What is Receptivity?

Mandy

46 minutes ago, MetaSage said:

Sounds good but take a look. A bottom line doesn't have to sound logical, but why do we feel undeserved?

One possible reason is that we assume we're somehow wrong for not-knowing fundamental stuff about ourselves, life and existence. Especially when in virtually any culture not-knowing is seen as a malady, pretension will be adopted, both subtle and gross. With time, we start to feel uneasy and begin to suspect that we're inauthentic, fake, phony, superficial. It's due to the persona being performed by us, which doesn't exist, as if.

This may be a key sense of identifying with an internal self, it seems to me.

It's like me believing I'm lazy and unmotivated. The belief causes me to be lazy and unmotivated. I look for the cause of why I'm lazy, I worry about vitamin deficiencies, toxins, bad genes, bad parenting, whatever other ideas come across to explain my current assumed state. I don't see the assumption, but look for all kinds of reasons to bolster it up.  But if I let go of ideas of what I am, I can then be in the moment whatever it is I want to be. If you just write down how you want to feel you will. We're our own Genies. The story of Genies being external slaves were written to show that the immediate manifestation of what you think you want isn't at all what you want. 

Youtube Channel  

25 minutes ago, Phil said:

@solereproduction

Now isn’t eternity. 

If interested, refer back to the original question. 

Everyone I ever met family, friends, socially interacting with tells me that, yet how evolving happens shows it always has been.  Personal experience living as one of a kind "sole reproduction" is perpetually changing total sum of me never staying what I was here now.

Aging like everything else individually here.  series parallel energy flow current of ancestral positions present in ever changing forms occupying space specificlaly here.

My instinctive brain navigating time contradicts every ideology historically achieved governing current events.  So, where is the breakdown of communicating coming from?

Intellectual reasonable doubt. Factuality replaced actuality of evolving in plain sight. Choices made and promises kept to agree to disagree living cannot be limited to eternally spearated as genetically present.

Everyone needs a contextual soul of who rather than genetic whom one remains arriving a great great grandchild and which siblings/cousins become 1 of 16 great great grandparents added 4 more generations since arriving one of a kind.

Edited by solereproduction
add context to clarify life's specificity to evolving forward now.

Would you be receptive to someone who wanted to physically assault you?  Whatever receptivity is it excludes at least that.  It's good to integrate being more receptive, but it has limits/boundaries too.  I think claiming to be receptive across the board is a pipe dream and nobody actually does that.  It's something to integrate within certain nuanced limits -- in my opinion.  And I realize people will agree and disagree with me and have their own unique opinion on this too, which I welcome.  Would you be receptive to someone who prevented you from freely stating what you think and feel?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Joseph Maynor

What about receptivity such there’s already no you (integrating, the knower, etc)? 

But how does this work practically?  This seems like it goes no further than a pretty idea.  That might be fine.  But I like to put ideas to work too.  If there's no you, who cares about defending you when someone tries to rape you?  You care!  You care about you.  Obviously!  There is a you on some level.  I'm not forcing anything down anyone's throat, just expressing my honest opinion here.  That said I think it's important to integrate the specialty of No Self in development work, but I don't think that's the pinnacle one can develop on the path.  People with the Feminine in the shadow could really benefit by doing work integrating No Self.   We all know one of those people well -- Leo!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor It's impossible to be receptive to a theoretical situation and it's impossible not to. The radio potentially receives whatever signal is being sent out, but if you set your dial to 98.1 you won't hear what's being broadcast on 102.9. If you set your dial to 102.9 and hate what's being broadcast, just change the station. The ever present potential for receptivity of the radio remains the same. 

Youtube Channel  

27 minutes ago, Phil said:

@solereproduction

There’s nothing ‘wrong’ per se with conceptualizing. ‘At the end of the day’ it’s your path as it were. 🙏🏻 

right and wrong based on universal binary code 0 -1.  

You want to play 6 degrees of separation to your 7th point of equally displaced as I am in my own 7th point of displacement.  morality, legality, situational ethics, ecoomics, politics, religions, social consensus, or personally navigating as a simple reproduciton mutually evolving forward now.

there is a yes or no question.  I can do either or all the above simultaneously.  I understand both real time evolving and relative time governing outcomes for each incoming great great grandchild added forward here already changing entire population one at a time now.

You intellectually dance between selective interpretations of anything else is possible and you will constantly deny what isn't possible. Evolving doesn't exceed life limited to mutually evolving here one at a time as a whole food chain native to this one atmosphere.

I won't follow reasonable doubt anymore. It will become the death of me.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

But how does this work practically? 

It’s what’s already the case.  

This seems like it goes no further than a pretty idea. 

Let the idea go then. 

That might be fine.  But I like to put ideas to work too. 

Nothing wrong with that. 

If there's no you, who cares about defending you when someone tries to rape you?  You care!  You care about you.  Obviously!  There is a you on some level. 

The ‘you’ / separate self, is an illusion of believing apparent thoughts. ‘The body’ is a thought, and what the thought points to is an appearance of ineffable. ‘Infinite intelligence’ points. Pure magic. 

I'm not forcing anything down anyone's throat, just expressing my honest opinion here.  That said I think it's important to integrate the specialty of No Self in development work, but I don't think that's the pinnacle one can develop on the path. 

There is already no self. There is already no thinker. 

People with the Feminine in the shadow could really benefit by doing work integrating No Self.   We all know one of those people well -- Leo!

There is already no people / Leo. These are beliefs. There’s nothing wrong with these beliefs, opinions and discussions. 

43 minutes ago, solereproduction said:

right and wrong based on universal binary code 0 -1.  

You want to play 6 degrees of separation to your 7th point of equally displaced as I am in my own 7th point of displacement.  morality, legality, situational ethics, ecoomics, politics, religions, social consensus, or personally navigating as a simple reproduciton mutually evolving forward now.

there is a yes or no question.  I can do either or all the above simultaneously.  I understand both real time evolving and relative time governing outcomes for each incoming great great grandchild added forward here already changing entire population one at a time now.

You intellectually dance between selective interpretations of anything else is possible and you will constantly deny what isn't possible. Evolving doesn't exceed life limited to mutually evolving here one at a time as a whole food chain native to this one atmosphere.

I won't follow reasonable doubt anymore. It will become the death of me.

It was just a simple yes or no question.