.

You are the creator of your reality. 

I’ll just be be basking in my creation. 

28 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Dude ..I never understood the criteria by which you call something a thought.  It seems like you would call literally anything a thought. 

If you want to be as rigorous as possible..then all the stuff that's behind the scenes and is not present in direct experience right now is indeed a thought. Like for example planet Mars or some alien on a parallel universe or your wife (in case she ain't around right now). But let's say the stuff that Is present in direct experience right now like your hands and the floor underneath you ..are those also thoughts?  If so then your criteria is definitely flawed. And who on earth lives like that ? Calling everyone and everything a thought ? Do you go to the grocery store to buy food when there is shortage in your house or do you just lay there and die of hunger because well..the grocery story is a thought 🤔

The criteria is as is per direct experience; appearance. Literally any thing is a thought because there aren’t things there are thoughts believed that there are things. Thought attachment. Monkey mind. The blind leading the blind. 

There is no ‘behind the scenes’. That’s just a thought. Nonduality is only ‘surfaces’. Appearance. 

Doesn’t matter if some thing is ‘around right now’ or ‘not around right now’ - it’s still just a thought™, an apparent belief in separation / separate things / separate selves. 

The ‘stuff’ present ‘in’ direct experience is Me. 

Yes… your, hands, floor, underneath, etc are thoughts. Not in accordance with belief, in accordance with direct experience. 

“Your” “criteria” “is” “flawed”… are (appearing) thoughts.

No one on earth lives like that because those are thoughts believed not things. 

Hunger, grocery store, etc, etc, etc - all apparent thoughts. 

There’s nothing wrong with beliefs. 

The discord of is felt, and ignored, and there’s nothing wrong with that assumed experience.  

https://www.actualized.org/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=21327

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

The  criteria is as is per direct experience; appearance. Literally any thing is a thought because there aren’t things there are thoughts believed that there are things. Thought attachment. Monkey mind. The blind leading the blind. 

There is no ‘behind the scenes’. That’s just a thought. Nonduality is only ‘surfaces’. Appearance. 

Doesn’t matter if some thing is ‘around right now’ or ‘not around right now’ - it’s still just a thought™, an apparent belief in separation / separate things / separate selves. 

The ‘stuff’ present ‘in’ direct experience is Me. 

Yes… your, hands, floor, underneath, etc are thoughts. Not in accordance with belief, in accordance with direct experience. 

“Your” “criteria” “is” “flawed”… are (appearing) thoughts.

No one on earth lives like that because those are thoughts believed not things. 

Hunger, grocery store, etc, etc, etc - all apparent thoughts. 

There’s nothing wrong with beliefs. 

The discord of is felt, and ignored, and there’s nothing wrong with that assumed experience.  

You just said it.. Everything is a thought.. That's the most deluded thing I ever heard. Well not the most but by far in a high rank. 

We exist even if everything is just a thought.

I know There is no “we" that exists as separate entities. That's where thought comes in, to discriminate “me" from “others.”

If Everything you perceive can be said to be just a thought, a stage play, a story, an illusion. There's nothing wrong with a play, or watching a movie. It's the movie of the Parabrahman, except it plays all the characters, including you and I. It's neither real, nor unreal. It's just life as it is. Let it play. Why do you want to deconstruct direct experience and shatter all thoughts? 

To me.. Thoughts are valued. Every great invention started as a thought. 

Try to come up with an example of something which is not a thought.. I challenge you. 

33 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You just said it.. Everything is a thought.. That's the most deluded thing I ever heard. Well not the most but by far in a high rank. 

We exist even if everything is just a thought.

I know There is no “we" that exists as separate entities. That's where thought comes in, to discriminate “me" from “others.”

If Everything you perceive can be said to be just a thought, a stage play, a story, an illusion. There's nothing wrong with a play, or watching a movie. It's the movie of the Parabrahman, except it plays all the characters, including you and I. It's neither real, nor unreal. It's just life as it is. Let it play. Why do you want to deconstruct direct experience and shatter all thoughts? 

To me.. Thoughts are valued. Every great invention started as a thought. 

Try to come up with an example of something which is not a thought.. I challenge you. 

In accordance with the simplicity of direct experience, “everything” is a thought. So is “deluded”. So is appearing vibrationally as “sound” and believing the thought that there is a you which can hear. 

“The ranker”. Birds of a feather. Loa. 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/spheres

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/what-is-deflection

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/what-is-projection

“We” is a thought. As in…

“All there is is unconditional love, put well being first.”

We have a problem”.

😂

How dumb!

“I know”… is the thought… “I know”. 

There has never been an any actual direct experience of knowing or understanding. 

I actually agree with Leo that none of his students are wake and it’s hysterically impossible to grasp how dumb they appear to be via believing what he ostensibly says. 

Thought doesn’t discriminate. Discriminate is a thought. 

Awareness automatically be’s essentially neti-neti; I’m not her (my mom), I’m not the floor, I’m not the walls, I’m not him, I’m not her, I’m not like this, I’m not like that.

Awareness automatically dispels what was essentially neti neti, via inspection of direct experience… over thoughts - believed. Put another way, believe (so to speak) direct experience and not conditioning. 

When this is noticed I promise “you’ll” be laughing so hard you’ll forget to breathe and laugh about that there was ever the belief in a “you” “breathing”.

But we won’t be laughing.

Thought is never perceived. Perception is never thunk. 

Everything” is a thought. Thus “everything” is never perceived. 

Characters, you and are thoughts. Never perceived. Perceiver is just another thought™.

This is God-consciousness™!

Real & unreal… are thoughts. 

Value is a separative belief, and believing so sustains the belief in the separate self. The “to me…”. That ain’t Me. It’s self-blasphemy. Ignorance. Conjecture. 

The blind leading the blind. 

The Nobel prize was recently awarded for proving value is a belief. 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-universe-is-not-locally-real-and-the-physics-nobel-prize-winners-proved-it/

4EB0E34E-1B9F-49BB-8B69-407465E4FE16.thumb.jpeg.87f1f4abf2b626096f1cff4cf2f9889c.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Phil said:

In accordance with the simplicity of direct experience, “everything” is a thought. So is “deluded”. So is appearing vibrationally as “sound” and believing the thought that there is a you which can hear. 

What is a thought then.? just a thought? What creates thoughts then? Thoughts create more thoughts, and they do more, so the branching is never ending. So the question is what the root is, just a thought. Thot thot thot I am getting mad now.. don't worry , just a thot.

We” is a thought. As in…

“All there is is unconditional love, put well being first.”

We have a problem”.

😂

How dumb!

Isn't Leo banning you from actualized also a thought? Just let it go and be done with all that f-ing thing already. Why do you place much importance to a memory..? Be self-consistent. 

Again... "we" as in me and you and your family.

What do you say to the waiter in a restaurant when you order some food for your family? 

"well, sir, we want some grilled bacon.. I mean not" we ".. But us.. Dammit not" us".. Just bring some grilled bacon here "😂

I'm sure you are a different person in real life. Otherwise we really have a" problem ". 

I know”… is the thought… “I know”. 

There has never been an any actual direct experience of knowing or understanding. 

I actually agree with Leo that none of his students are wake and it’s hysterically impossible to grasp how dumb they appear to be via believing what he ostensibly says. 

I?  They ? He? 

Thoughts bro. You have fallen into the nest of your own making. 

Thought doesn’t discriminate. Discriminate is a thought. 

Awareness automatically be’s essentially neti-neti; I’m not her (my mom), I’m not the floor, I’m not the walls, I’m not him, I’m not her, I’m not like this, I’m not like that.

Awareness automatically dispels what was essentially neti neti, via inspection of direct experience… over thoughts - believed. Put another way, believe (so to speak) direct experience not conditioning 

And I'm in love with direct experience. In my direct experience I can hold a freaking piece of metal or wood or any other object and it's Not a damn thought. You must rethink your entire worldview. This "everything is a thought" doesn't hold water or make a whim of a sense.  If you yourself behaved in accordance with this.. You will die of hunger like I said.. Because hunger and food are just thoughts. 

When this is noticed I promise “you’ll” be laughing so hard you’ll forget to breathe and laugh about that there was ever the belief in a “you” “breathing”.

But we won’t be laughing.

Thought is never perceived. Perception is never thunk. 

“Everything” is a thought. Thus “everything” is never perceived. 

Characters, you and I are thoughts. Never perceived. Perceiver is just another thought™.

This is God-consciousness™!

Real & unreal… are thoughts. 

Value is a separative belief, and believing so sustains the belief in the separate self. The “to me…”. That ain’t Me. It’s self-blasphemy. Ignorance. Conjecture. 

The blind leading the blind. 

The Nobel prize was recently awarded for proving value is a belief. 

Yes.

But so what?

We still enjoy watching TV shows and movies…but they are illusions and not real.

We still enjoy dreaming at night…but they are illusions and not real.

We still enjoy watching magic shows…but they are illusions and not real.

As children, we still enjoyed going on imaginary adventures with imaginary friends…but they were illusions and not real.

Illusions are great things…and lots of fun.

Just because the separate self is an illusion doesn’t mean that it can't be enjoyed.  How many times did you yourself use the pronoun"I"? Why don't you stop saying that word completely and erase it from your vocabulary? 

You see? 

You can't. 

17 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Someone here You seem to think that what you enjoy is somehow threatened here, do you believe that it's threatened by it not having validity, and that in just being "a thought" it will no longer have the power to be loved, appreciated, enjoyed? 

I'm against two things that Phil says

The first is that everything is a thought (he literally said that above).and the second is that Most thoughts are pointless and you should Think of them as clouds that pass over the sky and nothing more. You don’t have to act on them, you don’t have to believe them, just let them go.

My claims are that thoughts are important and we should not dismiss them. 

Your mind is just doing what minds do. Our minds like to warn us about stuff because our minds think they are keeping us safe by doing this. Your mind would always rather lean on the side of giving you a warning than not because it is more likely to keep you physically safe that way, and your mind cares about that more than anything. But just because your mind is doing its job, that doesn't mean the thoughts actually mean anything. Again, thoughts are just thoughts. 

Phil is trying to convince me that When you have a thought that your relationship partner might leave you, that's just a fart noise in your head. Treat it as such: ignore it and move on with whatever you were actually doing with your day. And that's unhealthy way of dealing with it. 

@Someone here If you're driving and it starts snowing and the road is covered with snow, the thought to slow down is a useful thought, but then freaking out over being late for an appointment or over the possibility that you'll crash even while going a reasonable speed for snowy conditions would be suffering. You know by how it feels. Recognizing that thoughts are thoughts allows you to let go the thoughts that are just perpetuating suffering in the form of paranoia, hypochondria, plain old worry, overthinking, the inner complaining, and when you let them go you instantly recognize what's wanted. It only enhances and optimizes your ability to function in the world and your communion in relationships. Is there something going on in your relationship specifically that's contributing to suffering?

Youtube Channel  

8 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Someone here If you're driving and it starts snowing and the road is covered with snow, the thought to slow down is a useful thought, but then freaking out over being late for an appointment or over the possibility that you'll crash even while going a reasonable speed for snowy conditions would be suffering. You know by how it feels. Recognizing that thoughts are thoughts allows you to let go the thoughts that are just perpetuating suffering in the form of paranoia, hypochondria, plain old worry, overthinking, the inner complaining, and when you let them go you instantly recognize what's wanted. It only enhances and optimizes your ability to function in the world and your communion in relationships. Is there something going on in your relationship specifically that's contributing to suffering?

That's a good analogy. I'm not saying we should entertain every single thought that passes through our heads ..because that can create anxiety and stress and might even lead to suicide (I know because I struggled with anxiety for few years and it was primarily because I was overthinking the outcome of my imagination).

But also..dismissal of thought completely also falls short . Because no matter how advanced spiritually you think you are..you cannot stop having thoughts .

we are the mind, and we are not the mind simultaneously. So we can remember, when the human thoughts arise, which they always do, and always will, to recognise them as just that, thoughts.

sooner or later, as we engage with the world, those human thoughts are bound to return. And we can accept them, let them come and go, like clouds passing through the sky. Or we can listen to them..give them importance..and act on them .it depends on the specific situation and the kind of thoughts that are arising .

P.S nah nothing is happening between me and my girlfriend (yes I finally have a girlfriend 😆 lol).

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But also..dismissal of thought completely also falls short .

I don't think anyone means that you should dismiss them, or exclude them in anyway, just that they already aren't what "we think" 😆. Like if I'm walking in the desert with my  kid and she's like "OMG there's water!" I'm not gonna be like "You idiot, you don't see water." I'm going to be like "yeah, amazing huh? It's a mirage though, we can't really drink from that or ever really get to it, but I have some water for you right here in my backpack."

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because no matter how advanced spiritually you think you are..you cannot stop having thoughts .

So what you're saying is that thought of advancement in spirituality for separate selves is just a thought? Not really sure what your fight is here. 

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

What is a thought then.? just a thought? What creates thoughts then? Thoughts create more thoughts, and they do more, so the branching is never ending. So the question is what the root is, just a thought. 

Thot thot thot I am getting mad now.. don't worry , just a thot.

Anger is an emotion. Emotion is felt. Suppress and overlook the guidance to believe conjecture, and there is suffering.

Yes, “anger” is just a thought™. A thought which points to how it feels to be groomed & duped by conjecture. 

“Anger is a gift”. 

Zack De La Rocha

Isn't Leo banning you from actualized also a thought?

Yes! 

Just let it go and be done with all that f-ing thing already. Why do you place much importance to a memory..? Be self-consistent. 

“Memory” is just the thought™… memory. 

There is no one to be self-consistent because all there is is self already, and self is unconditional love. 

Conditions are apparent. 

Again... "we" as in me and you and your family.

What do you say to the waiter in a restaurant when you order some food for your family? 

"well, sir, we want some grilled bacon.. I mean not" we ".. But us.. Dammit not" us".. Just bring some grilled bacon here "😂

I'm sure you are a different person in real life. Otherwise we really have a" problem ". 

The Nobel prize awarded proof that there is no value also proves there is no meaning, purpose or worth. Denial apparently happens, yet there is no “you which avoids the truth”. 

There is no meaning behind language & communication because ‘it’ is apparent. 

There already aren’t separate selves, such as “the enlightened self”, “unenlightened self”, or the “you that avoids the truth”. 

Thus there is no “person in real life”. 

No self, no problem. 

But thought attachment, monkey mind, makes it seem so. 

“Me in real life” twice a month. Free. 

https://community.actualityofbeing.com/events/

I?  They ? He? 

Thoughts bro. You have fallen into the nest of your own making. 

It is as if I am in the creation I am being.

Yet there is neither an I or an it. 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/subject-objects-thoughts

And I'm in love with direct experience. In my direct experience I can hold a freaking piece of metal or wood or any other object and it's Not a damn thought.

Awareness as it were, is directly aware of thoughts, perception & sensation. 

“Metal” is a thought. 

“Wood” is a thought. 

“Not a damn thought”… is just another thought™. 

Perception can not be thunk. 

Thought can not be perceived. 

You must rethink your entire worldview. This "everything is a thought" doesn't hold water or make a whim of a sense.  If you yourself behaved in accordance with this.. You will die of hunger like I said.. Because hunger and food are just thoughts. 

There’s no you!

Worldview is the thought… worldview. 

There is no actual worldview, there is just apparently the believing of the thoughts… you & worldview. 

Same for “doesn’t hold water”, etc. 

Yes.

But so what?

We still enjoy watching TV shows and movies…but they are illusions and not real.

No! That’s conjecture. 

We still enjoy dreaming at night…but they are illusions and not real.

No! That’s conjecture. 

We still enjoy watching magic shows…but they are illusions and not real.

No! That’s conjecture. 

As children, we still enjoyed going on imaginary adventures with imaginary friends…but they were illusions and not real.

No! That’s conjecture. 

Illusions are great things…and lots of fun.

No! That’s conjecture. 

Just because the separate self is an illusion doesn’t mean that it can't be enjoyed.  How many times did you yourself use the pronoun"I"? Why don't you stop saying that word completely and erase it from your vocabulary? 

There is no meaning behind language & communication. 

You see? 

You can't. 

There’s no you!

58 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I'm against two things that Phil says

The first is that everything is a thought (he literally said that above).

No. What’s being said is “everything” is the thought… “everything”. 

This is in accordance with direct experience. 

and the second is that Most thoughts are pointless and you should Think of them as clouds that pass over the sky and nothing more. You don’t have to act on them, you don’t have to believe them, just let them go.

No. What’s being said is there is no thinker, and there is no you, and thus there is no should being said. 

Phil is trying to convince me that When you have a thought that your relationship partner might leave you, that's just a fart noise in your head. Treat it as such: ignore it and move on with whatever you were actually doing with your day. And that's unhealthy way of dealing with it. 

No. No one’s trying to convince anyone of anything. There already aren’t separate selves. 

31 minutes ago, Mandy said:

don't think anyone means that you should dismiss them, or exclude them in anyway, just that they already aren't what "we think" 😆

I agree that thoughts think themselves and "we" don't have control over them. 

But in practical life we should act as though we are. Because our actions have consequences. And our actions start off as thoughts. 

Remember, when you treat your mind this way, it doesn't mean your mind will necessarily stop saying thoughts. Your mind is going to do what it wants to do; you don't have control over the thoughts that pop into your head.  No one actually does. The important thing is not what thoughts you have, it's what you do when you have those thoughts.

34 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Like if I'm walking in the desert with my  kid and she's like "OMG there's water!" I'm not gonna be like "You idiot, you don't see water." I'm going to be like "yeah, amazing huh? It's a mirage though, we can't really drink from that or ever really get to it, but I have some water for you right here in my backpack."

Sorry I didn't understand the analogy or what exactly are you eluding to here. 

Will you clarify it? 

35 minutes ago, Mandy said:

So what you're saying is that thought of advancement in spirituality for separate selves is just a thought? Not really sure what your fight is here. 

No. I'm saying you can't stop having thoughts no matter what you do. Even if you see through the illusion of separate self and the spontaneity of thoughts and unpredictability of them. Even if you been meditating for 30 years. The neurons in your brain won't stop working. 

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Phil sorry man and no offense but it's like I'm talking to a robot. 

Say whatever ya like about Me, just mind the guidelines please. 

What could be said after that? 

This is a pointless discussion at this point 

Philosophically, yes, pointless. 

Deflection & projection are overlooked in the overlooking of misinterpretation. 

Anything said which is relevant is therein overlooked. Such as anger is felt

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I agree that thoughts think themselves and "we" don't have control over them. 

But in practical life we should act as though we are. Because our actions have consequences. And our actions start off as thoughts. 

Do they really? Cause I don't agree and neither does science or Nike. 

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Remember, when you treat your mind this way, it doesn't mean your mind will necessarily stop saying thoughts. Your mind is going to do what it wants to do; you don't have control over the thoughts that pop into your head.  No one actually does. The important thing is not what thoughts you have, it's what you do when you have those thoughts.

How can a thought control a thought if there are never two simultaneous thoughts? There's no subject, object verb structure. 

Sorry I didn't understand the analogy or what exactly are you eluding to here. 

I don't dismiss my daughter's experience of the illusion of the mirage of water in the desert, I point out the phenomenon. 

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No. I'm saying you can't stop having thoughts no matter what you do. Even if you see through the illusion of separate self and the spontaneity of thoughts and unpredictability of them. Even if you been meditating for 30 years. The neurons in your brain won't stop working. 

You're waiting for it to be an effect of something, whereas it's already the case, prior to conception of neurons, or worms eating your dead brain. Prior to the conception of before or after. 

12 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Phil sorry man and no offense but it's like I'm talking to a robot. 

That's a really helpful projection to look at, if you will. 

Youtube Channel