On 3/24/2023 at 11:40 PM, Someone here said:

A thought? A concept? A belief? An experience? An entity? A being that lives in the heavens? Or something else? 

What proves that God is real? 

What's the fundamental difference between the Abrahamic religion's God and the eastern version of God (nonduality)…? 

Let's contemplate together 

How can you trust the language? 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

God is a word, you just learned it. 

So what? That doesn't mean it's not real or doesn't exist. I also learned how to eat food. And these are words. Yet that doesn't mean food and eating do not exist. 

3 minutes ago, James123 said:

Tell me a thing that you can imagine without the knowledge?

Imagination is both limited and unlimited simultaneously. So to imagine any thing, I have to have a mental image in my mind. 

Anyways.. So for you 'God' is just a word.. Tell me then what created the universe? 

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:
17 minutes ago, James123 said:

Imagination is both limited and unlimited simultaneously. So to imagine any thing, I have to have a mental image in my mind. 

Anyways.. So for you 'God' is just a word.. Tell me then what created the universe? 

Just imagine, if you never learned anything, will you be born? 

You have a body, or you are a thought that thinks having a body? 

5 minutes ago, James123 said:

Just imagine, if you never learned anything, will you be born? 

No.  I would not know. But surely I will start wondering about where I came from. 

6 minutes ago, James123 said:

You have a body, or you are a thought that thinks having a body? 

"I" seems to be the entire bubble of perception. It's neither a body nor a thought... It's the entire existence /experience/consciousness etc. 

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I would not know. But surely I will start wondering about where I came from

How? You didn't learned the I or what is wondering or where?

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

.. It's the entire existence /experience/consciousness etc. 

Same as I.

On 3/24/2023 at 9:40 PM, Someone here said:

A thought? A concept? A belief? An experience? An entity? A being that lives in the heavens? Or something else? 

All of the above.

What proves that God is real? 

All of the above.

What's the fundamental difference between the Abrahamic religion's God and the eastern version of God (nonduality)…? 

Some of the Abrahamic scholars started hiding God outside of experience, and so it became that way: worship of some invisible entity. Eastern scholars couldn't stop making more gods, so it became that way: worship of a million gods. Of course, the New Age scholars knew better and picked the right version of God from right underneath both of them, but they forgot the other good stuff, so it became that way: teenagers having spiritual emergencies left and right without knowing who to go to for help. Quite a world 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Do animals know that they were born or that they are going to die? They didn't learn anything.. Yet the cat tries to protect her kittens from death. 

If you never learned, what is cat, birth, death, protect or kittens?

On 3/25/2023 at 8:42 PM, Someone here said:

Do animals know that they were born or that they are going to die? They didn't learn anything.. Yet the cat tries to protect her kittens from death. 

Animals, cats, kittens & death are the thoughts animals, cats, kittens & death. 

Perception is perception. 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/what-is-deflection

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/what-is-projection

I think one of the most profound things to realize if you're at the point on the path where this is appropriate -- God is a word.  It's not the only answer, but at the right place and time on the path it can be a nice counter-balance.  There are pros and cons to God seeking.  I spoke to a friend for 3 hours about the Divine last night so keep that in mind too.  It's important to figure out the Divine but then also be liberated from it too.  There's different ways to conceive of the Divine as exemplified in our culture.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Phil said:

@Someone here

Yeah. 

Dude ..I never understood the criteria by which you call something a thought.  It seems like you would call literally anything a thought. 

If you want to be as rigorous as possible..then all the stuff that's behind the scenes and is not present in direct experience right now is indeed a thought. Like for example planet Mars or some alien on a parallel universe or your wife (in case she ain't around right now). But let's say the stuff that Is present in direct experience right now like your hands and the floor underneath you ..are those also thoughts?  If so then your criteria is definitely flawed. And who on earth lives like that ? Calling everyone and everything a thought ? Do you go to the grocery store to buy food when there is shortage in your house or do you just lay there and die of hunger because well..the grocery story is a thought 🤔