Embracing the "I" or self

Orb

10 hours ago, Orb said:

I see people mentioning here that the I must somehow be embraced. 

In direct experience, to embrace "I" is delusion and to negate "I" is also delusion. 

I'd just leave it alone. 

No-Self does not mean that there's a self that's being negated. No-Self points to that there never was a Self in the first place.

Reasonable doubt doesn't lead a soul to serenity, nirvana, great beyond, but a sole with serenity understands the specificity of "I" is just one of a kind occupying space since reproductively here, now.  All the "we" say so won't embrace the "self" evident mutual time living in series parallel dimension of one's ancestral position to an ever changing populaiton present, 5 generations remaining adapting to tthe moment here balancing out total behavior within the whole food chain native to one atmosphere.

In all your spiritual wisdom of no self, relative time is meaningless to your soul's energy to compare individuals against the total sum itself.  Numerators against a common denominator.   unity is lost.

10 hours ago, Orb said:

I see people mentioning here that the I must somehow be embraced. 

In direct experience, to embrace "I" is delusion and to negate "I" is also delusion. 

I'd just leave it alone. 

No-Self does not mean that there's a self that's being negated. No-Self points to that there never was a Self in the first place.

It really just means to embrace the dream.   Instead of constantly pointing out that its a dream.    By constantly standing outside the dream and saying "it's not real guys - its a dream"  you might just miss out on the whole intent of the dream which is to experience it.

4 minutes ago, Mandy said:

As related to the dream thing, like what's the point of waking up to a dream? 

To experience yourself as a finite "I" would be the dream - to remember your true nature would be to wake up.  But when you are being a butterfly and flying around, would you want to know that your true nature is God, or would you want to be able to fully be the butterfly?

13 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

By forgetting its a dream.   

Are not realities dreams made into social fruition of could be anything else than genetics eternally separating active reproductions being alive now?  The world stage is mankind's to do as a "we" say so no "i" can stop humanity alone.

Edited by solereproduction

7 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Robed Mystic Well that's why I asked what emotions are for. If I'm dreaming a nightmare, I want to wake up and know that those monsters are real and have the fear totally dispelled, if I'm dreaming I'm a butterfly being lucid to that is already best of both worlds, there's no more fully than joy and love and freedom. 

I would suggest to you that lucidity is a bit trickier than that.  Once you are lucid you have already stepped outside the dream.   For example, when playing a video game, you're imagining you're a character in the game.  You're not constantly telling yourself you are in a game.  You're temporary forgetting its a game.   Even the lucid Dreamer wil temporarily forget they were lucid in the first place if they want to become whatever they are dreaming they are in totality.  If they don't wish to totally become it, they can stay lucid, but then they will be standing outside of it and not being it.  

Edited by Robed Mystic

8 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Robed Mystic I don't buy it, sorry. 

Sometimes you say you have no worldly desires , sometimes you say we should forget we're in the dream and live it to the fullest. Doesn't resonate.

You seem to flip flop a lot.

Well, I mean I really don't have a lot of material desires anymore but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy life. .

@Robed Mystic Like this tricky? 

emotionalscale.thumb.jpg.e5a80cffc01d04e505a2f378584de378.jpg

I'm mad because my sister is a bitch, and I suffer because my sister doesn't consider me enough is being totally lost the dream of suffering, but realizing that I'm feeling the guidance of anger and being willing to feel it is waking up. Isn't this how it applies to every moment, real life? Emotions? 

Youtube Channel  

7 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Robed Mystic Like this tricky? 

emotionalscale.thumb.jpg.e5a80cffc01d04e505a2f378584de378.jpg

I'm mad because my sister is a bitch, and I suffer because my sister doesn't consider me enough is being totally lost the dream of suffering, but realizing that I'm feeling the guidance of anger and being willing to feel it is waking up. Isn't this how it applies to every moment, real life? Emotions? 

That's really more about going meta on your emotions and understanding them.  It's a form of self awareness so to speak.  Which will alleviate suffering.  As far as suffering goes - yes - and on a broader scope, waking up is the freeing from the suffering of being a mortal being- because it is the understanding that you are immortal.    But embracing the dream is embracing all of it, including the suffering.   Yet as you point out, suffering can still be eased while being mortal, via understanding.  

Edited by Robed Mystic

@Robed Mystic all I'm seeing is long complicated narratives that you made up that sound a lot like what leo says. It seems you will just keep doing this. 

Why do you share this narrative with people? Are you really interested in guiding others, or is it for whatever power you think you'll get out of it?

♾️

11 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Robed Mystic all I'm seeing is long complicated narratives that you made up that sound a lot like what leo says. It seems you will just keep doing this. 

Why do you share this narrative with people? Are you really interested in guiding others, or is it for whatever power you think you'll get out of it?

I would say to share with others.  I am not trying to push anything on you.  One should think for themselves.   If what I'm saying sounds like what Leo says then maybe it comes from my direct experience and not belief.   And I wouldn't want you to take anything as belief.  I enjoy talking about this stuff.   Its not really to get anything out of it.  You asked about what embracing the "i" meant and I was telling you what it meant to me.  If you don't agree that's fine- I'm not trying to be "right".

Edited by Robed Mystic